MS3 Config v0.16 - Many new features!

Search This thread

volDeus

Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
I have the same problem

In Spanish, the default folder is \Archivos de programa\... for M3 and M3Config. When I try the 'panels' menu in M3Config, this error appears:

\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\qa_layouts.dat is not a valid zip file

And it's normal, cause the correct file is in '\Archivos de programa\Spb Mobile Shell\...' how can I change this? A registry entry?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

The problem has been fixed for now at least ... Download version 0.12 and change the path in "MS3C.xml"..

Last edited:

volDeus

Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
6/8/9 - Features (v0.12):
1. Added settings file "MS3C.xml" to installation folder ... Directory paths that MS3Config will use can be set here..
2. New image browser.

For anyone that was having problems that may have been related to MS3 being installed in a folder other then the default .. You can now modify the folders used by opening "MS3C.xml" in a text editor and changing them.

Specifically changing "\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell" in this area ..

<SpbMS3>
<Install>\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell</Install>
</SpbMS3>

.. to the path that your copy of MS3 is installed in.

Make sure you restart MS3 Config for the change to take effect ...

numero2

May 31, 2009
Hi volDeus, Thanks for PM
I downloaded the new version and added the changes to the MS3C.xml file. But now give me an error at startup and I do not even show the "about page" ...
I installed MS3 Confg v0.12 in my storage ... could be this the problem?

I tried with these 2 configurations:

1) change only Spb3 path
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Settings>

<Paths>

<MS3Config>
<Install>\Program Files\MS3Config</Install>
<Images>\Program Files\MS3Config\Images</Images>
<Temp>\Program Files\MS3Config\temp</Temp>
</MS3Config>

<SpbMS3>
<Install>\Programmi\Spb Mobile Shell</Install>
</SpbMS3>

</Paths>

</Settings>

2) Change path spb3 and MS3Config
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Settings>

<Paths>

<MS3Config>
<Install>\My Storage\Programmi\MS3Config</Install>
<Images>\My Storage\Programmi\MS3Config\Images</Images>
<Temp>\My Storage\Programmi\MS3Config\temp</Temp>
</MS3Config>

<SpbMS3>
<Install>\Programmi\Spb Mobile Shell</Install>
</SpbMS3>

</Paths>

</Settings>

MS3Config v0.11 at least allowed me to see the about screen :confused:

Last edited:

OTMOPO3OK

Feb 11, 2008
I guess this app should be installed on the internal storage in order to avoid errors. First i tried to use it from the storage card and the app crashed every time i tried to select the <images> tab. But it seems to work ok from the internal memory =)

volDeus

Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
I apolagize, I was in a rush last night to add the feature and I made a stupid mistake that I didn't realize until just now when I read the last few posts ... I'll fix in as soon as I get home in a few hours and re-upload..

peejay uk

May 15, 2008
Hi VolDeus,

I have installed correctly and the app will start up. But when I activate the panels tab I persistently get an error at 40%.:mad:

I have MS3 installed in the default directory on a POLARIS (QVGA) running WM6.0 professional.

Thanks.

Siliconstar

Nov 21, 2007
Bug?

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but the program doesn't work as expected.
I installed it on SD card, launched the program (v 0.13 finally works), selected a panel (Professional Home), selected an image (Primary->pict1.bmp), applied changes, restarted MS: Ok, background on the Pro Home has changed to pict1.Unfortunately I didn't like it so I decided to change picture.I restarted MS3Config, selected another image (primary->pict2.bmp), applied changes, restarted MS3: Oops! Background was still Pict1.I tried then to remove this backgroud (unselected panel, applied changes, restarted MS3: Ok, no more background on Pro Home), but every time I tried to change a background to another picture (also selecting different panels), the program applied always pict1, ignoring what was selected as primary in Image tab.:eek:
The first time I changed background, I saw the program displaying "Packing Images" (or something like that), while the following times it seems it processed only XML files.

volDeus

Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
I installed it on SD card, launched the program (v 0.13 finally works), selected a panel (Professional Home), selected an image (Primary->pict1.bmp), applied changes, restarted MS: Ok, background on the Pro Home has changed to pict1.Unfortunately I didn't like it so I decided to change picture.I restarted MS3Config, selected another image (primary->pict2.bmp), applied changes, restarted MS3: Oops! Background was still Pict1.I tried then to remove this backgroud (unselected panel, applied changes, restarted MS3: Ok, no more background on Pro Home), but every time I tried to change a background to another picture (also selecting different panels), the program applied always pict1, ignoring what was selected as primary in Image tab.:eek:
The first time I changed background, I saw the program displaying "Packing Images" (or something like that), while the following times it seems it processed only XML files.

I'm looking into it now ...

volDeus

Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
has the scrolling problem been fixed in v.13 ???

Not yet ... I have not been able to find a VGA copy of the Titanium theme to reproduce the problem..

Fixed!! sorry for the trouble :) ...

Download v0.14 Now!!!

Siliconstar

Nov 21, 2007
Thank you! for your support... Stay tuned for updates and let me know if you have any more problems ...

