[UPDATE 12/24/13 ] SOLVED! Hard-bricked? Un-hard brick using sd card SM-N900T/N9005

Search This thread

SMN9005MA

Jan 24, 2016
I'd like to know how much of a problem it is if I use an image from a phone with a different bootloader. I just want to see some sign of life besides the single, sometimes repeating vibration. Or at least get it detected by my PC.

t2060079

Dec 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Not knowing what is the difference between different bootloader versions. My uploaded file is of LP5.0. There is no harm to try the file which probably do not write to your phone. Of course, if successful to boot to download mode, it is another issue on how to flash the phone in order to not overwrite the userdata content.

SMN9005MA

Jan 24, 2016
I tried the file but there was still no response from the phone. It still just vibrates once and there is nothing on the screen. It's also not detected by the pc. One interesting thing I noted is that before you uploaded this image, I tried using an image that was meant for the N900T and when I tried going into download mode with that image on the sd card, the computer first detected a device called QHSUSB_BULK which suddenly got disconnected. When I tried again, device manager showed that "RELINK HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)" was connected. Still nothing on the phone's screen.

When I tried with the images from an N9005 4.4 and finally the image you uploaded, there is no response.

t2060079

Dec 14, 2010
Hong Kong
Please try the following methods.
1) Appeared Qualcomm HS-USB port means your phone alive, please try different USB cable to connect phone to computer. Sometimes the USB cable cannot work normally.
2) How did you write the unbrick file into the SD card? Please format the SD card to exFAT. I write the file with Win32 image writer.
3) Is your SD card size same as the phone storage size? Please make it same and use class 10 SD card.
4) Please use the button combo to boot the phone to download mode after SD card is inserted to the phone.

Last edited:

shaami

Jan 5, 2013
Karachi
Hey everyone..
My friend's Note 3 (SM-N900T) died after updating from KIES. assuming that KIES were trying to update it to the latest build, i.e. N900TUVUFOL1 (Android 5.0) can anyone please post a .img file for this version of firmware? so that we can attempt to revive the phone.

all help will be much appreciated.

ludeawakening

Dec 7, 2010
Gadsden, Alabama
forum.highonandroid.com
Hey everyone..
My friend's Note 3 (SM-N900T) died after updating from KIES. assuming that KIES were trying to update it to the latest build, i.e. N900TUVUFOL1 (Android 5.0) can anyone please post a .img file for this version of firmware? so that we can attempt to revive the phone.

all help will be much appreciated.
Here you go. Follow the link I provided and you'll find everything you need to restore the phone to stock N900TUVUFOL1. Use Odin to flash the files.
https://idlekernel.com/flash-tools/firmware/hltetmo_SM-N900T/N900TUVUFOL1/

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Reactions: shaami

shaami

Jan 5, 2013
Karachi
Here you go. Follow the link I provided and you'll find everything you need to restore the phone to stock N900TUVUFOL1. Use Odin to flash the files.
https://idlekernel.com/flash-tools/firmware/hltetmo_SM-N900T/N900TUVUFOL1/

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

Thank you, but the phone won't boot and won't get detected by Odin, thats why i was asking for a .img to try and boot into download mode using SD Card, and then flash the stock rom/files from there.

DallasCZ

Feb 10, 2012
Mikulov
Huawei P10
Huawei P30
Hello guys,
I would need your assistance here.
I got a phone to unbrick.
Its a SM-N9005 (written on th eback unde rthe battery), but the owner (i assume) accidentally flashed the SM-N900P firmware (is written on the screen when going to download mode).
Since then i cannot flash any n9005 firmwar eusing odin.
It gives me errors like:
ODIN: flashing pit file ...fail (or flashing aboot...fail)
ON THE SCREEN: secure chceck fail : PIT (or aboot)
I tried lollipop firmwares, kitkat 4.4.3, kitkat 4.4.2, pit files for n9005 everytime got failure in ODIN (tried 3.10.7 to 1.85 version of ODIN).
Please help.

