Please lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
Should have stated this in the op but I didn't. The prl's listed are the ones I found that worked great where I live (SC). I've found recently that a lot of times when you get the roaming triangle that the prl you flashed is different from the one that shows. If you check the prl you flashed and match it against the one that shows on the far left of cdma workshop it might be different. If so the reflash the prl and it should work fine. Don't know what causes this as of yet. I've noticed this a lot on the Thunder Bolts. On another note.......
If you have a VZW phone you have to use the IMEI number minus the last digit to activate your phone on PP. On the EVO's and mostly all other phones you have to use the MEID/ESN HEX to get your phone activated on PP. Thats it.
To make life easier for you guys I may make a video tutorial on how to do this. I have an EVO shift just sitting here that I need to flash. My camera is broke so I may have to use my phone.

Reactions: hectormanny

xxmastermindxx

Nov 2, 2010
Should have stated this in the op but I didn't. The prl's listed are the ones I found that worked great where I live (SC). I've found recently that a lot of times when you get the roaming triangle that the prl you flashed is different from the one that shows. If you check the prl you flashed and match it against the one that shows on the far left of cdma workshop it might be different. If so the reflash the prl and it should work fine. Don't know what causes this as of yet. I've noticed this a lot on the Thunder Bolts. On another note.......
If you have a VZW phone you have to use the IMEI number minus the last digit to activate your phone on PP. On the EVO's and mostly all other phones you have to use the MEID/ESN HEX to get your phone activated on PP. Thats it.
To make life easier for you guys I may make a video tutorial on how to do this. I have an EVO shift just sitting here that I need to flash. My camera is broke so I may have to use my phone.

Your guide got me up and running fine on the first Evo 4G I did, going to do a second now. It went fine, only issue really has been super slow 3G. And yea the only PRL that didn't get me roaming in Chicago was just pageplus.prl, all others didn't work as well. I'll try messing with it a bit.

hectormanny

Dec 28, 2011
evo 4g on pageplus

thanks to Nevell mms is now working. I was using easyflasher just to get the mms working. Now this apn for page plus will do the trick always. Of course for boost you can easily change the apn through ##3282#. But for pageplus on sprint phones it would not work. Thanks again Nevell.

xxmastermindxx

Nov 2, 2010
PP does have 3g. It just means your profile AAA and HA are wrong.

HA and AAA are both set to 4D2 in my profile. Should these be changed?

Edit: Here are some screenshots of my settings. I still can't get 3G up, and it looks like MMS isn't working right either. Phone service and texting work fine though.

QPST M.IP settings. This screen was self explanatory as far as setting up in Profile 2. The arrow points to Profile 1, which has the old Sprint settings. Does that have to be changed too, or do we only worry about Profile 2?

mipsettings.png

UM Tab. This screen was also easy, but everytime I go back into it and read from phone, the password field that arrow points to is always empty, even though I put in vzw everytime. That an issue?

umtab.png

AN Tab. This tab is the same as above, everytime I read from phone, it still has the original info in it and it doesn't seem to change. User ID is always the phones Hex MEID at the Sprintpcs address, password blank. I'm assuming this is an issue as well?

antab.png

Last edited:

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
thanks to Nevell mms is now working. I was using easyflasher just to get the mms working. Now this apn for page plus will do the trick always. Of course for boost you can easily change the apn through ##3282#. But for pageplus on sprint phones it would not work. Thanks again Nevell.

Not a problem glad i could help. If I can find the time I'll make tutorials on how to flash the Bionic, Fascinate, Razr Maxx, Thunder Bolt, etc to PP.

@xxmastermindxx I can't delete your post but you can edit it with the right screen shots. Every time you read your phone using QPST it will reset your data profiles. Thats why yours are blank. So, you have to re-enter the info. As far as profiles go, yes its ok to change profile 1 and 0. It won't hurt anything. It may even fix the problem your having.

Last edited:

slickrichierich

Apr 18, 2012
palm springs
ok this guide works to get running on PP but will not get you 3g speeds. in order to really get 3g speed you need to use an original verizon phone to get your HA and AAA passwords. also no need to root your device to get MSL just use cdma ws. use the samsung default 16 digit password to get the msl or click on the terminal tab in cdma ws and type 41 74 64 77 61 6F 70 the command box and click send then go back to the security tab and click read in the SPC section. that will give you your MSL then you can change it to zeros and click write.

