[INFO][HOWTO][ROOT] Motochopper by Dan Rosenberg

Search This thread

yarothb

May 1, 2013
Thank you so much, that was so easy compared to rooting everything else.
Thanks a ton! :good:

mattygaga2012

cheers

All you need to know, folks. To get the dev options menu, and enable USB Debugging, tap the build number in About Phone until it tells you it's been enabled. You'll need the drivers. Unlike on AT&T devices, we do have a return to stock option, though it is not "virgin" as a Samsung-sourced TAR would be.

Motochopper is the work of Dan Rosenberg, @djrbliss. If you wish to donate, use the "Paypal" link above, as that leads to him.

Do not PM Dan (or me for that matter) for any reason whatsoever. Any Q&A about Motochopper and acheiving root should be posted here or in the Q&A section.

awesome cheers :)

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
WOW. I've been "rooting" for years and this was the simplest one I have ever done bar none.
Most one clicks are. ;)

am i the only one who thinks we should get a donation drive up for Dan ?
These kinds of threads can be iffy, but you're all quite welcome to click the PayPal link in the OP, or donate to a reputable charity instead (his usual first preference). He tends to suggest the Red Cross, but I think we can all support the EFF, too.

Reactions: Toleraen

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
Yeah, lets leave the donations thing up to the individual and in private. that can be a very slippery slope.

On topic though. I had to run the tool 3 times. All three times I was given the OK but it didn't take til the last time.

On a MAC terminal ./run.sh - also, not my first rodeo.

SBERG117

Mar 28, 2010
Most one clicks are. ;)

These kinds of threads can be iffy, but you're all quite welcome to click the PayPal link in the OP, or donate to a reputable charity instead (his usual first preference). He tends to suggest the Red Cross, but I think we can all support the EFF, too.

A few years back I donated a old car,furniture and a few boxes of clothes to goodwill....Thats probably the biggest thing Ive done...Felt pretty good about it too...:):)

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
A few years back I donated a old car,furniture and a few boxes of clothes to goodwill....Thats probably the biggest thing Ive done...Felt pretty good about it too...:):)
As far as the major "we'll take your old stuff" charities go... Goodwill is the one I would support, but we're a bit getting off-topic, and what I support isn't relevant here.

sgs22012

Feb 5, 2012
va,usa
Root and SIM unlock are two very different things. This gives you root.

That refere to the network sim lock if youve been with them 40+days you should be able to get it for the customer service or international team (I did with my s3 last month

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ecapuano

Mar 24, 2011
San Antonio
Root = Wipe?

hey guys, I hate asking and not just "trying it myself" to find out, but I am stuck at work so can't give it a shot yet!

Does this root method require a wipe? Thanks!

SBERG117

Mar 28, 2010
hey guys, I hate asking and not just "trying it myself" to find out, but I am stuck at work so can't give it a shot yet!

Does this root method require a wipe? Thanks!

No it doesn't....Just follow the instructions in the OP and you'll be fine...It really is a simple process....Nothing to fear..:laugh:

EMcTx

Oct 28, 2011
Houston
I can't get my phone rooted. I enabled developer mode, checked usb debugging, and installed the driver. When I click on the run.bat I get the following message :
"adb" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I get several lines of that message.
Then, I get exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit. Nothing happens, however.
Also, my phone says connected as a media device. Could this be why I can't get it to root?
Any ideas as to how to fix my problem?
Thanks.

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
Just wondering do we need to install Su from play store or it will come itself after root.
I am out of town. Cant root till tomorrow :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

ThatDude24

Apr 25, 2013
City Of Roses
Im new to this whole root thing since im coming to android from apple. My phone should be here in a day and im hearing all this extra crap on and what not. Rooting is the only way to remove it? and after i do these steps is there something i have to instill to remove those unwanted ish?

marwa89

May 2, 2013
www.nile7.com
I can't get my phone rooted. I enabled developer mode, checked usb debugging, and installed the driver. When I click on the run.bat I get the following message :
"adb" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I get several lines of that message.
Then, I get exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit. Nothing happens, however.
Also, my phone says connected as a media device. Could this be why I can't get it to root?
Any ideas as to how to fix my problem?
Thanks.

hnx....Just trying to avoid a un-needed mistake

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: The UVUAMDL update includes Samsung's silly root-restricting kernel. You'll need to downgrade it or use a custom one to avoid that.

All you need to know, folks. To get the dev options menu, and enable USB Debugging, tap the build number in About Phone until it tells you it's been enabled. You'll need the drivers. Unlike on AT&T devices, we do have a return to stock option, though it is not "virgin" as a Samsung-sourced TAR would be.

A recent root exploit I published for Motorola devices, Motochopper, should do the trick for rooting the Qualcomm-based variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4, including the AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile branded models.

Download the exploit here:
    http://vulnfactory.org/public/motochopper.zip

Instructions:

1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
    2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers available for your phone.
    3. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
    4. Connect your device to your PC via USB.
    5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat". If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute "./run.sh".
    6. Approve the ADB connection from your PC on your device.

Warning:
    At this point, since there are no custom recoveries or stock images available, it may not be possible to repair your device should you accidentally break it. Please be aware of this before performing any modifications to your phone.

As always, future OTA updates may remove the ability to regain root access, so proceed with caution when updating. Enjoy!

Paypal:
    http://goo.gl/zBGb0

Motochopper is the work of Dan Rosenberg, @djrbliss. If you wish to donate, use the "Paypal" link above, as that leads to him. Do not donate to me for this package.

Do not PM Dan (or me for that matter) for any reason whatsoever. Any Q&A about Motochopper and acheiving root should be posted here or in the Q&A section.
    I bought my phone doing the payment method from tmo and have read that my phone isnt unlocked till i pay it off and get a unlock code...
    Root and SIM unlock are two very different things. This gives you root.
    1. Will updating Samsung Kies on the desktop incorporate the up to date drivers for the phone.
    2. Will the Motochopper rooting method by Dan Rosenberg work on the s4 on T-Mobile Uk?
    3. Does the CWM method work or any other method, if so are there any links to this, thanks.
    1. No idea. Probably.
    2. Probably not. Completely different chipset.
    3. You're in the entirely wrong place. Don't flash ANYTHING FROM THIS SECTION on your non-US Galaxy S4. You will F it up.
    It worked perfectly! Thanks.
    Root 4,42 may update

hERE YOU GO DONT FORGET THANKS TO HIM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2294005