Theme Kitchen

Search This thread

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
I apologize for the delay this afternoon,a special condition activated a bug and the queue processing stopped for a few hours. Everything is done now, if you are waiting for a theme you can pick it up here: http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009/themes

I have added Sonnysekhon's themes (Lucid, Monochrome, Onyx, sublime, Sublime Cyan, Tangerine) but:
1. I have not added Frost because it has white statusbar and I have to some code to make it work properly
2. at Sonnysekhon's request his themes can on be applied on roms which don't support T-Mobile(CyanoMod)'s theme engine. If you use CM7/GingerVillain you can find the themes in the market for 1$/each

I'll take the kitchen offline till tomorrow 11 AM GMT, an update (for apktool) went wrong and I need time to fix it.

Back online :)

Update 14.0.4.2011:
Just changed again the apktool, latest version is buggy: although the apks compiled ok (at least) the following problems appeared:
- phone rebooted on long press of home (recent applications menu): bug confirmed on Redux 1.1.2, Redux-snapshot and CyanogenMod 7.0
- force closes when accessing bluetooth/wi-fi settings on modded Settings.apk: bug confirmed on Redux 1.1.2
- android.process.acore force closes when accessing modded Phone.apk: bug confirmed on Redux 1.1.2 and Oxygen 2.0.4

If you had any problem (force closes, boot loops) with the a theme cooked since last Friday you should cook it again (sorry for the inconvenience)

Last edited:

zzizi

Mar 7, 2011
i did everything is ok with the flashable zip execpt my market whiwh stays as before the kitchen

mrshark

Apr 3, 2007
hi
i selected:
cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire.zip
theme apps, fonts, iconset, notification, menu, reboot menu: iNexus
market, list glow: Blue
battery circle

but notification, menu, battery have not been applied...
this is my file: http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009/themes/theme-cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire_iiicbiii0bb000-signed.zip
and log says some source has not been found:
http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009/logs/theme-cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire_iiicbiii0bb000-signed.zip.txt

where's the problem? thanks for you work :)

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
hi
i selected:
cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire.zip
theme apps, fonts, iconset, notification, menu, reboot menu: iNexus
market, list glow: Blue
battery circle

but notification, menu, battery have not been applied...
this is my file: http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009/themes/theme-cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire_iiicbiii0bb000-signed.zip
and log says some source has not been found:
http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009/logs/theme-cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire_iiicbiii0bb000-signed.zip.txt

where's the problem? thanks for you work :)

To see the battery you must uncheck percentage battery (in Redux the option is in Interface -> Battery Icon Style), I've opened framework-res.apk and the png's with circle battery are present.
I'll try to check the rest later tonight

Daniel.

mrshark

Apr 3, 2007
To see the battery you must uncheck percentage battery (in Redux the option is in Interface -> Battery Icon Style), I've opened framework-res.apk and the png's with circle battery are present.
I'll try to check the rest later tonight

Daniel.
yep, that worked, thanks! :D
but all the rest not, no icons, notification menu and market are green, i see colored icons in the main settings menu, but all apps are with standard icons, not the ones i selected in kitchen...

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
Daniel, can you add JAMT (Just Another Minimal Theme) themes?
They're very nice...

Oh, and I think you should clean up a bit - remove older versions of some ROMs. ;)
Sent using telegraph

I'm currently working on the themes now in kitchen (+3 sense like themes that are not yet available to the public), it will probably take me another week until I'm satisfied with the integration. After that I'll try and see what other themes I can add.

I was planning to leave the old roms until I run out of space, not everyone updates to the latest version (on my to do list is a script to automatically delete roms not used in the last 30/60/xx days)

i did everything is ok with the flashable zip execpt my market whiwh stays as before the kitchen
sometimes the market updates itself and starts copying itself in /data/app. Details here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11888207&postcount=287
I'll try to script something to automaticlly delete all vending*.apk.

yep, that worked, thanks! :D
but all the rest not, no icons, notification menu and market are green, i see colored icons in the main settings menu, but all apps are with standard icons, not the ones i selected in kitchen...
A possible cause: is "System" theme selected in ThemeChooser?
If that doesn't fix it, can you cook the theme again? I've made some changes to the general cooking process

