Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

Search This thread

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
You talking about this mod in this thread when you say wifi tether, or something else?
Thanks

I'm talking about the WiFi Tether app.

First root and then download v3.2 Beta 2 from here:

https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Then go into the app and go to settings->Change Device-Profile and choose "generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"

That seems to work best on this device (read that somewhere else on the forums.)

I'm using that method and it works great.

34Ford

Mar 17, 2011
North Carolina

Then go into the app and go to settings->Change Device-Profile and choose "generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"

That seems to work best on this device (read that somewhere else on the forums.)

Ok I did what you said to do and I finally got my transformer tf101 connected, but its to slow to even pull up google.

majorpay

Jun 6, 2010
Colorado
Your not going to believe this. I finally picked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) and it works! I kept going back on my TF just to be sure it wasn't on my home router.

Lol... I own an sgn, and it was easier to get tether working (mine works on rhd now), but I bought this phone because the radio/lte sucked donkey on the sgn. Great phone, but the radio totally killed it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

rafjak

Dec 2, 2012
Hello Colleagues,

I have RazrMaxx HD (unlocked and rooted) and I have problem with mobile hotspot.
Configuration is going well, computer connects with Android hotspot, Android have connection with Internet,
but computer show no connection to Internet.

Where could be the problem?

Regards
Rafal

jpetrach

Jan 6, 2013
detroit
Are you using a third party app, or did you use sq editor and the stock hotspot app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

rafjak

Dec 2, 2012
I have Verizon Droid Razr. I hack it by SQLEditor and I use stock mobile hotspot app.
I tried also
WiFi Tether for Root Users
but without any results.

Regards
Rafal

PS.
It works, but it have run when I turn on Access-Control and I sign my computer in Connected/Authorized Clients.

Last edited:

rafjak

Dec 2, 2012
See my post above to use WiFi tether for root users app.

I also have XT926 like You. I have installed WiFi tether (ver. 3.2-beta2).
Choose Device-Profile - Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
and atill have no connection with internet.
I can conect computer with Motorola, Motorola have conection with Internet,
but coputer have no acces to Internet. Something wrong with routing.

Could You write Your whole configuration of WiFi tether.
Do You hack hotspot with SQL Editor?

Regards
Rafal

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
I also have XT926 like You. I have installed WiFi tether (ver. 3.2-beta2).
Choose Device-Profile - Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
and atill have no connection with internet.
I can conect computer with Motorola, Motorola have conection with Internet,
but coputer have no acces to Internet. Something wrong with routing.

Could You write Your whole configuration of WiFi tether.
Do You hack hotspot with SQL Editor?

Regards
Rafal

What I had posted above is exactly how my device is set up. I've never done any sql editing in my phone. There must be something else causing the problem. You could try restoring your phone back to factory default settings, re-rooting and doing the wifi -tether app again and see if that works.

Trying to figure out what's wrong on your phone in it's current state may be very difficult.

rafjak

Dec 2, 2012
I uninstalled several verizon apps. Maybe it is the problem?
Now I can not restore factory settings,
but if I can not run Internet connection via hotspot I will have to reset my phone

Regards
Rafal

It works, but it has run when I turn on Access Control and sign my computer in Connected/Authorized Clients

Last edited:

GillRigged

Sep 21, 2012
Webster
So... I'm curious if someone has gotten this to work with stock JB 4.1.2. on XT926. I guess it really doesn't matter since I've moved on to Carbon & Codex but I would like to know.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I'm just gonna stick with stock, easy tether pro works just fine. Though it's not wireless.

haoyong

Jan 16, 2008
****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******

Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to add that this was line 67, not 68, in my RAZR HD. Hack worked like a charm, though.

recDNA

Aug 24, 2011
Sounds like vzw could easily nail u using this method?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
So... I'm curious if someone has gotten this to work with stock JB 4.1.2. on XT926. I guess it really doesn't matter since I've moved on to Carbon & Codex but I would like to know.

*raises hand* It works just fine. And like was mentioned above, the line number to change in SQLite Editor is 67, not 68.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Sounds like vzw could easily nail u using this method?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

No chance.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

...easy tether pro works just fine. Though it's not wireless.

I can't stand having to tether the phone to the computer. Life is so much better when I can activate Wireless Hotspot app and then take my laptop, tablet, etc from room to room.

It's also nice when the gf wants to video chat on her phone with her sisters and can just set her phone to wifi and use my unlimited data plan (hers isn't unlimited).

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
@34Ford about disabling updater.
The easiest way to get rid of annoying update messages - just disable Moto Services (no root required) and enjoy the Droid on ICS.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******

Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.
    You talking about this mod in this thread when you say wifi tether, or something else?
    Thanks

Hey guys...If you go to the Google development website android-wifi-tether (Wireless Tether for Root Users) http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ and download the apk - wifi_tether_v3_2-beta2.apk. Just go to 'Settings' > 'Change Device-Profile' > select "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0). Enter your SSID and Passphrase and it works great without having to purchase an app. Note: I have tried wifi_tether_v3_3-pre1 & 2.apk and can confirm that they do not work with VZW Razr HD XT926. Enjoy the Free Stuff!!!!:good:
    I know I'm enjoying my Razr Maxx HD.. Even though I finally had to charge it after 24+ hours of use.. Sending this post via my iPhone 5! (Don't hate, I'm an equal opportunity user)

Sent from my iPhone 5
    I am using the 'entitlement_check' workaround on my Verizon 9.18.94.XT926 (Razr Maxx HD). It is rooted but locked.

When I activate the mobile hotspot on my cell, my computer and others' phones are able to see the activate hotspot. However, my PS3 and tablet (Nexus 7) do not see my cell's hotspot. What is even more baffling, is that when I use FoxFi, the PS3 and tablet see my cell's hotspot, no problem. Does this have something to do with the DHCP settings or what? Many thanks!