[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 - Mi4 [cancro]

Search This thread

linuxxxx

Sep 22, 2013
250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
  • are running a custom kernel
  • have flashed mods
  • modified system files
  • didn't follow our instructions word by word
  • are unfriendly

WIKI
Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/cancro_Info

INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 13.0 to your Xiaomi Mi4:
  • Read the official Wiki page
  • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
  • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
  • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 13.0 zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Perform factory reset
  • Flash the CM 13.0 zip from SD card
  • Flash GApps from SD card
  • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod:
  • Push the new CM 13.0 zip to your SD card
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash the most recent GApps for Marshmallow if you are upgrading from 12.1

DOWNLOADS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS
Report bugs for nightly builds at https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds. If you want something stable, choose the Snapshot branch. Before reporting any bug, make sure it has not been reported by someone else.

Current status:
  • Builds: nightlies, snapshots
  • Lastest Snapshot: ZNH0EAO2NJ
  • Will get next Snapshot: Yes
  • Known issues: none
  • Security (kernel): all CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) are fixed

FAQ
  • I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
  • Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
  • Does this rom work with Mi4 LTE?
  • This rom does not support the LTE variant of mi4, however you can flash it, but expect no support and more bugs compared to those who have the same rom on non-lte mi4. If you flash this rom on your Mi4, DO NOT report any issue you encounter
  • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
  • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
  • Are these gapps <insert random gapps package here> working with cm13?
  • Use the suggested package
  • Why no nightly today?
  • There was a compilation issue
  • When do I have to wipe data?
  • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel. This applies to 12.1 -> 13.0 too
  • Why no <insert miui feature here>?
  • Because this is CyanogenMod
  • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
  • I won't. If you want that, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 - Mi4 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 4

Contributors
linuxxxx
Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-22
Last Updated 2016-05-30

grafipl

Jul 8, 2012
Stryków
i have cm13 now and recovery cm-13.0-20151225-NIGHTLY-cancro-recovery and cant install gapps.. open_gapps-arm-6.0-micro-20151212 . i use apple update emulator and i choice file and i hae error..

Ok. I installed CWM_recovery_r11_u1_cancro and changed partition size. Next TWRP-v2.8.7.0-cancro-20150621 and install cm and gapps and now work good :D

-Fc in sounds settings-> another sounds-> uncheck option and go back then fc
-Dont work mobile internet! Auto, manual, 3g 2g..
Work if enable in do development option still have mobile internet on
-Dont work mms

Last edited:

Nabbolo

Feb 18, 2011
Does "NO Mi4 LTE SUPPORT!" mean that this ROM doesn't work at all (brick) or that if I have Mi4 LTE specific bugs I cannot complain here? :)

If it won't work, can you suggest a ROM similar to CM as openess and features? Thank you.

Reactions: GreR and morrisssss

sahakaushik

Dec 26, 2015
Siliguri
Sensors not working

I checked with sensor box the temperature and gyroscope isnt working and also the mac address did change every time i flash CM 12.1 and now CM 13 official both of them had this bugs any way to fix them?

HidekiRyuga

Apr 12, 2014
Shibuya
To all Mi4 Lte-Cu user like me you will expect more bugs ok because the dev does not support our device atm.. This rom is best used for Mi3w/Mi4w

Reactions: iHypnos

grafipl

Jul 8, 2012
Stryków
Battery charge dont work good.... Too slowly charging!! On miui i can play GC and battery charging up, but on cm when i play gc battery only down lvl... I must leave this rom

CosmoDroid

Jan 14, 2012
Now that MiUI based on 6.0 is out, shouldn't the blobs from that rom fix some of the driver issues? Or do we have to wait till Xiaomi updates cancro's sources to MM branch?
Anyway kudos to you @linuxxxx for cooking an almost perfect LP/MM rom out of KK sources.

hamedpc007

Aug 14, 2009
i have charging problem . it takes up to 4 hours to complete charging :( if this problem resolved i have no problem using this GREAT rom :eek: i think power usage of android os is above normal compared to CM12.1
is there any kernel to flash on CM13 ? flashing another kernel may fix these broblems

CosmoDroid

Jan 14, 2012
i have charging problem . it takes up to 4 hours to complete charging :( if this problem resolved i have no problem using this GREAT rom :eek: i think power usage of android os is above normal compared to CM12.1
is there any kernel to flash on CM13 ? flashing another kernel may fix these broblems

It generally takes a while to completely implement QC Quickcharge in source built roms. Wait for a few days. Hopefully all these minor bugs will get squashed in the coming month or so. New proprietary MM blobs have already been added according to the commits. Therefore almost stable builds should start flowing in any time now.

