[Android] Fat Free Froyo [ODEX'D RLS5] 11/4

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Does Voice Search work for anyone? I installed it from the Market but when I open it, all I get is the tutorial window to come up. How do you actually use the program?

there is a button at the bottom you have to press to move to the actual program, in order to do that long old on the power button so your phone goes landscape the launch the program you should be able to hit the next button after that flip the screen back and enjoy

CyCLoBoT

Dec 14, 2007
there is a button at the bottom you have to press to move to the actual program, in order to do that long old on the power button so your phone goes landscape the launch the program you should be able to hit the next button after that flip the screen back and enjoy

Thanks man, I would have never figured that out.

vellowax

Mar 25, 2010
haha then you have retail working cats like me that till 4:30 today i was on here literally all day

I feel that I really far away now...:)
btw, I'm following the G1 too, though i don't have G1, but there's a lot thing that could be implement on vogue.

I've been guessing what's your idea next after that flying fat free ?

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I feel that I really far away now...:)
btw, I'm following the G1 too, though i don't have G1, but there's a lot thing that could be implement on vogue.

I've been guessing what's your idea next after that flying fat free ?

i check in everyones forums to see whats new and cool, and i agree there are some cool things to implement, i wish i knew how myn did it in his warm twopointtwo but he actually has the ability to reboot the graphical shell without that hot reboot app, i feel something like that would be great for us

also days like this i wish i was a real developer instead of the guy who uses 7zip

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
Atlast installed

Hello Kyle,

I am able to work the RS3 unodexed version to my TYTN II.

Couple of things that I noted, z and y keys are swapped. When I press z , it shows y and vice versa.

As I am using Haret install, it shows varying values for battery. It shows 81% where as it is around 30% in WM.

I am using 2800mAh battery and this is my
Code:
set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set MTYPE 1553
set KERNEL zImage-2.6.32-froyo-06-09-10_22
set initrd initrd.lzma
#
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.nostart				 - Set ppp.nostart=1 to disable starting the ppp connection on boot
# msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax      - The maximum frequency (in Hz) used by the SD controller
# pm.sleep_mode              - The mode used when the phone is off 
#                              0=Power Collapse Suspend, 1=Power Collapse, 2=Apps Sleep, 
#                              3=Slow Clock and Wait for Interrupt 4=Wait for Interrupt
#                              Default is 1, use 1 for best power savings
# board-htckaiser.panel_type - Panel type used to power the panel off and on
#                              0=Don't power off the panel (Default)
#                              1=Sony 2=Topoly 3=Topoly (probably just the same as 2)
# lcd.density                - Defaults to 160, 128 shows more on screen
#
set cmdline "ppp.nostart=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=240 mddi.height=320 no_console_suspend board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=4 board-htckaiser.panel_type=1 hw3d.version=1 board-kaiser-battery.battery_capacity=2700 board_htckaiser.pmem_size=4 board_htckaiser.pmem_adsp_size=1 clock-7x00.a11=500"
boot

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

n2rjt

Hello Kyle,

I am able to work the RS3 unodexed version to my TYTN II.

Couple of things that I noted, z and y keys are swapped. When I press z , it shows y and vice versa.

As I am using Haret install, it shows varying values for battery. It shows 81% where as it is around 30% in WM.

I am using 2800mAh battery and this is my
Code:
set FBDURINGBOOT 0
set MTYPE 1553
set KERNEL zImage-2.6.32-froyo-06-09-10_22
set initrd initrd.lzma
#
# The following kernel parameters are useful
# ppp.nostart				 - Set ppp.nostart=1 to disable starting the ppp connection on boot
# msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax      - The maximum frequency (in Hz) used by the SD controller
# pm.sleep_mode              - The mode used when the phone is off 
#                              0=Power Collapse Suspend, 1=Power Collapse, 2=Apps Sleep, 
#                              3=Slow Clock and Wait for Interrupt 4=Wait for Interrupt
#                              Default is 1, use 1 for best power savings
# board-htckaiser.panel_type - Panel type used to power the panel off and on
#                              0=Don't power off the panel (Default)
#                              1=Sony 2=Topoly 3=Topoly (probably just the same as 2)
# lcd.density                - Defaults to 160, 128 shows more on screen
#
set cmdline "ppp.nostart=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 mddi.width=240 mddi.height=320 no_console_suspend board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=4 board-htckaiser.panel_type=1 hw3d.version=1 board-kaiser-battery.battery_capacity=2700 board_htckaiser.pmem_size=4 board_htckaiser.pmem_adsp_size=1 clock-7x00.a11=500"
boot

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I found that it is best to divide the battery level by 2.2 when first booting with HaRET out of Windows. You are using an older kernel that doesn't have that fix. Unfortunately, the newer 2.6.32 kernels don't work as well with HaRET. I have not yet discovered why.