Since LifeStyle Panel is quite limited, I'm thinking of a custom panel editor.There are many plugin classes that don't work or display in a wrong way when used in this panel as widgets(frame, button, signal level, operator name, DigitalClock, SimpleBackgrd, Background work badly - Line, Rectangle, Text and others don't work at all).:mad:
The idea would be to create a custom panel and implement its XML code from scratch using an external graphic editor (your program seems a good starting point).:rolleyes:
This would allow to use all graphical elements actually included in MS3 panels and to fine tune their placement on the panel (actually on lifestyle there is an annoying grid step of 10 pixels that become 20 on VGA devices).
Let me know your opinion.:D
In the meantime, thank you again for this great work!

volDeus

Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Since LifeStyle Panel is quite limited, I'm thinking of a custom panel editor.There are many plugin classes that don't work or display in a wrong way when used in this panel as widgets(frame, button, signal level, operator name, DigitalClock, SimpleBackgrd, Background work badly - Line, Rectangle, Text and others don't work at all).:mad:
The idea would be to create a custom panel and implement its XML code from scratch using an external graphic editor (your program seems a good starting point).:rolleyes:
This would allow to use all graphical elements actually included in MS3 panels and to fine tune their placement on the panel (actually on lifestyle there is an annoying grid step of 10 pixels that become 20 on VGA devices).
Let me know your opinion.:D
In the meantime, thank you again for this great work!

We can only hope I get it that far :cool: ...

googs

Jun 24, 2008
wow thank you very much working 100% no dramas on my touch diamond using the new rom from telstra (2.07.841.2 wwe) and on spb mobile shell 3.0.1 build 6501 :D

immi79

Apr 17, 2009
Manchester
works fine but doesnt change the bottom screen background when i scroll down it remains the old one my touch hd...... any suggessions, and wot about changing the menu bar background, doesnt include yet in your programe mate?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project is no longer active due do a hard-drive crash and my loss of the source code.. To anyone looking for an active and up-to-date solution, I would suggest naong's MobileSense and his BackgroundChanger. It is very similar to MS3Config and I believe he will be implementing more features as time goes on.

Spb Mobile Shell 3 Configuration Utility (MS3Config v0.16)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a small application I am developing that I hope will evolve into a full-fledged skin editor for Spb Mobile Shell 3. At the moment it only has the ability to change panel backgrounds (among some other helpful tool options), but it has a decent GUI and is unique in that it does not overwrite any changes that have previously been made to your copy of MS3 by other skins or widget packs... I have a long way to go but take a look at the features in the changes list and the planned features below it... Please give as much feedback as possible, good or bad, and don't hesitate to make suggestions... This is my attempt at giving back to the community, please enjoy it ...

ms3screenshot1.png
    ms3screenshot2.png
    screenshot3ou.jpg
    screenshot4ye.jpg
    screenshot5ev.jpg
    screenshot6g.jpg

9/6/9 - Changes and bug-fixes (v0.16):
    --1. Added the ability to add and remove images or backgrounds, and choose which background is applied to which panel.
    --2. Added image rotation, re-sizing, and re-naming.
    --3. Added thumbnails in the panels and backgrounds tabs.
    --4. Added selectable viewing options "Large icons", and "Small icons" in all tabs with thumbnails.
    --5. Added "check all", "un-check all", and "assign to checked" options in the panels tab for easier and faster background changing.
    --6. WVGA and WQVGA scrolling problem fixed.
    --7. Added the "Carousel" tab for manipulating your panel carousel or tiled panel view. Allows adding, removing, re-naming, and re-ordering the items in your panel views.
    --8. Added new file picking dialog for adding images and choosing an external image editor. Includes a more intuitive split tree and file view with icons and image thumbnails. Also adds the ability to change the view type and delete or re-name files.
    --9. Added more panels to the "Panels" tab.
    --10. Added more utilities to the options dialog.
    --11. Alot more small changes and bug-fixes I can't remember.

------------- Quick Start Instructions: -------------

PLEASE USE THE File>Backup OPTION TO BACKUP FILES THAT WILL BE MODIFIED BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, INCONVIENIENCE TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE, OR ANNOYANCE TO YOUR GEEKING/TWEEKING EXPERIENCE...

-- 1. Download the .CAB at the end of the post and install (The VGA and QVGA versions differ only in the size of the included sample images)
    -- 2. Run "MS3 Config".
    -- 3. Tap on the "Images" tab and use the context menus to add and prepare your images.
    -- 4. Tap on the "Backgrounds" tab and use the context menus to add and prepare your background. (A background is a set of two images that will be used for Portrait and Landscape views in your panels)
    -- 5. Tap on the "Panels" tab and use the check boxes to enable or disable skinning for each panel. Use the context menus to assign a background to each panel.
    -- 6. Open the "File" menu and choose "Apply changes".
    -- 7. Tap "Yes" when prompted to re-start Mobile Shell 3.
    -- 8. Exit MS3 Config, wait for Mobile Shell 3 to start, and admire your changes.

Requirements:
    Tested on my Touch Pro and Mogul, both are running custom WM6.5 ROMs ...
    Also tested on various platforms through emulators.
    Requirements should be:
    -- 1. WM6 or higher...
    -- 2. .NET CF 3.5 Runtimes installed...
    -- 3. Spb Mobile Shell 3 installed.