Reactions: hamedpc007

prateek.maac

Jul 2, 2008
mumbai
Google Pixel 4a
Bugs with the latest update

Dear team ,

A major bug is effecting the usage of the rom as a daily driver . in the cellular network section where we select preferred network type it is stuck to LTE and unable to change it to 3g . Since the handset Mi4w does not support LTE band and hence the internet is stuck at 2g network only resulting in network issues .

Another bug is that cynogenmod team needs to split the mi3w and mi4w packages separately . reason in the latest update if you notice in the bluetooth section i am seeing mi3w where as i am using a mi4w .

kindly make the necessary changes mainly in the network section please

Dilshad969

Jul 29, 2012
Jamshedpur
I am using this Rom since a week; and definitely it can be used as a daily rom the only issue that's bothering is the slow charging.

Krishna Eyunni

Jan 20, 2015
I am using this Rom since a week; and definitely it can be used as a daily rom the only issue that's bothering is the slow charging.

i'm kinda new to this device i just want to know the status of this rom. Did you tried it charging offline ? and is cm 12.1 snapshot build also has this problem ? please let me know so that i can flash a stable rom :confused:

satvikvg

Aug 11, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
All Sensors Disappeared after flashing CM 13 19-01-2016 BUILD

Every time when i flash CM 13, CPU-X show that there are no sensors available in my MI 4,

EDIT: I was able to fix this problem by following this Guide --> Solve-sensors-problems-xiaomi-mi-4

But now GYROSCOPE is not working, please suggest me any workaround for this problem.
:rolleyes: :(

ambuj226287

Jan 26, 2016
gapss are not working

First of all thanks for this great ROM. When I tried to flash open gapps 6.0 it said unable to mount system partition .

Reactions: fixwill

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    250px-CyanogenMod_logo.svg.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS
    We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our instructions word by word
    • are unfriendly

WIKI
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/cancro_Info

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 13.0 to your Xiaomi Mi4:
    • Read the official Wiki page
    • Unlock your bootloader if you haven't done so already
    • Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
    • Push GApps (arm) and the CM 13.0 zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Perform factory reset
    • Flash GApps from SD card
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod:
    • Push the new CM 13.0 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the most recent GApps for Marshmallow if you are upgrading from 12.1

DOWNLOADS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS
    Report bugs for nightly builds at https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/NIGHTLIES. Please keep in mind that bugs are expected on these builds. If you want something stable, choose the Snapshot branch. Before reporting any bug, make sure it has not been reported by someone else.

Current status:
    • Builds: nightlies, snapshots
    • Lastest Snapshot: ZNH0EAO2NJ
    • Will get next Snapshot: Yes
    • Known issues: none
    • Security (kernel): all CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures) are fixed

FAQ
    • I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
    • Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
    • Does this rom work with Mi4 LTE?
    • This rom does not support the LTE variant of mi4, however you can flash it, but expect no support and more bugs compared to those who have the same rom on non-lte mi4. If you flash this rom on your Mi4, DO NOT report any issue you encounter
    • ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
    • First of all do not flash any supersu/superuser/superman zip package to get root. Go to Settings>Developement Settings>Root access and select "Apps Only"
    • Are these gapps <insert random gapps package here> working with cm13?
    • Use the suggested package
    • Why no nightly today?
    • There was a compilation issue
    • When do I have to wipe data?
    • You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channel. This applies to 12.1 -> 13.0 too
    • Why no <insert miui feature here>?
    • Because this is CyanogenMod
    • Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
    • I won't. If you want that, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 - Mi4 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 4

Contributors
    linuxxxx
    Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-12-22
    Last Updated 2016-05-30
    Great to see we have it now. Hats off to the dev once again
    Hi,

is there a DT2W function in this ROM. I can't find it anywhere

Use ZeurionX kernel to enable this funtion.
    Visit http://xdaforums.com/xiaomi-mi-3/development/kernel-stuxnet-reborn-t3218354 for more info
    Does "NO Mi4 LTE SUPPORT!" mean that this ROM doesn't work at all (brick) or that if I have Mi4 LTE specific bugs I cannot complain here? :)

If it won't work, can you suggest a ROM similar to CM as openess and features? Thank you.
    No, CM is not available for LTE version.

I have this rom on mi4 LTE and it works well

With LTE label on band sign.
    Speed test reports 24,5,Mbps down and 13,7 Mbps up

With 3G only sim I get 16 Mbps down and 7,5 up

PS: using MMB29U from March 3