Sticky French ROM.

Search This thread

Tanguy

Jun 24, 2004
Lyon, France
I’m stuck with a minor problem and have spent more than a week trying to fix it. :?

STORY
To replace an O2 3.20 Eng on PCC 2002, I have cooked a French Rom based on 3.16 Qteck and included the freeware I liked, one of them being a freeware named POI (Point Of Interest) to be used with Tom-Tom Navigator.

ORIGINE
My problem is that I think, installing POI on ROM, was a silly choice of me :cry: as I cannot save any modified settings of POI such as setting for Speed cameras. :evil:

PROBLEMS
Pb N° 1. : I cannot save my POI settings. I get no really error messages, but all is gone next time I open it. Does any one have a clue?

PB N°2: As I had no clue, I decided to cook a French ROM without POI in it. But I failed to reinstall the newly cooked ROM after downloading the EXE file and running it, my PC opened DOS windows with an error message saying ERROR UNSUPORTED LANGUAGE ‘FRA’ prior to opening the Program A window. Then Program A gives me an Error 007 No Rom Image File … Cannot find ROM image to upgrade you Pocket PC.

PB N° 3: I decided to build an English ROM on 3.20 UK. as it seemed that French language may be the source of PB N°2. But after downloading it and running the exe file on my PC , a DOS windows opens and close then nothing would happened.

PB N°4: I decided to use XDAtools to flash my original XDA ROM (saved in the first place on my PC) back to my XDA, but XDAtools refuses to write to my XDA memory through Program A saying error opening c:\...\English\ for writing Access refused. Error opening the target device. “
I have no idea what XDATools tried to open so I cannot either go that root neither.

I now quite perplex :cry: on how to solve question N°1, or at best getting BP N°2 to work.

Any hint :?:

Sir-ay

Jul 8, 2007
Cologne
kommst Du ins Recovery? Dann brauchst Du ja keine RUU sondern nimmst das was auf Deiner internen Speicher ist ( ROM ) und spielst es wieder ein oder gar die Backup. LG

Gesendet von meinem Transformer Prime TF201 mit Tapatalk 2