Operation Jetstream to a developer

Search This thread

jlhuertas

May 22, 2013
Hi guys,

I've read a ROM is under development. I just wanted to offer my help if you need it. I'm a software engineer, I have an HTC Jetstream with HTC Scribe and quite a lot of experience developing Android applications (unfortunately not developing custom ROMs, but I learn quickly).

Let me know if you think I can help somehow.

Greetings,

Jose Luis

AHpower

Jul 19, 2012
Münzbach
Android JB update news?

Any news about Android 4.x, since the last update is nearly 2 months ago?
When it boots why you haven't released anything yet, maybe there is someone out there who can help?

I don't see any activity in #aosp-jetstream anymore (and I'm *always* in that channel) and so how are you being updated on status? Is the LTE radio hang something that can be worked around by not using that radio? This would be useful for people like me who use wifi exclusively. If an interim release could be made, sans LTE support, then that would allow some ROM developers to get going.

Reactions: mamalypro

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
show develops a kernel and a rom.. . since show isn't online anymore at the irc place, I'm harassing him on a weekly basis thru this forum.
he is very close to finishing his work, but something else got in the way (some sort of a family thing, shouldn't take too long, i guess).
i don't know him all that well - but i find it hard to believe he'll release anything unfinished. it doesn't matter if its lte or something else...we'll need to stay strong a bit further.

show develops a kernel and a rom.. . since show isn't online anymore at the irc place, I'm harassing him on a weekly basis thru this forum.
he is very close to finishing his work, but something else got in the way (some sort of a family thing, shouldn't take too long, i guess).
i don't know him all that well - but i find it hard to believe he'll release anything unfinished. it doesn't matter if its lte or something else...we'll need to stay strong a bit further.

I appreciate your optimism and hope you're right. It would be unfortunate if the LTE radio were the singular defect that held us back when wifi would suffice for many in the interim.

Reactions: cx5

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
he's trying to update his work to 4.3. i don't think its going to work. he's having alot of issues with the radio, so i asked again for a wifi only version of any 4.x.y he can get us that's worth something. that was about a week ago. i can't really tell if we'll ever get anything. show-p is a true perfectionist and won't let anything go unless its perfect.
maybe if someone else will ask him (or more than one) it'll change something.

mamalypro

Jul 9, 2013
a wifi-only ver. will be good
ask him work a wifi ver. we need just an android 4 nothing more :) anything !!!
just an android 4.x.x !!!!!!!!

walletmax

May 14, 2013
Unrelated question. Are there any microphone controls in this piece? It seems that the when we do a voice chat the voice is not picked up. Any help is appreciated

I talked to show-p1984 in #aosp-jetstream this evening and try as he might, knowing all he does, this machine resists him still. If you're waiting on him to deliver a JB or newer build for this tablet then I'd recommend moving on. It pains me to say it, given the money I put toward development, but it's time to move on to something current. I'll probably keep mine, but I have no delusions now about ever having more than Honeycomb on it. It's a real shame, too, because the camera is amazing.

I'll bid you all farewell and wish you luck in your endeavors.

Mike

P.S. - If your so inclined, please bother HTC and AT&T on Twitter about this. I have, to no avail, thus far but would enjoy some company. :)

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
well...i think he'll get it one day. there's no point in selling it now, so i'll wait.
thanks for everything man.

Last edited:
Reactions: mamalypro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any chance @Zarboz or @jmz could pick up where @show-p1984 left off?

I haven't given up Oo
    I'm still working on it, though pushing out something that bricks your device to the point of jtag isn't really an option is it? (This happens with an absolute certainty sooner or later)
    Reason: unknown. (I have a hunch)
    Fixable: unknown.
    ETA: unknown.
    its days away (weeks at most)..everything seems to work except the LTE radio that still causes some minor issues.
    alpha tests will begin soon (hopefuly).
    showp got the jetstream booting JB without animation so far.
    its getting there...
    Hi guys,

I've read a ROM is under development. I just wanted to offer my help if you need it. I'm a software engineer, I have an HTC Jetstream with HTC Scribe and quite a lot of experience developing Android applications (unfortunately not developing custom ROMs, but I learn quickly).

Let me know if you think I can help somehow.

Greetings,

Jose Luis