FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SKINS]NEW Touchflo 2D 2.0 ONLY(Weather/Flipclock) Skins/Themes (PLEASE POST HERE!!)

4,095 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,576

By incubus26jc, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd October 2009, 10:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2009, 08:56 PM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,576

Donate to Me
More
nice tool twolf! and a nice skin. you do great work!! thanks guys for posting on the thread

26th October 2009, 09:25 PM |#12  
Flag LX
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thank you for creating and manage it.

I want to ask some feedback from the skinners out here for this new m2d version...
If M2DC isnt updated, I'm thinking of making the skin selector on my tool that:

- Lists all the file names from a specific folder.
- Renames them to zip and extracts the thumbnail preview from all.
- Lists them all as themes on M2Dr with image preview.
- Renames them all back to the previous extension.
- when a theme is selected it renamed the file to zip, extracts all the files to a temporary folder, removes the xml file (if its an old skin), moves all the files to the Windows folder and finally renames the file extension again.
- The current theme is saved as selected and the themes list is saved until the user decides to refresh it again.

M2DC uses zip files the .m2dct extension so that ppl dont try to install a zip without knowing how.

So that ppl from older M2D versions dont try to install our new skins (with much different files) by mistake I was thinking if changing the extention to simply .M2D or .M2DR what do you think?
27th October 2009, 05:00 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7

Hi I have a sprint touch running nfsfans rom 6.5 v1.00 and when i installed the first WAPVIRUS skin it broke my touchflo so that it wouldn't boot. i tried installing the recovery cab included in t-wolfs white theme and i tried to just install another theme with no success. in everyone of my tries i disabled m2d2, installed cab, reset, then enable m2d2

edit: i found that i could uninstall themes in the remove programs menu so my m2d2 is back to working just not with a theme i currently want, haha

all you have to do is backup your m2d settings before you install a theme using m2d customizer and after you install a theme and touchflo wont start then restore your m2d settings with m2d customizer
27th October 2009, 05:03 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolf

I want to ask some feedback from the skinners out here for this new m2d version...

- when a theme is selected it renamed the file to zip, extracts all the files to a temporary folder, removes the xml file (if its an old skin), moves all the files to the Windows folder and finally renames the file extension again.
- The current theme is saved as selected and the themes list is saved until the user decides to refresh it again.

M2DC uses zip files the .m2dct extension so that ppl dont try to install a zip without knowing how.

So that ppl from older M2D versions dont try to install our new skins (with much different files) by mistake I was thinking if changing the extention to simply .M2D or .M2DR what do you think?

sounds good to me
27th October 2009, 09:59 PM |#15  
Flag Castlegar
Thanks Meter: 1,247

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolf

Sound great Twolf, Right now most of our new "skins" only include the files changed from the originals. For older themes where one might go from one to the other (though my personal preference was to ALWAYS go back to standard first) themes tended to include all required files. Some ROMS make certain graphis files protected in the windows directory hence the need to use total commander to overwrite them. A new program like the one your proposing would make things far easier (for the end user at least).

The extension name doesn't matter, I'll use whatever you decide!!!
27th October 2009, 10:53 PM |#16  
Flag LX

More
Bad news....
I've been doing some tests and the older themes sometimes mess up my M2D, even without the XML...

I'm leaving here the scripts I already made in Mortscript, in case anyone wants to pick up from here and start to concentrate on the new .m2Dr skin files.

These scripts can be placed anywhere for use, just create a THEMES folder in the same place where they are (with some themes inside it, hehehe).

For now it should also work on .m2dct files, but since it messes up M2D I removed the REPLACE FILES option.

