FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,609 Vote(s)
64.00%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.55%
I don't know.

489 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2014, 05:06 PM |#10001  
Flag Luebeck
Thanks Meter: 1,062

Donate to Me
More
Flash stock via odin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieleopard

OK, I'll try finding yet ANOTHER ROM, like the 4th one.
But what do you mean by full stock firmware and download mode??
im a newbie to all this ROM stuff

That means with a tool for windows called "odin" you can install a full system as its released by samsung. A so called stock firmware. First try to install another custom rom, only if it fails we'll go back to stock using odin. And PLEASE this time pick a rom posted in XDA's section of s5830i and is proofed as working, will probably be a modden 2.3.x .Once you got back a running system we can try finding a 4.0+ rom, but i suppose that will not be that easy...
23rd March 2014, 05:10 PM |#10002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No custom rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

That means with a tool for windows called "odin" you can install a full system as its released by samsung. A so called stock firmware. First try to install another custom rom, only if it fails we'll go back to stock using odin. And PLEASE this time pick a rom posted in XDA's section of s5830i and is proofed as working, will probably be a modden 2.3.x .Once you got back a running system we can try finding a 4.0+ rom, but i suppose that will not be that easy...

all the custom roms in the xda section are only for the s5830!!!
:c rying:
23rd March 2014, 05:11 PM |#10003  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, very basic question, but I'm not too sure about it, will installing KitKat on my phone get rid of my root? On AT&T HTC One.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd March 2014, 05:12 PM |#10004  
Flag Luebeck
Thanks Meter: 1,062

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbeyoung

Hey guys, very basic question, but I'm not too sure about it, will installing KitKat on my phone get rid of my root? On AT&T HTC One.

custom kitkat?
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LS.xD Ad-Free
23rd March 2014, 06:40 PM |#10005  
Flag It's up to you :D
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

If it official rom, you should reroot it. If it custom rom, its already rooted

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
23rd March 2014, 07:21 PM |#10006  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Post Need help for fixing camera problem
hello... i need someone to help fix the camera problem of my lg optimus hub ( lg -e510) the problem is with the kernel 3.0...... Its the problem with cm9 and cm10... Would be very grateful if anybody helps me...
23rd March 2014, 07:24 PM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 2,409

More
Quote:

Not if its a custom kk and not stock..stock will remove root and need to be done again

Edit: I did NOT see all the others with answers first...sorry for the triple post...lol

.....If I had even a quarter from everyone I've helped....Maybe I could stay stocked in beer.....-sent from a very xposed nexus 7-
23rd March 2014, 07:58 PM |#10008  

More
cm11 all music apps don't work properly
Hi,first of all wanna thank every body involved in the making of CM11 its an awesome ROM

Now my problem: i'am running cm11 2014-01-18 unofficial nypon with the kernel that came with it (3.0.101 munjeni)
I flashed the ROM yesterday, from the beginning it gave me me a message "unfortunately, DSP has stopped"
I didn't think it was a very big deal until today.
I have a Xperia P & the only reason I bought it was cheap (at that time) and the quality of the music.
I am a daily music user so obviously the main functionality I need is the music app .
So today I made a awesome playlist ready to play it on Apollo (the DSP stopped working dialog box came up 5_10 min intervals) I play the music then I press the home button THE MUSIC BUGS OUT then the dsp message comes up again ,I OK it then the music skip tracks gets stuck.
That was Apollo. On play music player another story
I play it press the home button and in my notification drawer it says "music play back error"
I installed jetaudio to test if the problem was on all music playing apps and it was.
On jetaudio when I press home it cuts music plays cuts kinda like a very badly scratched CD playing music then it stops totally but I can see the pause ICOM on play just no sound and the time is same.
On all instances even when I switch apps this happens.
On one thread i read deleting DSP and disabling "com.bel.android.dsp.....blah blah blah". through TB fixed the issue but no.

Any help would be really appreciated thanx in advance
Pls be noon friendly (new to android ROMs)
PS. This happens on both speaker and headphones/earphones
PSS. My current kernel drains battery way to fast a power saving kernel would be much apriciated

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj

hello... i need someone to help fix the camera problem of my lg optimus hub ( lg -e510) the problem is with the kernel 3.0...... Its the problem with cm9 and cm10... Would be very grateful if anybody helps me...

Bro I would strongly suggest that you back up all your data and Apps through titanium back up excluding camera app and upgrade to later ROM or as an alternative you could download "camera zoom fx" on play store , its paid but worth it
23rd March 2014, 08:13 PM |#10009  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 155

More
@thilina247 post your issue here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ssues-t2573650

Its a thread for Xperia P CM11 bugs.
You are more likely to get help there...
The Following User Says Thank You to genecis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift genecis Ad-Free
23rd March 2014, 08:24 PM |#10010  

More
Anyone have an idea about the root-back to stock limbo? Seems like everyone else got a response but me D:
23rd March 2014, 10:48 PM |#10011  

More
Having an Issue Rooting My DROID RAZR MAXX (XT912)
Greetings!

I apologize if this is not where I should ask, but I am having an issue rooting my DROID RAZR MAXX (XT312). I was directed to this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467

Titled:
[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

And followed all instructions.
However, after pouring through the thread, making sure to flash the firmware (no data wipe), clear data from SmartActions, and disable my screen lock, I still keep getting the issue(s) seen the attached screenshot. My phone is subsequently not rooted. I would appreciate any and all help. As I am new, I cannot post directly to the thread. For the record, I'm running the following on my phone:

System 98.752.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Android 4.1.2

SmartActions 4.2.2.4.2

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my PC, and did make sure to install the 64-bit drivers.

Thank you for your time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Droid Razr Maxx Root.png
Views:	46
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	2646245  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)