FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

View Poll Results: This rooting method worked for you?

Hell, Yeah!

84 Vote(s)
42.86%
No, tried it but in vain

45 Vote(s)
22.96%
Didn't try

67 Vote(s)
34.18%

Rooting tuorial for the Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562

607 posts
Thanks Meter: 712

Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2012, 12:07 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiser

I updated the tutorial this evening, try again.

edit: with xxalj4 not working

with removing the battery it's works, thx

30th November 2012, 08:39 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi, thank you very much for your tutorial. It works, but I stumbled upon some difficulties, and sharing them might be helpful for some who hasn't root their Galaxy S Duos yet.

Firstly I didn't have enough space on my SD card for the back up. It looks like the whole system is being backed up, not only the stock ROM, but all the programs that are installed so far as well, so I needed about 2 GB.

Secondly when I restarted the device after the failed back up to free some space and then restarted back to clockworkmod recovery, it was the stock recovery mode, but I couldn't spot this except for the fact that the Back & Restore was missing. It looks like if the device is restarted after being once in the custom clockworkmod recovery, goes back automatically to the stock recovery. On the custom one there is a drawing of a "tom hat" in the middle of the display.

Thirdly, when I tried to flash back to the custom clockworkmod recovery, I couldn't do it, since I wasn't removing the battery at the exact moment, or unplugging the cable after removing the battery. Just to make sure that the flash was successful: 1) remove the battery as soon as the device starts vibrating; 2) unplug the USB cable from the device 3) wait a couple of seconds 4) when you put back the battery, the device should not boot it self automatically. You should either press the power button or go to custom clockworkmod recovery mode directly if you have the needed space and files for the rest of the process.

Thanks again. Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J0hny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J0hny Ad-Free
6th December 2012, 11:51 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to do a screen capture in galaxy s duos ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy19900

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium

Hey Buddy,i just wanna know about how to do a screen capture in galaxy s duos ??
7th December 2012, 08:03 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
My G-S Duos is recently updated to XXALJ5. I tried the above methods and installed the CWM recovery.. that seems successful but when I tried to reboot in CWM I never success.. always come to stock recovery and from there could not install the SU with certificate error.

Please help me.
7th December 2012, 08:07 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haryana

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thacen

My G-S Duos is recently updated to XXALJ5. I tried the above methods and installed the CWM recovery.. that seems successful but when I tried to reboot in CWM I never success.. always come to stock recovery and from there could not install the SU with certificate error.

Please help me.

Did you ejected the battery when the phone vibrated during the reboot?
10th December 2012, 04:21 PM |#26  
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Cool jelly bean
when samsung release jelly bean update for samsung galaxy s duos ? any information please ?because I want to root this after jelly bean update! thanks
12th December 2012, 12:47 AM |#27  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Our Own Forum for Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562
Why are we not bidding for our own forum space. S Duos is quite a popular phone now. atleast in asia. I guess development would be faster if there's a S Duos dedicated forum. else there is lot of replication same information.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayeshjain88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayeshjain88 Ad-Free
12th December 2012, 04:13 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haryana

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit11uppal

Hey Buddy,i just wanna know about how to do a screen capture in galaxy s duos ??

It's volume down + power on almost amol ics phones,both keys should be pressed at exactly same time.
14th December 2012, 07:00 PM |#29  
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Smile try this
Quote:

It's volume down + power on almost amol ics phones,both keys should be pressed at exactly same time.

I 've been tested volume up +home + power try this thanks
15th December 2012, 11:10 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

Eject the battery? Are you mean just after installation of CWM?

Edit: yes it is... it works.. Thanks.
15th December 2012, 05:05 PM |#31  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Question unable to root my s7562
Quote:

please help i followed all ur steps but the cwm recovery says unable to mount sd card how can i root then pls help its really required for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s duos, how to, root, s7562, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread