Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
B

Bruce Wayne

Hi I recently try to root my RAZR xt912 and I think is just half rooted I have the super app but it says that needs us update went I try to do it the permission is unsuccessful any help please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

Can you confirm its rooted by checking the superuser acces is granted or not?
Just download an app called terminal emulator from play store and after opening type su and press enter. If the superuser popup comes up asking to grant permissions or not, you are rooted and just need to disable updates from superuser app's settings. If not then please try again.
A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD

Arafeh94

Apr 29, 2013
Tripoli
rooting status:
bootloader unlock allowed: Yes
but is that mean that it's unlocked or not
I want to root jelly bean using ota rootkeper
if it's unlocked I lose my phone what can I do

cs098

Nov 6, 2012
Somewhere...

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai
rooting status:
bootloader unlock allowed: Yes
but is that mean that it's unlocked or not
I want to root jelly bean using ota rootkeper
if it's unlocked I lose my phone what can I do

You cannot update via OTA using PC COMP OR SUS once you've unlocked bootloader using the OFFICIAL method
So if you want stock JB, you should unlock unofficially or wait before unlocking your bootloader
Normally people unlock bootloaders to try out custom kernels which can't be flashed without unlocking the bootloader

@Bruce Wayne Thanks for your compliment. I'm humbled :) cheers :cowboy:

Reactions: SUPERGITSU

7he8ob

Jan 20, 2011
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Sorry mate, couldn't get any info on that. Also there seems less no of users having impulse 4g on xda. I could only find 5 threads, nowhere issue is solved. You can try on networkunlocker but they may charge you for that. :(

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD

Thank you for checking for me! I will see what I figure out. Have a good day!

cs098

Nov 6, 2012
Somewhere...
what's drm ????
sorry but Im still new to android softwares I will be thankful for you're help

it means digital rights management ,it is something that some companies do in order to limit the use of thier products in this case sony's extra software like bravia engine or their music store. Nothing specifically to do with Android, but I just wanted to remind you that you will lose some sony features if you unlock the bootloader.

.man

Apr 29, 2013
CPU governor questions

how does one tell if a governor was part of the ROM?

i'm using DanteRom and one post from the dev seems to indicate that not governor was added to the ROM, but how does one know for sure?

i'm also wondering why a governor may be useful? i assume the linux/android devs were bright enough to not run the CPU at 100% all the time, so why why would a 3rd party gov be necessary?

lastly, WHERE does one download these things? i'm interested mostly in the SmartassV2 gov, but i can't find a proper link (i did find install instructions)

so i'm running Dante on an Optimus S and if anyone has suggestions pertaining to a governor, i'd appreciate it :)

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Hi. My girlfriend has a vodafone android (gingerbread) mobile. It is having problems opening the messages prog that came stock with it. Sometimes it opens fine and sometimes it opens, keeps refreshing and closes back to home screen. Also when it opens fine I cannot delete the threads in it. How can I fix this problem? Do I have to do factory reset and if yes how can I do this with this phone?

Thanks
Try going into 'Settings > Manage Apps > All Apps > Messaging app'. Then click on 'Clear Cache'.

For more help, please tell us which device u have. U can find the device name (and code) usually behind the battery or while starting up. Also check in 'Settings > About Phone'. Post what you find here. :)

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

squall_0806

May 1, 2013
[HELP] I8160 Laggy after updating to xxmc8 and rooting

Certified noob here..
I have a SGA2 here in RP, recently updated to XXMC8 and then rooted after a couple of days following advices from excellent members here in XDA.
Later on, I found my phone laggy and cannot run on games like TR2 well.
Just have a few questions to ask. Please take it easy on me, a newbie needing help guys..

1. After updating from GB to JB, my unit decreased her RAM size to 482.
a. Why is that so?
b. Can I change it back to size?
c. If not, how can I speed up my phone again?

I have removed quite a few bloatwares, frozen a couple of apps and do task killing frequently but still my phone performed slower. What do I do now?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Top Liked Posts