299 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By lesdense, Senior Member on 15th April 2013, 04:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th April 2013, 05:10 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
FullScreen+ worked for me too but only if I am willing to hide Notification Bar as well as NavBar (as noted above). I am NOT willing to go without Notification Bar. Clock, signal strength, BT on/off, wifi on/off, messages, battery status -- this is ALL information I want constant assess to. So, for me, the search goes on.

And, by the way, why wouldn't there be something instructive in the comparable coding for Razr/Razr Maxx? I understand that those phones are not quite the same as the HDs but I assume that most of it is the same. The Razr/Razr Maxx have "hard" navigation buttons so they don't need soft NavBar buttons. Surely that difference shows up in the coding to people who can read such things. I, sadly, am not one of those people.
23rd October 2013, 04:10 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesdense

FullScreen+ worked for me too but only if I am willing to hide Notification Bar as well as NavBar (as noted above). I am NOT willing to go without Notification Bar. Clock, signal strength, BT on/off, wifi on/off, messages, battery status -- this is ALL information I want constant assess to. So, for me, the search goes on.

And, by the way, why wouldn't there be something instructive in the comparable coding for Razr/Razr Maxx? I understand that those phones are not quite the same as the HDs but I assume that most of it is the same. The Razr/Razr Maxx have "hard" navigation buttons so they don't need soft NavBar buttons. Surely that difference shows up in the coding to people who can read such things. I, sadly, am not one of those people.

its qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
10th December 2013, 02:43 AM |#23  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Has anyone ever solved this? I stumbled onto this thread and have a feeling that the problem isn't limited to any one device. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running 4.1.2 that is giving the same systemui crash after changing qemu.hw.mainkeys. The weird part is that it was previously working for me until I updated the xposed installer on my tab. After the update I can't activate the nav bar anymore even after wiping and reinstalling the factory rom. I thought it may be related to dpi settings but no luck so far. Here is relevant info:

-nova launcher pro
-rooted with supersu
-build.prop edited with build.prop editor by jrummy apps

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread just looking for a solution.
10th December 2013, 10:52 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Use xposed framework with gravity toolbox, there's an option in gravity under display for expanded desktop, select hide navbar option (or hide both), long press power button and select expanded desktop and no more navbar.
14th December 2013, 02:01 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
For the XT926, most of the latest ROMs (4.2.x and beyond, I believe) have a setting for "Expanded Desktop" (Settings/Interface). The options are Disabled (both Navigation Bar and Status Bar are visible), Status Bar Visible (only Navigation Bar is hidden) and Status Bar Hidden (both Navigation Bar and Status Bar are hidden). I flash a new ROM on my XT926 every couple of weeks and this method (I choose Status Bar Visible) has worked perfectly every time for me. It eliminates the Navigation Bar and it seamlessly resizes everything, wallpaper and every app I've tried, to fit the expanded space. If you're set on staying with a 4.1.2 ROM this won't help, and it may not work for a Galaxy Tab 3, but it solves the NavBar issue on a Razr HD in seconds.
25th January 2014, 12:08 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
I'm running in the same vicious circle now. Still looking for a fix. I'm running eclipse based on 4.1.2 and can't get the notification bar to stick while hiding the nav bar.

I'd like to stick to stock based ROM only because of HDMI/car dock USB audio functionality.

Tried xposed with gravity box, gmd app, udn app.... nothing to achieve no nav with notifications.

EDIT: ultimate dynamic navbar pro works!!! It also needs it's xposed module loaded. Notification bar visible, navbar hidden and tap trigger area to show navbar when needed.

(I Can't post screenshots thru tapatalk for some reason...?)
25th January 2014, 11:09 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390687766140.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	2539018

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390687781103.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	2539019
27th January 2014, 09:14 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Try this:

Download Total Commander. Go to settings and give it root access. Edit buildprop via TC...
9th January 2019, 04:29 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi . No relation with the launcher or whatsoever .

If you properly add the line to build.prop and is not working , check for another build.prop . sometimes located in
VENDOR/BUILD.PROP

or at

DATA/LOCAL/BUILD.PROP

If not that paths , search for another build.prop and you will find it.

BR
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)