12th April 2011, 05:35 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 590

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ririal

^ escapes batch, \ escapes shell. Hope this helps. If you zip up and send me the whole process in a single .sh file I can wrap it up in CWM for you.

Yeah, i plan to make it all one shell script after I make sure this works.
I tried escaping it like that to no avail. as well as setting the command to execute as a string and calling the string, using '' and "", etc.

12th April 2011, 05:42 PM |#22  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Grayslake
Thanks Meter: 398

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2dcour

Yeah, i plan to make it all one shell script after I make sure this works.
I tried escaping it like that to no avail. as well as setting the command to execute as a string and calling the string, using '' and "", etc.

Code should be:
Code:
set retval=
for /f "tokens=*" %%l in ('%~dps0adb.exe shell /system/bin/su -c "/bin/chmod -R 6755 /mnt/sdcard-ext/shell/"' > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo PASS"') do set retval=%%l
if "%retval%" neq "PASS" set message=Unable to chmod scripts. && goto abort
You had the " in the wrong spot, and you're not using chmod correctly.

EDIT: if that doesn't work try adb.exe shell /system/bin/su -c ^"/bin/chmod -R 6755 /mnt/sdcard-ext/shell/^"
12th April 2011, 05:59 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 590

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Code should be:

Code:
set retval=
for /f "tokens=*" %%l in ('%~dps0adb.exe shell /system/bin/su -c "/bin/chmod -R 6755 /mnt/sdcard-ext/shell/"' > /dev/null 2>&1 && echo PASS"') do set retval=%%l
if "%retval%" neq "PASS" set message=Unable to chmod scripts. && goto abort
You had the " in the wrong spot, and you're not using chmod correctly.

EDIT: if that doesn't work try adb.exe shell /system/bin/su -c ^"/bin/chmod -R 6755 /mnt/sdcard-ext/shell/^"

still getting "> was unexpected at this time." using either of those =/
edit: I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot since su still botches without using su -c... I'l probably just admit defeat and rewrite sogarth's script with su -c commands and people will have to suffer through hitting accept on their phones about 50 times till I (or someone else) makes a CWM script. ^^/
13th April 2011, 01:05 AM |#24  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
disregard
10char
13th April 2011, 04:37 AM |#25  
Flag Grayslake

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2dcour

still getting "> was unexpected at this time." using either of those =/
edit: I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot since su still botches without using su -c... I'l probably just admit defeat and rewrite sogarth's script with su -c commands and people will have to suffer through hitting accept on their phones about 50 times till I (or someone else) makes a CWM script. ^^/

If you throw all the commands into a single shell I can make it CWM flashable for you.
13th April 2011, 10:24 PM |#26  
Flag <<Sydney>>
Thanks Meter: 171

Donate to Me
More
I've a problem with your script..

i launched ubuntu1.0.7.bat (why there are only windows scripts?!
Quote:

Checking device state...
Obtaining temporary root access...

authorized tree apps to use privileged mode on the phone
Quote:

DERP8

and everythings stop here, no more output from adb or phone...
13th April 2011, 11:43 PM |#27  
Flag Grayslake

Donate to Me
More
This script isn't functional right now. Reading the thread would make that pretty clear
14th April 2011, 04:17 AM |#28  
Recognized Contributor
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 2,582

More
Quote:

This script isn't functional right now. Reading the thread would make that pretty clear

It would be helpful to put that in the title. Especially when it's ready for use.
14th April 2011, 01:04 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
So has anyone else gotten this to work yet?
15th April 2011, 08:25 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ofcourse as soon as I do everything to upgrade to 1.57 with root I find out Ubuntu has been enabled and I do not want to go back to 1.26 especially since I just installed gladatrix.

Please try to find out how to get this working, would making it CWM compatible help at all?

===Edit===
Couldn't wait any longer, tried to manually do it based on Sogarths post (had to use sudo for most commands). I got a little stuck at the rsync part, made it through (I think) but when I was attempting to change the moutosh file and boot into the new partition I ran into some problems.
I re-booted, but how do I know if it went into the new partition? All the files/directories were the same as the phone showed, but more importantly I could not get into the webtop. I re-started with the phone off the dock and then when I docked the phone just mirrored on my monitor, it gave no options for webtop/clock/etc and I had to replace the files using "how to get hdmi without a dock" mod. So I dont know why those files got messed with or why it wouldn't let me select webtop.
In order to do it manually I did the "simplified webtop modification" or whatever, to let me get the terminal on the webtop, its still accessable in the icon bar when I reboot.
I just feel like if a script comes out now it might mess up my phone since I tried to manually do it.
15th April 2011, 01:28 PM |#31  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi all!!

I´m noob, but I would like to install it when its ok.

I have a doubt: In a near future, I will be able to install XBMC on it?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android atrix ubuntu mod
Previous Thread Next Thread