Will you "upgrade" to the 2016 Nexus Marlin?

Search This thread

rosco77

Dec 2, 2010
So the specs are being leaked all over the place if you haven't heard. The 2016 Nexus to come after the 6P is the Marlin, it will be made by HTC, will have a 5.5 inch quad HD display, no wireless charging, 4 GB of RAM, and possible the SnapDragon 821. Also is stated to have BOTTOM FIRING SPEAKER/S.

So will you upgrade or will you keep the 6P or will you go elsewhere for your 2016 phone?

I'm thinking I might stay on the 6P if the downgrade in screen size and the speakers is true.

rosco77

Dec 2, 2010
NO I am disaapointed in these specs. @ 5.5 Inch screen - the One Plus blows this out of water

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yea, I was thinking about the One Plus 3. MKBHD says he upgraded that to his daily driver so it must be pretty good. But I like having the newest software and I'm sure they won't get updates as fast as the Nexus and they won't get the Developers Previews and Betas. This is the first phone that I don't feel the need to root.

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
For enthusiasts - which we most likely are. Pls view the You Tube Launch of Mi Max - they show an analysis of screen sizes - 5.5 is the "most sold" device, but in larger devices 6.4 is the most sought after. IMHO Google has gone down to 5.5 in which is the wrong direction.

Now I hope you are all young, vile, and healthy in eyesight - personally I can stand to see a bigger device better - Currently my 6P is maxed out on both the font size and the screen size :) running beta for Nougat (dear God not even the name flows. call it Android N Beta)

znel52

Jun 3, 2010
Smart Watches
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I will probably but not immediately. Will wait on the price to drop on the larger nexus because the rumored specs don't blow me away. I hope the rumors are false about no front facing speakers. HTC has some of the best speakers in the game don't know why they would not want to include them.

pgptheoriginal

Mar 16, 2011
Stockholm
I really doubt it, my N5 and N6P are both working like a charm, I'm getting a Nexus only if one of the two I own dies, then hopefully I'll get a 2017 or 2018 model :D

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
Nah, still love the 6p, I think I'll skip this round. I'll still have another year of nexus protect left at that point anyway so if it dies I'll just get another.

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

percy5911

Jan 6, 2013
it would rather be senseless to upgrade a phone which is just 1 year old!!! its not lik we arent gonna get updates n all plus we would not get a resale we expect and wil have to put in another 15000 INR for the new one dosent make sense!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No reason for an upgrade, nexus 6p is an excellent machine.
    one great thing about the nexus 6p panel is that no matter how closely you stare at it, even if your nose is touching the screen.....you will never see one bit of touchwiz ever.
    No and for no other reason than my phones have a 2-year life cycle. Excited for Nexus 2017. :victory:
    Wow so many poors in this board. Or I could say too many kids complaining about the price. Get over it!

Coming from the guy that posted, "If I dont like it then I will just sell it and have 2 more years on my UDP at 29.99."

So not only do you not pay full price, you also scam a system that then forces others to eat up your usage with our fees, then you also said "Did someone piss in your cereal? Why not use GOOGLE to find out?? "

So you came in aggressive, provided no real answers or support, used the good ole "google it" answer and, yet, we're the "kids"...
    Now it makes sense how only 1 in 7 of your posts have been "Thanked"

On topic, no, the 6p is where Im staying until/unless oneplus and verizon start working well together.
    Wow so many poors in this board. Or I could say too many kids complaining about the price. Get over it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
    What an incredibly elitist comment to make ! :/ , So only rich people should be able to afford this phone ? As far as I know Google is not a "luxus" company like vertu and the likes

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk