[mods can close this thread]Lets make an ICS device configuration tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
lol well enjoy your movie....there still some things i have to change. also the prebuilt kernel is funky. i say we just include our own already working boot.img and just use it as a one of the product copy things. hopefully i can have tht done by tomorrow. as for now...i must start my homework before i pass out. i spent a good four hours on this today

Last edited:

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
Yeah... I have a final exam to study for in the morning, otherwise I might of stayed up all night playing with cm9.

Good luck with the homework!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Reactions: Emmanuel U
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    project done...lol sorta. cm9 device tree released.
    mods you may close and unpin if you feel neccesary
    Well i need proprietary-files because its the reference file on what extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh work with. Why would the sue me? I wont be focusing on any errors until all the required stuff is in (but thanks for the feedback).

I don't think that he was referring to "proprietary-files.txt". Its just the binary files that the extract-files.sh script extracts that should not be on github. That was my fault. I took them down as far as I can tell (i'm still learning to use git, I much prefer svn).

just add "proprietary/" to your .gitignore and remove the cached files from github. it will still be in your local source tree. I believe the command I used was either "git rm -r --cached proprietary/" or "git rm -r --cached proprietary". I don't remember which one it was and I can't test currently because I'm booted into windows 7 at the moment :/

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

do u think we have to set up a bounty or how are we going to convince him

He seems kind of busy, but asking nicely goes a long way. just not all everybody at once! haha
    Hey guys, great work! I was actually starting to look into it, too.

I started to try and just compile the pyramid tree (following this guide), but I ran into problems:
    Code:
     Error: bad barrier type -- `dmb st'

As far as I understand it means it's not using the correct binutils?!? I mean, I've been compiling Android hundreds of times, just never for ARM, only x86 ;) - so can anyone point me to a solution?

Stefan
    P.S.: Are you planning to compile the kernel as well? Because I saw that the pyramid kernel project has made some quite nice progress, with overclocking/undervolting during runtime and other nice features.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Actually its thanks to vorbeth for his progress on the opensensation tree. Mine is nothing more than a fork of his work with every instance of "Sensation" replaced with "myTouch_4g_slide" and every instance of "pyramid" replaced with "doubleshot". I wouldn't have expected it to compile.

The only additions i made were extracting the proprietary files from the doubleshot. There are many many days of code investigating ahead.

I think the proprietary files should not be in any public repo (danger of being sued by HTC or kicked out by Github). For the pyramid there's a shell script which pulls them of the original device via adb.

Stefan
    guys check my github as well as michael's for status updates. We made a lot of progress today
    Now open for beta testing...goto project home for more details