Here is third version of my ROM Tools PC Version (Automatic decompile classes.dex file to edit smali content) exclusively for Galaxy Y and Galaxy Ace I
Totally tested for every feature and bug free, it is now loaded with new awesome features.
Version 3 8 May 2013 -Added many new features -Option to reboot -Option to recovery -Option to Hot Reboot -Option to view and save logcat with nice integration of verbose and long command -Option to fix permissions -Option to RESET PASSWORD of pattern lock or passwork or pin -Added a small Easter egg Version 2 18 April 2013 - Changed it from a script to multi tool - Added folders for convenience - Made eye candy - Made it noob proof - It's like changing Baichung Bhutiya to Lionel Messi Version 1 - Just one smali.bat file and one baksmali.bat file with one one line each of commands to Baksmaling and Smaling (duh!)
As you are aware, there are smali files in jar files and apks you need to edit for adding 4-way boot into power menu, extending Power options, changing clock colour, adding CRT effect, changing the pop up that comes up when you touch the easter egg image, adding brightness slidebar, adding lidroid toggles, etc and so manyyyy things
In order to edit them, you need to decompile apk and classes.dex
It is not a problem in editing smali files of apk as they are decompiled itself by APK-Multitool(I use it)
But, it does not work for jar files
I know that there is smali.jar and baksmali.jar for it but I don't like repeatedly commading same operations when I can do it with one click
This program decompiles and recompiles classes.dex from any jar or apk in one click(very useful when you only need to decompile dex file only)
However, it's main objective is to recompile and decompile classes.dex only, but I added few more option to make it really a full fledged ROM Tool
Expect a few more features in upcoming releases
*Java JDK(or JRE) (If you are running Windows 7 64 bit, you may need to add Java in environment variable)
*7-Zip (For in zip operations[pull out classes.dex])
*classes.dex file(on which you will operate)
*Android Phone to be connected to PC with USB Debugging on to use features other than decompiling and recompiling
1. Download my Tool.
2. Extract it in any folder.
3. Place classes.dex in the input folder. DO NOT RENAME IT.
4. Run script.bat. Choose Option 1, Decompile classes.dex . In a few seconds, there will be a prompt that it is "Done. Press anykey to continue" (Note:- If you have UAC [User Account Control] on, you may run it as administrator or it might not be able to create folder if you have extracted it in System Drive)
5. Go to decompiled folder. There will BE classout folder. Make any changes in smali in classout folder(ALWAYS USE NOTEPAD++). DO NOT RENAME CLASSOUT FOLDER.
6. Again open script.bat if you had closed it or if not, then return to the window.
7. Choose 2 option "Compile classes.dex" . A new classes.dex will be formed in output folder.
Note:- Once you change things in classout folder, and you decompile another classes.dex, previous version in decompiled folder will be deleted. So if you want backup of it, move it somewhere else
Same thing will happen to classes.dex on output folder when you compile another one.
1. Connect you phone to PC with USB Debugging on and not on USB Tethering. Make sure you aren't using adb before using the tool. If so, Go to Alt+Ctrl+Del and to Task Manager and close adb.exe process
2. Choose the option what you want.
a) Logcat, either view or save it
If you view it, a window will appear with logcat in it. If you are done, just close that window
If you save it, it will be saved in the same folder where Script.bat is present. To stop saving it, Press Ctrl+C and type Y and press Enter
b) Reboot, may take some time in rebboting and rebooting in recovery.
c) Fix permissions and Reset password
3. Try to find Easter Egg
Down below is attached v1