Galaxy S. India

Search This thread

fulcrum1971

Oct 23, 2010
CCB
This is for all guys in India. Please post your views, reviews, experiences and suggestions on this thread. Thanx.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Virtualsk

Aug 31, 2010
Pune
By the End of November for sure....For now i am using JP6 Froyo...But need Public release now... :p

Prasad

Sep 17, 2010
pkamat.com
All's good... Except battery life. :-( and growing tired of waiting for official froyo! Even worse is knowing I have to deal with crappy kies when it does come out instead of getting it OTA like how the other brands are providing the update...

fulcrum1971

Oct 23, 2010
CCB
Kies update on air. Should be getting froyo soon. Froyo roll out in Europe has started. Pl post any further news.

Jayanth.M.P

Oct 8, 2010
Hi,

battery life is not good at all.... 1 day max usage.... :(
other than that.....phone is pretty good. there is some lag in it ......hope froyo will fix it.

Update Kies. NO froyo on kies as of now.

spankyu

Sep 10, 2010
the froyo update is out in the uk only.. as of last night officially through kies.. no sign of it here .. guess it should be out by the end or mid-way November:D

rachitboom2

Oct 15, 2010
Well i am currently on JPO via odin (obviously not via kies), with lag fix, and i must say this is the fastest and the smoothest rom i have used on i9000 yet !

I just hope whatever rom that is released for india is as good as JPO cuzz i dont want to be on some other regions firmware.

And by the way all my friends who have iPhones are really :eek: when they see my i9000... So m pretty happy with his awesome cell.

Hope froyo is released soon in india.
Cheers.

Nileshdd

Aug 30, 2010
Foster City, CA
Query about battery

Hi,

Anybody seen this?

1) Put the phone on charging at night. I try to avoid doing that but had to do it this one time.
2) The phone shows charged 100% in the morning, with the notification to unplug the charger.
3) I start using the phone and within 3 hrs it goes to 0 and conks off.
4) I put it again on charging and within 5 min, it shows 40% charged!

Nilesh

P.S Any news on Froyo in India?

lasitha85

Jul 13, 2010
Colombo
Hi,

Anybody seen this?

1) Put the phone on charging at night. I try to avoid doing that but had to do it this one time.
2) The phone shows charged 100% in the morning, with the notification to unplug the charger.
3) I start using the phone and within 3 hrs it goes to 0 and conks off.
4) I put it again on charging and within 5 min, it shows 40% charged!

Nilesh

P.S Any news on Froyo in India?

yes it happens to me sometime... but not all the time

Jayanth.M.P

Oct 8, 2010
No such issues on my phone.Battery does not last very long.....so planning to order some spare HK ones. Lets see how it goes.

fulcrum1971

Oct 23, 2010
CCB
No such issues on my phone.Battery does not last very long.....so planning to order some spare HK ones. Lets see how it goes.

Pl do let me know where to get these batteries from. Will surely need them once 3g rolls out. Anyways was hoping that Froyo would be my Diwali gift from Samsung.......... Anyways Happy Diwali to all.

lasitha85

Jul 13, 2010
Colombo
Samfirmware just tweeted that ASIA will be getting the update next week...

Lets hope for the best....

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA App

fulcrum1971

Oct 23, 2010
CCB
The screen is too small. And isn't that vibrant. Though it runs quite smoothly, easy to root and a lot of roms roaming around. If I were u I would wait for Froyo on galaxy s or wait for desire hd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys...

Just checking....

Lets say if Ritzy relase his roms next veraion (GB based as we all know he dont like ICS and JB).

How many of us will use it? believe me his rom is greate if we are using in India as i have used it in past.

Please respond... It will encourage a good developer to start releasing his work again....

Thanks...

It's not that I don't like ICS or JB, ofcourse I'd love to have all those improvements and extra features too, but not at the cost of what I'll have to give up. But if there is sufficient demand, I'd be glad to work on ICS and JB too in future.
    Hello sir,,my phone is working good with your rom,i.e,ritzy's rom...just one question..can i flash semaphoreICS on my phone instead of semaphore 2.7.4?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
    My rom is 2.3.5 (It was long time back when i made that and haven't been working on rom development for some time). Semaphore2.7.4 is for 2.3.6 and won't work with my rom. you'll need an older version of semaphore (maybe 2.5.x) check for compatibility with JVT as my rom is based on JVT. But the rom is pre rooted etc so you dont really need to flash any kernel on top. Also, semaphoreICS is only for ICS (4.0) roms and wont work on any GB or JB roms so dont flash that. If anymore doubts, pls feel free to ask.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I am repeating my issue here........ I have slimbean 3 on my i9000 but have connection issues in roaming, how to get a good rom considering the roaming issues?
    You dont need to change entire rom for network issues, just flash a suitable modem and that will solve the issue. These two posts might help you-
    1. To know which modem is best, this thread by erpurohit- Here.
    2. To download the required modem- This thread by me. (Right now, only India specific modems are available, but the thread will be updated soon).

Now, as you are on slimbean, cwm method may or may not work for you, depending on the file structure. So use the odin file. Put it in 'Modem' and not 'PDA'. Any further queries, feel free to ask.
    Please suggest best modem, default ddjv6 is having terrible reception.

lol i suggested earlier also ddjv4 is not a good modem. currently the best one imo is zwjv4
    I want to root my phone so that i can use apps like proxydroid for the internet, I have looked into almost every search result of google and xda bt have come out empty handed. I even flashed a CF-Root-XW_XEE_JVB-v3.1-CWM3RFS.zip but my phone got stuck in boot screen (showing samsung and the S). although i was able to turn it on using the recovery mode and wiping everthing and doing reset. Please if you can show me a way to root my phone, or provide me a link to the kernel which works with my phone for rooting.

Hi you rooted with the wrong kernel. Use CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS.zip. It will work.You can also use semaphore kernel.

Thanks.
    Films!!!

Film Buffs you can now watch movies on line thru "My Movies" - an App in Samsung Apps. You will require 3g for seamless download!!!

Music Videos and Trailers ca also be seen!!!:D