Last edited:
Reactions: richdarula

jjohn999

Dec 29, 2007
ok this guide works to get running on PP but will not get you 3g speeds. in order to really get 3g speed you need to use an original verizon phone to get your HA and AAA passwords. also no need to root your device to get MSL just use cdma ws. use the samsung default 16 digit password to get the msl or click on the terminal tab in cdma ws and type 41 74 64 77 61 6F 70 the command box and click send then go back to the security tab and click read in the SPC section. that will give you your MSL then you can change it to zeros and click write.

yes i believe you are correct. i have been flashing phones to boost for a long time and you have to have the HA and AAA passwords from another device in order to get TRUE 3g speeds. i have tried using this guide and still only recieve 1x which is terrible.

slickrichierich

Apr 18, 2012
palm springs
yes i believe you are correct. i have been flashing phones to boost for a long time and you have to have the HA and AAA passwords from another device in order to get TRUE 3g speeds. i have tried using this guide and still only recieve 1x which is terrible.

yes its exactly like flashing to boost. first you need to change the meid with that of the donor on a verizon phone. i use a samsung fascinate. then let it OTA and that will pull your 3g HA and AAA passwords then you just clone the fascinate over to the evo. you can use any meid from any dumb phone just make sure you activate the meid on your account without ever powering on the dumbphone. then write the meid over on the 3g verizon phone of your choice. needs to be a 3g phone so it can pull the 3g HA and AAA passwords. then restart the verizon phone and it should make you OTA. once its done you should have a working verizon 3g phone on PP. then you just go thru the remaining steps to flash it over to your evo

Last edited:

jjohn999

Dec 29, 2007
yes its exactly like flashing to boost. first you need to change the meid with that of the donor on a verizon phone. i use a samsung fascinate. then let it OTA and that will pull your 3g HA and AAA passwords then you just clone the fascinate over to the evo. you can use any meid from any dumb phone just make sure you activate the meid on your account without ever powering on the dumbphone. then write the meid over on the 3g verizon phone of your choice. needs to be a 3g phone so it can pull the 3g HA and AAA passwords. then restart the verizon phone and it should make you OTA. once its done you should have a working verizon 3g phone on PP. then you just go thru the remaining steps to flash it over to your evo

the problem is that most newbs dont know anything about QPST or pulling the HA and AAA from the donor. this guide is ok for basic flashing that most stores charge u for but will be cheated by slow internet speeds

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
Hey Nevell, great guide thanks a lot. I have a sprint optimus s with a good esn, would I still need a doner for straight talk? Do you know the method to flash the sprint optimus s to any prepaid carrier? Preferably straight talk, virgin mobile. Tia.

slickrichierich

Apr 18, 2012
palm springs
the problem is that most newbs dont know anything about QPST or pulling the HA and AAA from the donor. this guide is ok for basic flashing that most stores charge u for but will be cheated by slow internet speeds

yes your right this is a basic guide and unless you have some experience it would be difficult to extract the HA and AAA passwords

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Hey Nevell, great guide thanks a lot. I have a sprint optimus s with a good esn, would I still need a doner for straight talk? Do you know the method to flash the sprint optimus s to any prepaid carrier? Preferably straight talk, virgin mobile. Tia.

yes you still need a donor for ST. and flashing to virgin you need a donor

Reactions: richdarula

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
yes your right this is a basic guide and unless you have some experience it would be difficult to extract the HA and AAA passwords

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

yes you still need a donor for ST. and flashing to virgin you need a donor

Thanks, I can use qpst and ws but I've never flashed to another carrier, been wanting to for awhile. Which carriers don't require a doner and how could I do this for the optimus s?

koty2012

Apr 26, 2012
Can I flash custom ROMS?

Sorry to post this here but I had my phone flashed to pageplus last week and I want to install one of the new ICS roms on it but i'm scared that if I do i'll have to take it back in to be reflashed , and have to pay the 50 dollars all over again. Can someone on this thread tell me if I install a custom rom will I have to do this? PM me if possible. Thanks in advance. Once again sorry for posting here but I posted in the Q&A and no one has answered me.

evo3djay

Mar 23, 2012
Sorry to post this here but I had my phone flashed to pageplus last week and I want to install one of the new ICS roms on it but i'm scared that if I do i'll have to take it back in to be reflashed , and have to pay the 50 dollars all over again. Can someone on this thread tell me if I install a custom rom will I have to do this? PM me if possible. Thanks in advance. Once again sorry for posting here but I posted in the Q&A and no one has answered me.

I have a spirit HTC evo 3d with boost mobile and I flash all the time download 4ext recovery off the market and use that too do your flashing.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com

The only thing with flashing to ICS is that you won't be able to edit your apn for your mms. ICS won't let 3rd party apps modify the apn. You'll have to directly edit the Sprint apn's to match the one in the files I posted.

metro77279

Jan 16, 2012
Downey, CA
***Updated 4/18/2012***

Not sure if this has been posted before but here it goes.
This is a guide for the phones listed in the title. The guide for one EVO is the same for all EVO's. Each one of these devices will have fully working 3G, MMS, SMS; Talk.
I have flashed hundreds of EVO's to Page Plus and I know this to be working fully. I'm bored so I figured I may as well make a tutorial for all of those who are looking to flash these phones to Page Plus. I charge $50 for this service for all phones I flash to Page Plus, no matter how simple or hard. Anyhow here we go!

Prerequisites:
First and foremost you want to make sure you have all the HTC drivers, including the diagnostic drivers(Google it).

