Sony Xperia Z Ultra/GPE vs ZTE Nubia X6-What do you think?

Search This thread

AWFRONT

Jul 30, 2011
As an avid user of the XZU, I have been frustrated with the lack of a flash on he XZU and today I read the news that the ZTE Nubia X6 is finally available. Whilst I love using my XZU with the GPe ROM, I find it really annoying to see the camera ruin my pictures in low light. On the other hand, the ZTE Nubia X6 appears to be everything I ever wanted from a phone/XZU. It has the following key features;
-6.44" Full HD Display
-Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AB Quad Core 2.3GHz and 2 Other variants available as Options
-2-3GB RAM Depending on the model selected -3 models available
-32-128GB Internal Memory
-MicroSD Slot [Still trying to confirm-I really hope it is correct]
-13Mp Front and 13Mp Rear Camera with DUAL FLASH
-Dual Stereo Dolby Optimised Speakers
-DUAL SIM with Dual Standby
-HDMI Port
-4250mAh Battery and Removable Battery Cover (I guess NO waterproofing)

-----Check out full specs here:
-----Images and more specs here:
-----Comparison between XZU and Nubia X6 can be found here:
-----YouTube Video here;

The more I read about this phone , the more I get excited. So what do you think? Is it time we shop around or wait and see what Sony has in store with the XZU 2 in September or ditch all and perhaps look at Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

Also, could one of our XDA-Dev forum users confirm for sure if the LTE bands used are Europe compatible or not? I am getting conflicting information so any confirmation from Chinese speaking users would be even more welcome. Thanks and enjoy the conversation!

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
The specs looks okay, but I won't think about buying anything until I see the ZU2 (if it exists), and if it gets released this summer, I'm not sure if I want to get it. The Ultra is still a top speced device, so a tiny boost in GHz and RAM won't impress me at all this time.

- Last year: We went from S600 to S800 in flagships. Huge boost. 1080p also got widespread in flagships.
- This year: We've gone from S800 to S805. Minimal boost. 1080p is still the norm. An extra gig of RAM if you're lucky.
- Next year: We'll go from S805 to S810. Huge boost. 64bit. Adreno 430. We'll most likely see more of the QHD (2560x1440) displays.

jeremy.chan

Jan 7, 2008
that certainly looks like a very nice looking phone...

china-only, at this point it seems.... however the question is, how easy will dev support be with this? custom roms, etc..

The specs looks okay, but I won't think about buying anything until I see the ZU2 (if it exists), and if it gets released this summer, I'm not sure if I want to get it. The Ultra is still a top speced device, so a tiny boost in GHz and RAM won't impress me at all this time.

- Last year: We went from S600 to S800 in flagships. Huge boost. 1080p also got widespread in flagships.
- This year: We've gone from S800 to S805. Minimal boost. 1080p is still the norm. An extra gig of RAM if you're lucky.
- Next year: We'll go from S805 to S810. Huge boost. 64bit. Adreno 430. We'll most likely see more of the QHD (2560x1440) displays.

+1 we all better wait

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

doctahjeph

Jun 15, 2006
corpus christi
The only thing that I see is a huge noticeable difference is the camera. Probably won't feel the difference in ram and CPU. I agree with others hold out.

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
I would not replace the Ultra because of the camera. A better option is to get a Sony DSC-QX10 or QX100 of the simple reason that they deliver VERY decent pictures. I am very happy with my QX10 and it got me completely "over" the lusting for a device with a "better" camera.

As it is today, I would not replace the Ultra with another device since the most interesting development will be the Snapdragon 810 - I don't think we will see it before Ultra 3 (I would guess the Ultra 2 will have the 805 considering the timing).

A QX10 and a new 128 GB microSDXC card and you are all set.:victory:

Reactions: frothe3

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I would not replace the Ultra because of the camera. A better option is to get a Sony DSC-QX10 or QX100 of the simple reason that they deliver VERY decent pictures. I am very happy with my QX10 and it got me completely "over" the lusting for a device with a "better" camera.

As it is today, I would not replace the Ultra with another device since the most interesting development will be the Snapdragon 810 - I don't think we will see it before Ultra 3 (I would guess the Ultra 2 will have the 805 considering the timing).

And let's not forget that if you get the QX10 now, you can also use it with a different phone down the road, so you'll always have a great camera.

emann56

Aug 14, 2010

The QX-100 is an amazing product.

More info here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2513999

Johnmcl7

Jan 24, 2006
I had a good look at the QX devices as the poor camera on the Z Ultra is really my only complaint with it however I don't see the devices as alternatives to a decent onboard camera. The problem for me is that they're nowhere near portable enough to function in that role, I prefer to take the RX100 which isn't much larger in practical terms (it still needs a separate pocket as would the QX devices) but the RX100 has the advantage of being much quicker to use. The reason I like having the camera on the phone even with much better quality alternatives is that I pretty much always have the phone in my pocket making its camera handy to catch unexpected moments when I don't have a proper camera on me.

I have my doubts about the ZTE though and still hoping Sony will produce a similar device to the Ultra but with a usable camera.

Paul in Maryland

Jul 3, 2008
The Sony supports more 3G and 4G bands. I don't think the ZTE, even its LTE variant, will support LTE from AT&T or T-Mobile. The Sony C6806 and C6806 GPe will work on every band that T-Mobile currently uses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.