[APP - 20/04] SmartLyrics for WMP/AudioManager/Manual Search - NEW BETA VERSION

Search This thread

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
yep it works "with" IE. It's in fact the "webbrowser" component of the dotnet framework, which uses the IE engine.

HaniX

Jan 27, 2009
Ostrava
OH YEAH!!!

This is such a great app!!! Thanks man, you really made my day little bit brighter today! :) I"m sooo happy! :p

And would you please try to add UTF-8 coding for central europe? The app doesn't seem to recognize those particular letters. Thank you very much for your work! :)

Oh yeah... Here's the other thing... Any chance you will add support for Conduits Pocket Player 4 in the future? This player is so good and with your app together it would be just splendid! ;)

Last edited:

esswang

Mar 17, 2009
Problems installing SmartLyrics

Hi!

I am trying to install Smart Lyrics on my HTC Touch HD and Xperia X1. In both cases I am told that I need .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or newer. But when I try to install .NET CF, I get an error message saying that I allready have a newer version installed. So how do I get past this point?

I was thinking of writing a review, but first I have to get it up and running :)

Espen Irwing Swang
Editor of Mobile Magazine Norway- www.mobilen.no

Steili

Nov 19, 2008
Yeah! I was looking for a tool like this for weeks!!
Great work! Works well on my Touch HD.

But adding a S2P-support would be fantastic, because I don´t use MediaPlayer or HTC-Player!

treqq

Jun 15, 2008
Rome
WM 6.1 wit .Net framework 3.5

Hi,

when I run the SmartLyrics on my HTC Polaris, with WM 6.1 with
.net framework 3.5, I receive an error related to the .Net framework..

any ideas ? :confused:

please I like this application and I want it!!! :(

integrate01

Dec 23, 2008
Works well with WM Player on my Omnia, but I have Manila 2D installed and doesn't work with the Audiomanager that's installed.

Either way, nice app!

Any idea on how to make it work with the Audiomanager in Manila 2D?

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
If you want to help me with Audiomanager of Manila 2D, please seek in your registry where the artist and the title of the playing song is located. I'll add the support for Manila 2D in the next version ;)

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
Hi,

when I run the SmartLyrics on my HTC Polaris, with WM 6.1 with
.net framework 3.5, I receive an error related to the .Net framework..

any ideas ? :confused:

please I like this application and I want it!!! :(

Same question than esswang : do you use a cooked rom ? In some cooked rom, the .net framework 2 as been removed... Not a good idea ;)

treqq

Jun 15, 2008
Rome
Same question than esswang : do you use a cooked rom ? In some cooked rom, the .net framework 2 as been removed... Not a good idea ;)

indeed I'm not using a cooked rom, I only change the net framework in order to use another application...
then smartlyrics app work only with net framework 2 ... I'm very sorry :(

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
indeed I'm not using a cooked rom, I only change the net framework in order to use another application...
then smartlyrics app work only with net framework 2 ... I'm very sorry :(

When you say you changed the .net framework, does it mean that you just installed the 3.5 framework ? Or you tweaked in the registry to make the 3.5 the default one ?

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
This is such a great app!!! Thanks man, you really made my day little bit brighter today! :) I"m sooo happy! :p

And would you please try to add UTF-8 coding for central europe? The app doesn't seem to recognize those particular letters. Thank you very much for your work! :)

Oh yeah... Here's the other thing... Any chance you will add support for Conduits Pocket Player 4 in the future? This player is so good and with your app together it would be just splendid! ;)

About Pocket Player, if you want it, I'll add it, but can you just seek in your registry and tell me where is stored the title and the artist or the current track for Pocket Player ? Thanks.

darthbane2k

Jul 6, 2007
Brilliant potential - just needs fixing in terms of eye candy and the scrolling.
Good option to add would be to copy lyrics for pasting elsewhere, or save lyrics as txt file function or send lyrics by email function - should be simple to add.

Oh yeah - nicer icon too!

jeeves5454

Nov 3, 2006
Philadelphia
Love it, need Plugin for Pocket Player....

Hi,

I made a little app that retrieves automatically the lyrics of the song played in WMP or in AudioManager.

It uses the www.LyricsPlugin.com services to retrieves the lyrics, so I'd like to thanks the author of this excellent service !

I hope you'll like it :)

It should work with any WM5/6/6.1 machine, with the .NET Framework 2 installed.

13/03 : v0.1 - first version
14/03 : v0.2 - second version. New "Manual Lyrics Search" Function.
16/03 : New cab and OEM packages by Ather90 (thanks !)

Love it. I would like to second the request for a Conduits Pocket Player Plugin that leverages this functionality. I am not sure if it places the song information into the registry or not, but If you browse the Pocket Player site there is a SDK, and even a sample AudioScrobbler Plug in. That might help.........

Thanks for the functionality. Keep up the great work. Sorry I cant help out, my last bit of programming was QBasic in 1997...