djshag

Jul 18, 2012
I'm throwing this in here because I don't know where to put it ... I have a Canadian Sm900w8 and it is now going to be my T-Mobile phone. Can I load stock 900T firmware onto it? If not, is there a custom ROM for T-Mobile firmware that will allow me wifi calling?
I posted here in the hopes of not bricking my phone! :)

Oct 28, 2013
N 900 Bricked

UPDATE:Thanks to the hard work and diligence of XDA members @noobtoob, @ecs87, and recognized contributor @DocHoliday77, recognized developer @shabbypenguin, and others who will be added to this list after I go through some threads for their names -

It is my pleasure to announce that owners of the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 who have unfortunately hard-bricked
their device, (will not turn on, no led light, qhusb_download mode as device status when plugged into pc) are NOW able to boot their device using sd card mode, instead of expensive JTAG repair!!

noobtoob has been so kind as to ship me the sd card that he successfully flashed, with uncorrupted files from a working tmobile note 3, using odin! Thank you! These files contain all of the prerequisite files needed to boot in this state, to download mode! Once there, a stock firmware flash with ODIN will totally restore your device, just as the SM-N900A variant (at&t), and tmobile and sprint galaxy s3 hard-unbrick methods right here on XDA, can accomplish as I type!

Now, owners of this device can flash with alot more ease, and also this could not only lead to discovery of this method for the entire Note 3 series, perhaps other devices as well!

Read the thread! Why just look for a quick fix when you can actually learn more about the way file systems in android work - and what to avoid doing so that the chances of this happening in the future are less likely? I conducted quite a bit of research, and spoke to some very talented people to get this thread where it is - and to learn some new things myself. This thread contains alot of good insight and discussion about how to solve this issue. Perhaps you could learn something. Either way, all of what you need to fix a hard brick for these two devices is here.

[Update] 12/17/13]

I do in fact now have the sd card. Thanks @noobtoob! The device will not boot still.
I'm going to try a jig also.

:D

[UPDATE] 12-21-13

Thanks to time, guidance, and commands from @shabbypenguin, we found the reason why the sd card noobtoob wrote the umbrick.img to will not boot. It is simply not large enough! So now thanks to proper guidance and this is from shabbypenguin, Tmobile Note 3 users are almost safe from a hard-brick!

If anyone deserves credit for this all, it is @shabbypenguin and @KAsp3rd, and ultimately Samsung, for at least programming their phones to be virtually fail-safe! Special thanks @zinnium to be the first to report this working for them! Thank You!

We have the new .img , so the proper method, and files will be in this post for all to use. For now, they are in this thread. Of course all contributors will be thanked. Give me a little time to get myself together here in the real world, this has happened so fast I've barely had time to keep up!!!!!

Pm me, or post if this method works for you. Now, I mean this only if you first are aware that **IF YOU FLASH ANYTHING OR USE THIS METHOD IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK - I OR NO ONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE BUT YOU!!**

Also, only if you are simply using the very last unbrick.img posted by noobtoob, in this thread. It is ONLY FOR THE TMOBILE NOTE 3 SM-N900T VARIANT!!!! USING IT FOR ANY OTHER MODEL WILL NOT WORK!! THERE IS AN UNBRICK.IMG FOR THE SM-N9005 ALSO AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! **AGAIN - ONLY USE THE .IMG THAT IS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC DEVICE!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AND IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING GOES BAD!!!**

The file is 165mb in size, and needs to be written to a 32 or 64 gig sd card with Linux or another image writing tool, even using a CORRECT dd command in terminal emulator, with a rooted device. It has also been confirmed by XDA member zinnium to work with a 310mb system dump from of course - a WORKING T-Mobile Note 3. Also, XDA member aiti1980 has confirmed success with hard-unbricking the SM-N9005 model. The slimmer file does however, also contain all of the necessary partitions to correctly re-write improperly overwritten ones, including recovery!

