Power Off - Turn Off Anything In The Room

Search This thread

zrgiu

Jan 24, 2011
Hi guys!

We released our first app for the Gear 2, Power OFF, which is basically TV-B-Gone on steroids. Best of all, it's 100% free, no ads, no internet/phone connection required, no weird permissions or facebook logins.

** POWER OFF ** is the ultimate tool for your Samsung Gear 2 to take final control of any IR-controlled appliance. It performs one function - the last action you'll ever need: turning off anything.

POWER OFF works with 99% of the most popular devices on the market:

- TVs
- Set Top Boxes
- Air Conditioners and Heaters
- Audio/Video Systems, DVD Players, BluRay players
- Gaming systems and Media Managers
- Projectors
- ... and many others

Were you ever at a bar where the TV was too loud? Or maybe in bed, with the remote nowhere in sight? All you need is the **free** POWER OFF app for your Samsung smart watch, and you can turn them off.
How about showing off your watch to your friends? Simply turn off all their home equipment at once with the mighty power of your watch!

If you've ever heard of [TV-B-Gone], think of POWER OFF for your Gear 2 as a version of that, **on steroids**. This **isn't limited to just TVs**, but works with any other device too!

[TV-B-Gone]:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV-B-Gone

Feel free to let me know of any issues, feature requests, etc!

Hielko

Feb 27, 2012
Nice toy! Thanks.

For home use, I would like to learn the app the required codes, because for daily use it takes too much time to turn off my devices.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

DataAndroid

Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for this app! I like using it. It finds my tv quickly to turn off. And also turns my tv on. Another great app to add to my Gear 2.

A nice feature to add is car radios.

Last edited:

Hielko

Feb 27, 2012
If only it were that easy. The Gear 2 doesn't have the hardware required to learn commands.

I don't mean learning by a receiving ir sensor, but by indicating in your app which ir code works for my device. Each ir code send action has a number. Or after a successful turn off, directly confirm this in the app, and next time start with the confirmed codes.

zrgiu

Jan 24, 2011
Ah, I see! How about, if you manually STOP the codes sending at position 100, next time it would start from code 90 ? (N - 10)

rEVOLVE

Nov 16, 2006
HI I really hope you go forward with doing a full-featured remote replacement for Watch-On. Samsung's Gear version of WatchOn really is useless for me since I need something that will support my Onkyo home theater receiver for the volume in my home entertainment system.

In fact I use your Android app on my Note 3 instead of their phone version as well (I was the guy who sent you an email inquiring about possibly porting your android app to the Tizen Gears and someone responded that you actually were the same devs who created this Power Off app).

The IR blaster is one of the reasons I may stick with the Gear even once Android Wear starts showing up - but if I can't control my home theater system, there's no reason for me to stick with it.

Hielko

Feb 27, 2012
Ah, I see! How about, if you manually STOP the codes sending at position 100, next time it would start from code 90 ? (N - 10)

Thanks for replying! Your suggestion would be great for one device, but with more than one device it won't work. So the app would need an extension to record multiple code numbers.

gav83collins

Hi guys!

We released our first app for the Gear 2, Power OFF, which is basically TV-B-Gone on steroids. Best of all, it's 100% free, no ads, no internet/phone connection required, no weird permissions or facebook logins.

** POWER OFF ** is the ultimate tool for your Samsung Gear 2 to take final control of any IR-controlled appliance. It performs one function - the last action you'll ever need: turning off anything.

- TVs
- Set Top Boxes
- Projectors
- ... and many others

Were you ever at a bar where the TV was too loud? Or maybe in bed, with the remote nowhere in sight? All you need is the **free** POWER OFF app for your Samsung smart watch, and you can turn them off.
How about showing off your watch to your friends? Simply turn off all their home equipment at once with the mighty power of your watch!

If you've ever heard of [TV-B-Gone], think of POWER OFF for your Gear 2 as a version of that, **on steroids**. This **isn't limited to just TVs**, but works with any other device too!

Wicked. My gear app wishlist. Is almost complete.

zrgiu

Jan 24, 2011
I don't want any public link to the .wgt, but anyone who wants it feel free to send me a private message and I'll share it happily there.
The reason is that it would only be a matter of time until someone takes it, adds some kind of virus and spreads it. I know it's not hard to extract a .wgt, but I'd like to make everything harder for the 'bad guys'.
@baudac: I sent you the .wgt link on PM

Reactions: baudac and slaydog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

- TVs
    - Set Top Boxes
    - Projectors
    - ... and many others

I don't want any public link to the .wgt, but anyone who wants it feel free to send me a private message and I'll share it happily there.
    The reason is that it would only be a matter of time until someone takes it, adds some kind of virus and spreads it. I know it's not hard to extract a .wgt, but I'd like to make everything harder for the 'bad guys'.
    @baudac: I sent you the .wgt link on PM
    A nice feature to add is car radios.

For those you should try the A/V System category. We support a lot of them :)
    I thought market enabler would only work for the google play store. Additionally, using a market enabler isn't a solution; it's just a workaround. Market enablers only work on rooted phones. What about people who don't have rooted phones (e.g. Note 4's)?
    Doesn't make much sense to spend time developing an app, that is only available to half the users.
    I have a note 4. And in all fairness who on xda doesnt have a rooted device ???? A very small percentage. A work around is better than nothing in my oppinion