This is only a test, of course, the M2Dr will use it in the background to refresh the themes list, change the themes path and installing a theme.

refresh_themes.mscr (creates a theme list and extracts the thumbnail from them for later use)
Code:
ShowWaitCursor
path = SystemPath("ScriptPath") & "\"
themes_counter = 1

if (fileExists (path & "ThemesList.txt"))
 Delete(path & "ThemesList.txt")
 Delete(path & "MortThemesList.ini")
 DelTree(path & "Themes\Thumbs" )
else
 MkDir(path & "Themes\Thumbs")
endif

ForEach xfiles in files (path & "Themes\*.*")
 this_theme_name = Part( xfiles , path & "Themes\", -1, 0 )
# The first list is for the M2Dr Flash, so that it can handle the variables, the other is for the Mortscript "install theme" script
 IniWrite( path & "FlashThemesList.txt", myThemes ,("&theme" & themes_counter), this_theme_name & "&END")
 IniWrite( path & "MortThemesList.ini", myThemes ,(themes_counter),'"' & this_theme_name & '"')
 themes_counter = themes_counter + 1
EndForEach
IniWrite( path & "FlashThemesList.txt", myThemes ,"&Total_list", themes_counter & "&END")

currentfilename = 1
While(currentfilename < themes_counter)
 this_file = IniRead( path & "MortThemesList.ini", myThemes , currentfilename)
 xname = Part( this_file , ".", -2, 0 )
 xextension = Part( this_file , ".", -1, 0 )
 Rename(path & "Themes\" & this_file , path & "Themes\" & xname & ".zip")
 UnzipFile( path & "Themes\" & xname & ".zip", "preview.jpg", path & "Themes\thumbs\" & xname & ".jpg")
 Rename(path & "Themes\" &  xname & ".zip" , path & "Themes\" & this_file )
 currentfilename = currentfilename + 1
EndWhile

HideWaitCursor
install_theme.mscr (installs the theme chosen from the list)
Code:
ShowWaitCursor
path = SystemPath("ScriptPath") & "\"

# This part will be handled by the M2Dr flash chooser, but you can change this number manually below #
# selected_theme_number = RegRead( "HKLM","\Software\M2Dr\","selected_theme_number")
selected_theme_number = "1"

if (selected_theme_number eq false)
 Message ("No theme selected!","Warning")
 KillScript( "install_theme.mscr" )
endIf

Mkdir (path & "Themes\temp" )

install_this_theme = IniRead( path & "MortThemesList.ini", myThemes , selected_theme_number
xname = Part( install_this_theme , ".", -2, 0 )
xextension = Part( install_this_theme , ".", -1, 0 )

Rename(path & "Themes\" & install_this_theme , path & "Themes\" & xname & ".zip")
UnzipAll( path & "Themes\" & xname & ".zip", path & "Themes\temp" )

if ( xextension eq "m2dct")
 if (fileExists (path & "Themes\temp\skin\HTCHomeSettings.xml"))
  Delete(path & "Themes\temp\skin\HtcHomeSettings.xml")
 endif
endif

Move (path & "Themes\temp\skin\*.*", "\Windows" ,TRUE)
Rename (path & "Themes\" & xname & ".zip" , path & "Themes\" & install_this_theme)
DelTree (path & "Themes\temp" )

Kill("\windows\manila2d.exe")
Run("\windows\manila2d.exe")
HideWaitCursor
28th October 2009, 12:43 AM |#17  

More
World of Warcraft Theme for QVGA M2D
My World of Warcraft
Theme is complete(I hope)
Enjoy!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2j45goiy4h

please read the read me file in the zip folder before installing
28th October 2009, 04:30 AM |#18  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hey twolf I cant get the white glass skin to install, right away it says install unsuccessful
28th October 2009, 10:15 AM |#19  
Flag LX

More
Thats strange, I never had that issue before and am having it now too... :/
Ill create a new cab file.
28th October 2009, 10:13 PM |#20  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
alright thanx
29th October 2009, 03:08 AM |#21  

More
UPDATED Windows Phone 3D Effect M2D
I added some cool icons, enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 10 28_22 00 50_0012_111g.jpg
Views:	1822
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	241514  
Attached Files
File Type: cab DWC316 Windows Phone 3D Effect M2D.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.66 MB, 745 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)