Do not try to start a new thread and take credit for this!! This is the thread where this method started specifically for the t-mobile note 3 , and I take no credit for this method!!!! The real thanks should go to @shabbypenguin, and @KAsp3rd, who have brought this method, from unknown origins of my knowledge at the time of writing this - to XDA. @shabbypenguin has been kind enough to lend his expertise and time here in this thread, for the t-mobile note 3!! YAY :) Just in time for Christmas! Merry Christmas All!

UPDATE: 12/24/13 - Here's a Christmas gift for all SM-N9005 owners with a hard-bricked device...

:) This method works for the SM-N9005 variant too! CONFIRMED!
One step closer for a universal hard-unbrick method for ALL
Galaxy Note 3 Models! HURRAH:) Special thanks to aiti1980 for being the first to try and succeed! Congrats!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!*:)

Note 3 SM-N900T unbrick.img
http://www.mediafire.com/?6nu61z43y51v3k4

Thanks to noobtoob for the above SM-N900T unbrick.img

https://mega.co.nz/#!UtNhgAja!XLL6Xy7qxW0L9t4ZgXgowHFNlSsLuz5RIQ-fQc5Ctxk

Thanks to aiti1980 for the above SM-N9005 Unbrick.img upload! ENJOY:)

can some one help me i bricked my Sm N900 Note 3 and totally blank no boot no download no recovery all 3 buttons failed
how to i usea sd card method and tried the unbrick image to to boot but no luck

Oct 28, 2013
SM n900

Unable to boot or enter download mode phone was stuck in samsung logo for 1 or 2 days and after that no boot
phone totally dead
tried up the unbrick image to boot but no luck
can some one tell me how to fix

Tip : had rooted the phone earlier so kknox was 0 x 1
SO unrooted and restored the knox Using some file to 0X0

But had boot issues after that

now totally dead was on stock firmware 5.0

azrinmila

Jul 19, 2014
Hello guys

I m using SM-N9005 on android 5.

I have through the thread but i could find the unbrick image for n9005. Could someone please help me to upload / share it again. Thank you in advance

ShiroKageRyujin

Jan 25, 2017
Well lol hello to you all and man hope this thread is still active I read through almost ever page on here to see if there is a specific case Similar to my own though not quite sure.

I have a official galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T with I believe 4.4.2 though could be 4.3 however it did start with 4.3 I know and it appears I have soft bricked it to the galaxy logo though I can of course go to the download mode and connect to odin 3 and it does recognize it though I tried adding a customer recovery and now the recovery boot menu on the phone does not pull up so I'm left with ether the galaxy logo or download mode. Is there any ideas or proper files I could use in odin that would work ? Lol I have looked all over the place and even tried getting the original firmware though every website now days for something this long ago seen to be crap now for it lol so the only one I could get was with folders and files instead of a .tar

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you all for greatly expanding my knowledge on this topic ... even if some I'm still not sure what's what lol

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Well lol hello to you all and man hope this thread is still active I read through almost ever page on here to see if there is a specific case Similar to my own though not quite sure.

I have a official galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T with I believe 4.4.2 though could be 4.3 however it did start with 4.3 I know and it appears I have soft bricked it to the galaxy logo though I can of course go to the download mode and connect to odin 3 and it does recognize it though I tried adding a customer recovery and now the recovery boot menu on the phone does not pull up so I'm left with ether the galaxy logo or download mode. Is there any ideas or proper files I could use in odin that would work ? Lol I have looked all over the place and even tried getting the original firmware though every website now days for something this long ago seen to be crap now for it lol so the only one I could get was with folders and files instead of a .tar

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you all for greatly expanding my knowledge on this topic ... even if some I'm still not sure what's what lol

Flash to stock always fixes anything. You can find stock software at Sammobile

Sign up for free and download the .zip file of the Android version you are looking for. You will find the .md5 file you can flash with Odin

Good luck!

Dante_Salyeri

Jun 10, 2015
Hello.
Sorry for my english.
I'm using an interpreter.