UPDATE: 20.04.2010:
The changes I've been working on in the last week are now live.
Changes:
- more fonts, with preview
- more themes
- a queue status that will show current status (cooking a theme usually takes 1-2 minutes if only framework has to be compiled, 5-10 minute for framework+apps)
- a debug log is saved, to help me find(squash) bugs :)
- I've changed some of the logic behind framework icons: if you choose an icon set (first tab) you get all icons from that set (you no longer have to also choose menu icons for example); I plan to further differentiate the icons (lockscreen, tabs, spinner etc) so in the end will be able to choose a base theme and over it apply whatever you like from any other theme.

Last edited:

MonacoHias

Dec 1, 2007

UPDATE: 20.04.2010:
Changes:
- more themes
- a queue status that will show current status (cooking a theme usually takes 1-2 minutes if only framework has to be compiled, 5-10 minute for framework+apps)
- a debug log is saved, to help me find(squash) bugs :)
- I've changed some of the logic behind framework icons: if you choose an icon set (first tab) you get all icons from that set (you no longer have to also choose menu icons for example); I plan to further differentiate the icons (lockscreen, tabs, spinner etc) so in the end will be able to choose a base theme and over it apply whatever you like from any other theme.

Excellent work, many thanks! :) Nice selection of icons / themes, kitchen is fast in preview and cooking.

Keep on your great work :D

daniel.mitran

May 15, 2008
Bucharest
new cooking, same results... http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009/themes/theme-cyanogenmod-7.0.0-Desire_iuicbiii0bb000-signed.zip
reverted theme to system, gone in recovery, flashed cm7 standard without wipe to clean things, and just after, this downloaded new theme... no fonts, no power menu themed, and other things missing...

I don't know what to say: I finally flashed cyanogemod 7 tonight (flash the rom, wiped everything, booted for the first time, waited 5 minutes for the rom to stabilize, rebooted in recovery and flashed the theme indicated by your link)
Below are the result (I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures, the only camera at hand is on Nokia 6300 :) )

What Hboot do you use? Maybe /system is full and the theme could not install itself. Although mine (CM7 130MB HBOOT) had 8MB free

:|

vasili_defy

Feb 10, 2011
hey danny..
encountered this issue..
the preview/credit for CM androdian brings us back the start page of the theme engine(rom choosing pg) and special apps section "new apps" preview's also not workin..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everbody,

As some of you know from my iNexus Port thread I have created a kitchen for theming roms like Oxygen/GingerVillain//Redux/etc.

I think the project matured enough to go public so here is the link: http://kitchen.imitran.com:8009

Please report any problems (using this thread or a pm or the Contact form on the website)

UPDATE 25.05.2011: I just noticed there was an error with the build script; it is fixed now.
    UPDATE 20.04.2011:
    Changes:
    - more themes
    - a debug log is saved, to help me find(squash) bugs
    very nice.

can you change link to UOT kitchen in Framework/Battery/Circle Battery ?
    current link is http://uot.dakra.lt

Thanks.

Changed the link to the new one.

Dan

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
    hey daniel,
    gud work mate..
    but got one 'hiccup' ,special apps section dont show preview as other sections
    managed to get one theme done in the kitchen but now it won't let me cook another one...It just sits on the cooking rom bar and goes no further!!! Am I doing something wrong?

It's not you, it's me :D : the script that actually cooks the theme got stuck deleting a file owned by another user; fixed it manually, hope it doesn't happen again; if it does happen again will install a monitor to notice me when a theme stays in queue too much.

There are now 19 themes in queue, the server will be busy for the next hour :)

Thanks for the heads up,

Dan.
    Many thanks Dan, am cooking as we speak!!!
    :)
    BTW any chance of getting a boot animation changer in there as well..........;O)

Hello Alsajosora,

There are a lot of things I'd like to add to the kitchen (among them boot animations) but I decided to freeze the features and improve the overall experience (the big problem right now is (in my opinion) with the previews, I'd like to give the user an idea of what he/she is about to flash in recovery).

So the answer is: in the short term no, in a few months maybe, in the long term for sure.