FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[APP][2.2+] [v.1.5+] Wakelock Detector- What keeps your phone awake when it sleeps?

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 683

By ahikmat, Senior Member on 7th March 2013, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2018, 09:31 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 2,016

Donate to Me
More
To used WLD with Magisk, you need to use the Terminal App Systemizer module to make it a system app.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yochananmarqos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yochananmarqos Ad-Free

11th February 2018, 11:28 PM |#1002  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,946

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

To used WLD with Magisk, you need to use the Terminal App Systemizer module to make it a system app.

Works perfectly fine without being a system app & Magisk 15.3 on LineageOS Based Oreo 8.1 🐧

Sent from my SM-G955W 🇨🇦
12th February 2018, 01:33 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 2,016

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Works perfectly fine without being a system app & Magisk 15.3 on LineageOS Based Oreo 8.1 🐧

That's odd. It always prompted me to install it as a system app with Magisk on stock Android on my Nexuses.

12th February 2018, 01:40 AM |#1004  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's odd. It always prompted me to install it as a system app on Magisk on stock Android on my Nexuses.

Yeah on all my devices with either SuperSU or Magisk WLD is not installed as a System App - And I've never been prompted to install it as a System App.. IDK why - But no issues 🐧

Sent from my SM-G955W 🇨🇦
12th February 2018, 12:14 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:

Wow, this actually worked! Thanks so much. Seems like systemizing with TB doesn't work correctly. Anyway, WLD ist up und running

Edit: nevermind. Rebooting broke it again. "Failed to perform this task at the moment, try again later". I'll be switching to BBS for now, WLD just doesn't seem ready for Oreo.
16th February 2018, 09:10 PM |#1006  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahikmat

Wakelock Detector 1.5.*

For another day I can not grant permissions to app through adb (without root) - I follow the manual from here: https://docs.google.com/presentation...g25a03f28e_026 and it returns to me with the following: Bad argument: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown package: com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot
usage

Updated: I managed to get permissions, it seems to me, that my adb was old (but still working for all my needs except the case with this app), changed to recommended Minimal ADB and Fastboot and the extention worked like a charm
1st March 2018, 12:03 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. Why not collect battery statistic my WLD in the CPU wakelock menu?
WLD CPU
21st March 2018, 05:10 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, my WLD readings seem to be messed up... Can anyone help, please?
OnePlus One
25th March 2018, 12:45 PM |#1009  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK

Donate to Me
More
Yeah unfortunately Wakelock Detector isn't performing consistently on Stock Unrooted Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Oreo 8.0 - It's temperamental as to when it provides a measurement - More often than not it returned "failed to perform this task at the moment" - It seems to be related to the a few things - The percentage of the Battery - How long since Full Charge - How long since Boot.
It's working perfectly on my Rooted devices - But quite unreliable when using adb commands - It's a shame because it's a pretty terrific app!
Maybe there's going to be some additional Development for Unrooted devices?
🐧
30th March 2018, 07:48 AM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx

For another day I can not grant permissions to app through adb (without root) - I follow the manual from here: (URL BLOCKED) and it returns to me with the following: Bad argument: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown package: com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot
usage

Updated: I managed to get permissions, it seems to me, that my adb was old (but still working for all my needs except the case with this app), changed to recommended Minimal ADB and Fastboot and the extention worked like a charm

What version of ADB Minimal did you install? I tried the latest 1.43, in addition to several older ones and I still get the same Unknown package error when I try running
adb shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

I'm stuck and could really use help to get this working on my unrooted Samsung S9.
19th April 2018, 11:12 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help
Could someone help please? I am doing everything correctly in order to make this app work without root access but I always get the error message:

Operation not allowed: java.lang.SecurityException: grantRuntimePermission: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS.

(screenshot attached)

Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
ROM: Stock 6.0.1 with MIUI

Edit: This is what solved it:

Turn on the following option:

USB debugging -Debug mode when USB is connected

Install via USB -Allow installing apps via USB

USB debugging (Security Settings)- Allow granting permissions and simulating input via USB debugging
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adb error.png
Views:	294
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	4481050  
The Following User Says Thank You to k_o_t_s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k_o_t_s Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)