On a trip, my phone shut off. It does not turn on, does not chardge, cant go to recovery and etc .. When i plug it to PC it recognized as QHSUSB_BULK. Symptoms are similar to hard brick.
I found this theme, my model is 9005. I recorded the image on the memory card, insert the card, jam the battery, press the power button, but the phone does not turn on. Memory card for 32 GB. Wrote down DiskImageRev2.
Please help..

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
Urgent help, need unbrick img for SM-N900K using sdcard method

I have hard brick galaxy note 3 due to flash wrong NHLOS partition /mmcblk0p1 , now it cannot enter bootloader mode/downloader mode
If phone plugs in PC, it recognized as Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008 (com7)

Can I use USB dongle jig to enable download mode ?
Can I use 301k Ohm SMT resistor type instead of 4bands color resistor type ?

It is not working.

4576222.jpg

4576223.jpg

Help please,....THANKS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:Thanks to the hard work and diligence of XDA members @noobtoob, @ecs87, and recognized contributor @DocHoliday77, recognized developer @shabbypenguin, and others who will be added to this list after I go through some threads for their names -

It is my pleasure to announce that owners of the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 who have unfortunately hard-bricked
    their device, (will not turn on, no led light, qhusb_download mode as device status when plugged into pc) are NOW able to boot their device using sd card mode, instead of expensive JTAG repair!!

noobtoob has been so kind as to ship me the sd card that he successfully flashed, with uncorrupted files from a working tmobile note 3, using odin! Thank you! These files contain all of the prerequisite files needed to boot in this state, to download mode! Once there, a stock firmware flash with ODIN will totally restore your device, just as the SM-N900A variant (at&t), and tmobile and sprint galaxy s3 hard-unbrick methods right here on XDA, can accomplish as I type!

Now, owners of this device can flash with alot more ease, and also this could not only lead to discovery of this method for the entire Note 3 series, perhaps other devices as well!

Read the thread! Why just look for a quick fix when you can actually learn more about the way file systems in android work - and what to avoid doing so that the chances of this happening in the future are less likely? I conducted quite a bit of research, and spoke to some very talented people to get this thread where it is - and to learn some new things myself. This thread contains alot of good insight and discussion about how to solve this issue. Perhaps you could learn something. Either way, all of what you need to fix a hard brick for these two devices is here.

[Update] 12/17/13]

I do in fact now have the sd card. Thanks @noobtoob! The device will not boot still.
    I'm going to try a jig also.

:D

[UPDATE] 12-21-13

Thanks to time, guidance, and commands from @shabbypenguin, we found the reason why the sd card noobtoob wrote the umbrick.img to will not boot. It is simply not large enough! So now thanks to proper guidance and this is from shabbypenguin, Tmobile Note 3 users are almost safe from a hard-brick!

If anyone deserves credit for this all, it is @shabbypenguin and @KAsp3rd, and ultimately Samsung, for at least programming their phones to be virtually fail-safe! Special thanks @zinnium to be the first to report this working for them! Thank You!

We have the new .img , so the proper method, and files will be in this post for all to use. For now, they are in this thread. Of course all contributors will be thanked. Give me a little time to get myself together here in the real world, this has happened so fast I've barely had time to keep up!!!!!

Pm me, or post if this method works for you. Now, I mean this only if you first are aware that **IF YOU FLASH ANYTHING OR USE THIS METHOD IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK - I OR NO ONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE BUT YOU!!**

Also, only if you are simply using the very last unbrick.img posted by noobtoob, in this thread. It is ONLY FOR THE TMOBILE NOTE 3 SM-N900T VARIANT!!!! USING IT FOR ANY OTHER MODEL WILL NOT WORK!! THERE IS AN UNBRICK.IMG FOR THE SM-N9005 ALSO AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! **AGAIN - ONLY USE THE .IMG THAT IS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC DEVICE!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AND IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY IF ANYTHING GOES BAD!!!**

The file is 165mb in size, and needs to be written to a 32 or 64 gig sd card with Linux or another image writing tool, even using a CORRECT dd command in terminal emulator, with a rooted device. It has also been confirmed by XDA member zinnium to work with a 310mb system dump from of course - a WORKING T-Mobile Note 3. Also, XDA member aiti1980 has confirmed success with hard-unbricking the SM-N9005 model. The slimmer file does however, also contain all of the necessary partitions to correctly re-write improperly overwritten ones, including recovery!

