(GUIDE)How to get ROOT,WIFI+BT, CWM Recovery, Face unclock + Gapps for ICS BETA

Search This thread

Mazzstrikers

Oct 16, 2011
Thanks for the fixes! Got my WiFi, root and gapps no prob! :D However, Doom's on screen buttons resulted in a bootloop for me. Anyone got on screen buttons working in beta?

LIONS1

Dec 24, 2011
Tartous
Hey Guys, Just thought I would put together everything in one thread for everyone so you guys can get everything available for ICS beta atm, Most of this is thanks to DoomLord! :D

Firstly, To have CWM Recovery, Hotboot any kernel. I will explain :)
1. Download a kernel e.g Doomkernel v19 and hotboot via fast boot
Type in Fastboot boot boot.img
Then boot while repeatly pressing back button/volume rockets to enter recovery.
This will not flash this kernel only boot it so nothing else required :)
2. Then get into recovery by pressing volume rockers and flash whatever you need, after this reboot your device and thats it:D
Well it does require you to have PC access everytime you want recovery but it will have to do for now

OR for easier way simply install this CWM installer made by pvyparts which works fine with ics beta rom and don't need PC for it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437840
Fyi it could cause issues as this CWM isn't made for this but it's working flawlessly for me.

To Get faceunclock and google apps such as market, gmail:
1. Go to FXP Cm9 thread and download their latest gapps and flash via recovery( use method above for recovery)

To get ROOT access:
1.Flash the superuser fix via recovery ( access recovery via method above)
2. Go to the market and download busybox by Stephen Sterricson and then select any version of busybox and install it. NOW YOU HAVE ROOT :)

Thanks to Binary, We have WIFI And Bluetooth now too. Go into build.prop via Root explorer, OI file manager (free) or other file explorers:
add these lines into system/build.prop
persist.wifienabled=1
persist.btenabled=1

OR flash the package by Doomlord via recovery ( use method above). Much easier :D

Now we have everything that is needed :D Thanks to Binary and Doomlord once more.

thank you, but i can't find face unlock option how to enable it how & where?

txcforever

Aug 27, 2009
I've successfully installed ICS on my Xperia Play. The wifi bt enabler caused me a bit of trouble but it seems that this was caused from a corrupted downloaded zip file.

Last edited:

Celluciano

Sep 28, 2010
i can't get data working with gsm etc. fix. Everything else such as BT or wifi works (xplay gsm)

mynameisnafe

Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys, once you install from zip in cwm you can delete the zip off the SD Card, right?

Sent from my LT18i using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, Just thought I would put together everything in one thread for everyone so you guys can get everything available for ICS beta atm, Most of this is thanks to DoomLord! :D

Firstly, To have CWM Recovery, Hotboot any kernel. I will explain :)

1. Download a kernel e.g Doomkernel v19 and hotboot via fast boot
    Type in Fastboot boot boot.img
    Then boot while repeatly pressing back button/volume rockets to enter recovery.
    This will not flash this kernel only boot it so nothing else required :)
    2. Then get into recovery by pressing volume rockers and flash whatever you need, after this reboot your device and thats it:D
    Well it does require you to have PC access everytime you want recovery but it will have to do for now

OR for easier way simply install this CWM installer made by pvyparts which works fine with ics beta rom and don't need PC for it.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437840
    It could cause issues as this CWM isn't made for this but no issues have been reported as of now.

To Get faceunclock and google apps such as market, gmail:

1. Go to FXP Cm9 thread and download their latest gapps and flash via recovery( use method above for recovery)

To get ROOT access:

1.Flash the superuser fix via recovery ( access recovery via method above)
    2. Go to the market and download busybox by Stephen Sterricson and then select any version of busybox and install it. NOW YOU HAVE ROOT :)

Thanks to Binary, We have WIFI And Bluetooth now too. Go into build.prop via Root explorer, OI file manager (free) or other file explorers:
    add these lines into system/build.prop
    persist.wifienabled=1
    persist.btenabled=1

OR flash the package by Doomlord via recovery ( use method above). Much easier :D

Now we have everything that is needed :D Thanks to Binary and Doomlord once more.
    Better flash a package to enabled wifi and bt.
    In just 30 mins i got too much pn's about how to edit the file oO ....

Regards
    How to flash the SE Beta ROM? Urm its linked in the SE thread, heres how to do it though. Its all flashed via fastboot btw. Extract the package to fast boot folder and copy and paste userdata.img, system.img and boot.img to fastboot folder. Then open command prompt and:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Dude, you are supposed to flash via fastboot, not flash tool even if it does work. Try that and i bet itll all be fine.
    Anyone has workaround already for permanent CWM?

You can try to use kernel I prepared for 0%-battery phones: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22905606&postcount=903

Includes CWM5 (by FXP).

Cheers,
    z