Change your default.txt to say this, but not until you have a newer kernel that works:
board-kaiser-battery.battery_capacity=2700 board-kaiser-battery.haret_divisor=4480

Prowess

Jun 24, 2009
I found that it is best to divide the battery level by 2.2 when first booting with HaRET out of Windows. You are using an older kernel that doesn't have that fix. Unfortunately, the newer 2.6.32 kernels don't work as well with HaRET. I have not yet discovered why.

Change your default.txt to say this, but not until you have a newer kernel that works:

n2rjt, does this work for vogue too? What should be its value? Thanks,

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
What's the flip clock weather widget that normally is in the other releases called, its been removed in this one? I tried getting yr.no but it looks different.

n2rjt

What's the flip clock weather widget that normally is in the other releases called, its been removed in this one? I tried getting yr.no but it looks different.

If you d/l Warm Donut you can extract the older app.
I prefer "Fancy Widget", does the same thing, but doesn't try to look like Sense.
For me it seems that FW uses less of the machine, and gives more useful place names, at least in United States. Just add it as an exception to whatever task killer you use, or it will stall and display an old time.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
If you d/l Warm Donut you can extract the older app.
I prefer "Fancy Widget", does the same thing, but doesn't try to look like Sense.
For me it seems that FW uses less of the machine, and gives more useful place names, at least in United States. Just add it as an exception to whatever task killer you use, or it will stall and display an old time.

i actually just sent him that in a pm haha i love that widget

CyCLoBoT

Dec 14, 2007
How would you extract the Fancy Widget from Warm Donut? Is it possible to do that on a Mac?

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
Is there a way to unodex a build, or do I need to if I want to add / remove apps from system?

I was selecting certain apps from your Not So Super, and putting in the boot animation from Inc's v16. I also deleted all the odex files, as I thought I read somewhere dzo mentioned that deleting the odex files is enough, but it goes into endless boot cycle in the boot animation. And for some reason with the yr.no widget, I can't get any cities other than the Norwegian ones, any ideas? Do I need to modify any xml files somewhere?

Last edited:

Does_It_Matter

Dec 25, 2009
How are you loading this stuff?

Any modifications I do, I modify the original androidinstall.tar, then do a fresh
re-install of system/data, and then all my changes work fine.

I've added .apk's
removed any .apk I don't need (usually youtube and wireless - no use on Vogue)

changed boot animation (I found a very cool fire pentagram animation I love!)

etc...

but all changes made to androidinstall.tar

fresh install - all works good - don't matter Odex / de-odex'd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so this is what i have been messing with for the past few days since i think not so super froyo has hit a point that im happy with for the moment

my goal with this build is to get rid of as much of the unneeded apps as possible and shrink the system down as small as it can.

things that are removed from the initial install that are in fresh froyo
    -HTC_IME
    -Gmail, google search, voice search and pretty much every other google app that can now be installed from the market
    -as always live wallpapers and launcher 2 are gone
    - the how to use android widget
    - their are no other wallpapers or galleries installed on this build too their are plenty of the apps on the market for that
    - THIS BUILD IS ENGLISH AND SPANISH ONLY!

things that are in it
    - a new blue theme i have been working on (some of the .png's are from losteden, vellowax and some other various themes), its pretty close to perfect but their might be a few hiccups still
    - ADW is still the launcher of choice and its still in /data for easy removal
    - a different themed clock
    - zip align on first boot
    - astro and rogue tools are both installed in /data
    known issues
    - ADW still does the could not load widget error like in Not so super

I was going to odex this build but wasnt able to get the ADB driver to work correctly (if somebody does manage to get it Odex'd feel free to post it)

Also this was merely a test to see how light i could get it and it ended up being decently stable, i don't know how much updating i am going to do to it.

RLS2
    -car home and car home launcher removed
    -music player removed as their are tons of replacements in the market
    - now odex'd

New in odex'd RLS3
    -street.apk is now removed since maps is also gone
    - voicedialer is also gone seeing at the newest version of voice search on the market can voice dial also it seems pointless
    - lowered the volume on the camera shutter noise

RLS4
    - newer version of fresh froyo (thanks scooter)
    - Now using ADW standalone with a myn warm twopointtwo inspired look
    - Flutey phone ringtone now include by default
    - different wallpaper this time around
    - bright blue themed desk clock
    - more "sensible" notification drawer

RLS5
    -fixed facebook sync
    -fixed the graphical issue with the status bar highlights being green instead of blue
    -added the blue keyboard from my Galaxy S theme/port (delete key is a little small but the keyboard file size is overall smaller.
    -new boot animation that goes better with the theme

screenies
    CAP201010251404.jpg
    CAP2010102514041.jpg

CAP201010251405.jpg

CAP2010102514042.jpg

DOWNLOAD RLS1 DEODEX
    here is an odex'd version of the build, the music player is also removed seeing as there are a ton of free options for that on the market that do it better
    also this is untested as far as data and sms, it should work fine ( i did check to make sure there was not a call hang issue)
    ODEX DOWNLOAD RLS5
    this buid is based on Fresh Froyo, i think Fresh Froyo can survive more hours then donut.
    i will probablly update this when i get a chance i just have alot going on right now esp with the holidays and my hero themes