Do not try to start a new thread and take credit for this!! This is the thread where this method started specifically for the t-mobile note 3 , and I take no credit for this method!!!! The real thanks should go to @shabbypenguin, and @KAsp3rd, who have brought this method, from unknown origins of my knowledge at the time of writing this - to XDA. @shabbypenguin has been kind enough to lend his expertise and time here in this thread, for the t-mobile note 3!! YAY :) Just in time for Christmas! Merry Christmas All!

UPDATE: 12/24/13 - Here's a Christmas gift for all SM-N9005 owners with a hard-bricked device...

ooo! Thanks!!!
    I use adb driver
    into cmd win 7 i run:
    ADB SHell
    su
    and you command and get unbrick.img
    waiting for result...
    I writting *.img on adata Microsd card from win 32 Disk Image
    Update: WOW!!! My hard bricked phone power up!
    Many thanks from RussiaЖ)))
    Where me put unbrick.img: dropbox, or another service?

:) This method works for the SM-N9005 variant too! CONFIRMED!
    One step closer for a universal hard-unbrick method for ALL
    Galaxy Note 3 Models! HURRAH:) Special thanks to aiti1980 for being the first to try and succeed! Congrats!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!*:)

Note 3 SM-N900T unbrick.img
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6nu61z43y51v3k4

Thanks to noobtoob for the above SM-N900T unbrick.img

https://mega.co.nz/#!UtNhgAja!XLL6Xy7qxW0L9t4ZgXgowHFNlSsLuz5RIQ-fQc5Ctxk

Thanks to aiti1980 for the above SM-N9005 Unbrick.img upload! ENJOY:)
    ooo! Thanks!!!
    I use adb driver
    into cmd win 7 i run:
    ADB SHell
    su
    and you command and get unbrick.img
    waiting for result...
    I writting *.img on adata Microsd card from win 32 Disk Image
    Update: WOW!!! My hard bricked phone power up!
    Many thanks from RussiaЖ)))
    Where me put unbrick.img: dropbox, or another service?
    I ran parted on the device and the boot partition, excluding everything else, ends at 291 MB. I made the 310 MB image using terminal emulator.

Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/unbrick.img bs=1024 count=325058560

For some reason parted will not run on my phone, so I used the busy box fdisk method. See the screenshot below.

As far as the note 3 only in 32 GB, the US variants yes, but there is an international one that does come in 16 GB. SM-N900 or something. Anyways, take a lok at whatever you need to and advise. I am still a noob when it comes to linux.
    odd taht parted wont run, i just tested it fine on my xperia z (im not cool enough for a note 3 :p) and it worked fine. not seeing any screenshot though?EDIT it just loaded :p so long as the tmobile one comes in 32gb at its lowest then doesnt matter about international folks, they can make their own image. we are here for tmo customers :p

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jk...ide_rev1.0.pdf

Definitely will quote you in the OP! THANK YOU!!
    Guess we will see very soon if this works and judging from your work, I'm thinking we are about to have a must-have thread here!

Hope everyone with a bricked tmobile, or any other note 3 can use this and enjoy their note 3s for Xmas! :)
    there is an error with the file, i think you copied the url wrong. @msmercy42 this image when created will be for tmobile ones only, the n900a already has theirs.

edit2:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/unbrick.img count=163839 bs=1024

that should dump all the way to trustzone partition, which is all you need and it will be 160MBish in size. which one of you has the needed tools to recover right now? on a side note, damn... these phones ar egetting big im gunan need to increase the dump size on my unbrick image zip :/
    im not assuming, on the s3/s4 you needed at least the size of your emmc chip for the bootup to be scanned properly. every device we have done this stuff on has just been a dd dump of mmcblk0 of a certain size and rewriting it to the sdcard, from there it just works. i wanna say there has been at least 6-8 people who have done this across various devices that ive posted images for.