What would make you want an iPhone?

Search This thread

nkay08

Feb 26, 2013
nope

If it gets an alternative version with android :D
But even then it would be way too overpriced. I don't even like its design and it seems to be so fragile.

J

justinisloco

This is not related to the nexus 5 at all :(

thread moved to the XDA OT forum

Sorry, I started it in N5 forum because I was getting user comparison between vanilla android and "vanilla" apple. I think I would guess easily why a samsung or HTC user would switch, and wanted user opinions from stock nexus users

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Tangodown78

Mar 8, 2014
Concord
there is SOME apple software that I tend to like over android, Such as Music player (iTunes) plus the ease of sync media music/video's etc

however such things as being stuck with the default home screen. I like short cuts, hidding menus I first used Go Launcher as my go to default launcher, Then I bought Next Launcher (Made by the same people) and is my default goto, I love all the extra short cuts I can have, and keep my screen clean and clutter free to show of that pretty 5.5" flex screen.

Plus now for the ideological reason: They arn't trying very hard to really improve anything. Yes they had been for a long time a innovator and helped bring us to where we are now in many fields, such as Music (Jobs insisting on selling Songs for 1$ on his store) MP3 and the cell phone where greatly improved because of jobs. But what now? With the next Iphone I've herd they are adding Public transit to there maps... Great. Something Google has already had. They are now getting into the home device market, and the watch market. Google has already started a home device market. And Great

Long Story Short.

Apple is a "Trend" why else whould you pay 500$ more 6 months latter to buy some new B.S. phone with new software? Its bushwa and Frankly I don't see apple making much of a effort to catch up and be in front of the game Innovation wise any more.

Last edited:
J

justinisloco

Not gonna lie, the iOS 8 seemed very interesting to me. I like the integration with group messaging as well as some of the other Dev features that will help with app building in the future. Also the intergration with osx was amazing. That's something that I really like, as I'm using mac computer 99% of the time.

Unfortunately, I will have to consider the iPhone 6 depending of I really like it enough, as my work email will only work on iPhone now. Will have to wait and see. The one thing I do love about my phone is wireless charging and Google play music integration, but I'll probably go to an apple store on the weekend and pick tue brain of the techiest guy I see and see what android compares and my normal everyday usage on android and what iPhone can offer. I know Google now is superior in every way that I use android, but I think I tinker more with my phone than I use it.

Ph0enix_216

1.) Gapless audio playback
2.) iMessage
3.) GarageBand

I have yet to find any of these or their equivalents for Android yet. Not that I'm dissing my lovely Kindle Fire ;)

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<

ant_pg

Jun 3, 2014
I actually think iOS looks much better than Android. However, it lacks personalization. I have my Android as I like it, not as Google does. If I could have my Iphone the way I like it, I might consider it. Still, I think iPhones are way overpriced. So a more resonable price, plus ability to customize, and they would win me over.

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
Even if it had more customization, easier use of alternate apps, better integration of certain features that I use regularly, I still wouldn't switch.

Apple's abuse of litigation to stifle innovation from other companies rather than still innovating themselves is pathetic, and as long as that goes on they won't get a dollar from me.

D

Darth

IPhone is a nice piece of equipment. No one sensible can deny it. But, my Moto X was phenomenal too.....but like the iPhone, tho not as bad....it was boring, for me anyway. And now I have an N5.

My wife wanted a 5s....but since she happily got my Moto X....she never wants another iPhone. ;)

A_Troll_

Jun 4, 2014
I used to have an iPhone for a good while, I've never looked back after switching to my first Android, and until the iPhone starts printing valid money for me I don't think I'll ever consider getting another.

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Never have. Never will.

Jailbroken iPod touch with mic'd headphones is the closest I've come.

I've worked on my fair share, however.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sharpie24l

Jun 4, 2014
Gainesville, FL
First issue is I just don't like iOs. Just isn't my cup of tea I guess. Second is the price I can't see how to justify the price for what you get. Call me cheap but its one reason I have a nexus. I mean last night I rooted safe strapped and liquidsmoothed my droid 4 because my girlfriend needed a "new" phone. (It runs butter smooth and having a QWERTY keyboard I definitely got lucky....at 8 am when I finally got the root script to work...)

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
I have had a fair share of apple devices. And I can say. They're not durable at all... I have had two iPhones and 4 iPod Touches, and they're all broken. They just break easily and you can't do anything fun on it. Its blant. The other day, my brother purchased a hard steel metal side cade for his 5s and he bolted it onto his iPhone. And he was showing me it, then bam! It slipped and the iPhone fell and landing on my Nexus 5's screen. And I saw no damage at all, It dropped from a good 25cm. Noe imagine if my phone was in a steel case and the same thing happened.

Get my point? Apple hasn't been innovative and great from the past few years. They're just stealing features of Android and making it look like theirs. And yes, I'm an Android FanBoy.

spinnersp

Jun 10, 2014
All I've ever had for a smart phone has been iphones..Just got my first android tab(working on rooting it).So far I'm likin' it.My next phone is going to be a droid,ain't giving apple another cent for their overpriced locked down sh!t.:p