[Q] Allwinner Tablet Recovery?

Search This thread

SomeoneElse06

Dec 20, 2013
I received this tablet as a thank you for helping my neighbor move a few months back. The problem is, that the tablet is locked with a number code and I have no way of contacting the last owners to know what it is.

I'm unsure what the exact model is. However googling shows it might be an A20? I'm not entirely sure since I've seen dozens that look exactly like it but all but all have different model numbers listed. The tablet itself is 9 1/2 inches with an 8 inch screen. The back is blank white with just a camera, a speaker, a tiny reset hole, and a silver sticker that says "8GB". The front has a second camera in the upper right corner. The right side has the power button, headphone jack, SD card slot, mic, and a tiny power adapter hole. The top side has the volume and back button on the top right side as well.

As for the code, there's no limit to the amount of digits that can be entered so trying the "count from 0000 to 9999" method most likely isn't going to work. There's no limit to how many times it can be entered either.

Trying to enter any sort of recovery mode is a bust as well. Only thing I've made close to progress is holding power and vol+ which just makes the tablet go "dead" and the only way to turn it on after trying is with the little reset button on the back. However, I've tried nearly every other combination I could think of as well including some very complex ones I've found in forums. All with no luck as it either just boots normally to the lock screen or wont boot at all.

The Livesuit method seemed like it'd work too but for one, it requires USB Debugging which I can't do since I'm locked out of the tablet and can't get into recovery. As well as both Livesuit and Phoenixsuit don't have english versions.

After installing SDK Manager and the drivers, Windows does recognize it as an Android ADB Interface. So that's the only progress I've been able to make.

Any ideas on how I can get into this tablet?