CDMA WorkShop (Paid or Demo) http://www.cdma-ware.com/workshop/demo/cdma_workshop.rar
QPST http://conflipper.com/Software/QPST_2.7_366.rar
Page Plus PRL's (See below)
APN Backup and Restore
Page Plus APN's
MSL Reader --- (Really don't need this. Once your EVO is in DIAG mode you can connect it to CDMAWS then click the Security tab. Under "SPC/User Lock" click the drop down menu and select "HTC method" Now click the "Read" button. Now you have your ESN. Next Click the "Send" button and click "Write 000000" and thats it your SPC is now unlocked.)

Now first thing is first. Phone must be rooted for the MSL unless you call Sprint and tell them you are a developer and tell them you need the MSL to make programs for that particular phone. Once rooted run the app from the market called MSL reader and write that number down.
Ok now enable USb debugging and enable unknown sources (Menu--Settings--Applications--Development) make sure both are checked.
Now connect the phone to your computer and let the drivers install.
After the drivers install open the dialer and dial ##3424# and wait for the new drivers to install.
If your on Windows 7 make note of the Diagnostic port number.
Now open up Cmda Workshop
Click on the main tab, set the port number from the drop down box, click connect.
Once connected click on the Security tab, Enter the MSL/SPC number you got from the MSL Reader app. Then click send. (You will get a prompt saying "SPC Correct, Phone Unlocked")
Next clear the SPC number from the box and enter "000000" click SPC, then click "write" You will get a prompt saying "SPC Successfully changed"
Click on the "Other" tab
Under the PRL section click load PRL or Write (Depends on CDMAWS version) Select the Page Plus PRL below from where you saved it. Then click "write"
Reboot Phone
Now open the dialer and dial *228 and follow the prompts(Only if you've already called Page Plus and gave them your ESN, If not continue)
For the people who haven't called Page Plus yet and want to port a number over.
Dial ##000000# and click edit mode.
Click MDN and enter your phone number, Press OK
Click on MSID/MIN and enter it if you know it, If not call your provider and ask them for it.
Press Menu and Commit Modifications (Phone may reboot)

Now you can close CMDAWS we are done with that.
Open up QPST--QPST Configuration
Click on "Add New Port..."
Select the port your device is on
On the next screen highlight your device.
Click on "Start Clients--Service Programming"
Click 'Read From phone" When the prompt pops up click "OK"
Now tab over to "M.IP"
In the drop down below that says simple ip+Mobi change that to "Simple IP"
Now double click on "Profile 2"
In the "NAI" section put your phone number@vzw3g.com
In the "tetheredNAI" section put your phone number@dun.vzw3g.com
For the IP Address put 255 all the way across for the last two sections and leave the 0's in the first section
Click OK
Now click on "PPP config"
Click "Um"
In the box that says "User ID"
Enter your phone number@vzw3g.com
Click in the box that says "Tethered NAI"
Enter your phone number@dun.vzw3g.com
Click in the box that says "Password"
Enter "vzw"
Click the "AN" tab
User ID is your phone number@vzw3g.com
Password is "vzw"
Click "write to phone"

Phone will reboot, if not power it down then reboot it.
Next......
Connect to wifi
Open market
Search for "APN Backup and Restore"
Open APN and click
Backup APN's
Now put your phone in "airplane mode"
Click "delete apn's"
Click "restore apn"
Select page plus apn from below
Disable Airplane Mode
Reboot
And thats it your fully flashed with MMS, Talk, Text, 3G

Now hit the thanks button if this helped you.

Want to know how to flash a specific device to PP or another carrier? Then click the donate link below to help me buy that specific device or you can just donate the device. Not asking for hand outs but if I don't have the device your looking for then I can't make a guide for it.

Thanx, how do I get service with pp after that?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No longer supported.
    ***Updated 4/18/2012***Each one of these devices will have fully working 3G, MMS, SMS; Talk.

And thats it your fully flashed with MMS, Talk, Text, 3G

Nah, you mention working 3G like I quoted above, and never mention that you need a donor phone to get the correct keys from. Doesn't really matter that the ones YOU flash have 3G. It matters more that what you're guiding people to do doesn't actually include what most would consider a major feature of their phone. Decent guide nonetheless, but definitely misleading.
    hey thanks for the advice. I have been tryin to get 3 phones to different carriers. I got my photon to take a sim card and now i need to flash an epic and an E 3d to an alternate. If i go the straight talk route i will need a donor phone correct? And if I do can it be the cheapest phone they have?

yes you will need a donor phone and yes get the cheapest one you can find just make sure its a cdma version. i think the models that end with a "c" are the cdma versions. also remember never power on the ST phone, actually you wont even have to open the box its in. the meid or esn is usually printed on the box. so just write it to your verizon smartphone and then activate the meid online or by phone then let the verizon OTA using the *228, *22890 ect... that will give you a working verizon phone on ST. then you just copy it over to the sprint phone

Might I ask what page plus is.?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

its a phone service kind of like metro pcs