[Update 20-Sep-08 Manila 2D skin Now Available] HTC Diamond Theme for SPB MS2.1

Search This thread

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Do you intend to compile VGA version? I so need it!

I don't have a VGA device.

It's not an easy port to VGA devices. I will have to rewrite the layouts as the positions of the images are hard-coded. It's not an easy task. The VGA version may wait until I have a VGA device myself! :)

Seriously, sorry but you may have to wait for others to make this for you.

Or if someone donates a VGA device, Iwould be very much willing to spend time in doing the VGA version. :p

lepsyfou

I don't have a VGA device.

It's not an easy port to VGA devices. I will have to rewrite the layouts as the positions of the images are hard-coded. It's not an easy task. The VGA version may wait until I have a VGA device myself! :)

Seriously, sorry but you may have to wait for others to make this for you.

Or if someone donates a VGA device, Iwould be very much willing to spend time in doing the VGA version. :p

lol you reserved :D my friend

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
thanks for the appreciation guys. I spent so much time and effort in doing this theme. Thanks much for appreciating. :)

Now, can somebody please post some really nice wallpapers to go with this theme so I can add to the collection. Personally, I'm not too happy with the Diamond Wallpapers i posted. But I just included them because of requests. hehe :p

mtkates

Jan 29, 2008
Yukon
Background

thanks for the appreciation guys. I spent so much time and effort in doing this theme. Thanks much for appreciating. :)

Now, can somebody please post some really nice wallpapers to go with this theme so I can add to the collection. Personally, I'm not too happy with the Diamond Wallpapers i posted. But I just included them because of requests. hehe :p

This background works pretty good when you use transparent icons/clocks/etc.

P.S. The screenshots are from an older version. I just re-did it with your new version-Looks Amazing! (in my humble opinion)

Attachments

• WindowsFieldP.jpg
    WindowsFieldP.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 280
  • WindowsFieldL.jpg
    WindowsFieldL.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 115
  • WindowsField.jpg
    WindowsField.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
This background works pretty good when you use transparent icons/clocks/etc.

P.S. The screenshots are from an older version. I just re-did it with your new version-Looks Amazing! (in my humble opinion)

Thanks! I'll try to work on this one. But will use the opaque clocks/icons for the meantime. It will take much time editing if I do the transparent ones now. :)

carl99

Nov 12, 2007
Hi,

Greatbal - love your theme work!!

One question - before Diamond 1.2 I tried "diamond burnt orange" theme and in that theme the small unread counters for mail, sms and missed calls are in orange and in Diamond 1.2 they are in green. Which file can I find this info in?

What I want to do is to use Aurora style in orange but with orange unread counters ... and then maybe use the aurora style in orange as background and not change all other theme colors to orange, except the unread counters ...

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Looks amazing Greatbal! You have truly made my day :)

Would it be possible for someone to please make cab files of the various layouts? Or at least layout C and H?
Thanks so much!

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Hi,

One question - before Diamond 1.2 I tried "diamond burnt orange" theme and in that theme the small unread counters for mail, sms and missed calls are in orange and in Diamond 1.2 they are in green. Which file can I find this info in?

What I want to do is to use Aurora style in orange but with orange unread counters ... and then maybe use the aurora style in orange as background and not change all other theme colors to orange, except the unread counters ...

You can edit the qa_status.dat to change the unread counters to whichever color you like.

marfanuk

Jun 20, 2007
Hi,

They were my themes with the coloured counters. You can do this by extracting the qa_status.dat file from my theme then overwriting it onto greatbals.

I might redo these themes if its ok with greatbal and post them here.

Last edited:

powerintake

Jun 15, 2008
Thank You..

Thanks....Excellent job...Much appreciated for all your hard work Greatbal

Can someone help me to add Wireless Manager and Volume Control on Today Screen like in other variations of this theme....

megapluis

Dec 15, 2007
Good!I like it very much you've outdone yourself Thank you!

Now version 1.2 (Still for QVGA devices only, optimized for Portrait Mode with Lanscape Support)

Version 1.1 here... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2239209&postcount=1245

What's New:

1) Color Background Compatible - Fixed (Thanks to azzambm for the HTC Diamond Wallpapers)
2) Color Theme Compatible (see post#2) - Added BaseHueExpress.exe application to change color theme (post #2)
3) Improved Weather Icons! - Thanks to azzambm for the png files
4) SPB Phone Suite Compatible (see Note#3) - Thanks to y1mrn
5) Clicking DialTab from TodayScreen brings up Weather Page - Fixed
6) Minor fixes/enhancements - Thanks to y1mrn for the selection fixes.

Preview1.png

--------------------------
OPTIONS:

1) Black and White Digital Clock
2) B&W and Colored Main Menu Icons

Preview2.png

3) Background Images

Preview3.png

Different Layouts:

1) Layout A
- Full version, similar to the original version

2) Layout B
- Similar to Full Version but with single NowScreen (Choose between Analog and Digital under SPB Settings)

3) Layout C
- Single NowScreen (Choose between Analog and Digital under SPB Settings)
- No MRU
- Single Contacts Page
Note: Gesture left and right to change between pages

4) Layout H
- Similar to C, but replaced Calendar tab with MRU. The Calendar can be accessed by clicking on the large Digital or Analog clock on the NowScreen.

Notes:

1) Download the zip file from the link below. Unzip on your hard drive.

2) Choose a layout and copy the dat files from the appropriate layout folder to your device (\Program Files\SPB Mobile Shell)

2) Copy the dat files from the Optional folder if you would like to use the alternative Icons/Digital Clock/Background images or if you have SPB Phone Suite installed on your device.

3) For SPB Phone Suite users, copy the dat file from the "For SPB Phone Suite Users - Place files in SPB Phone Suite folder" to your SPB Phone Suite directory (\Program Files\SPB Phone SUite)

4) Don't froget to soft-reset your device for the changes to take effect.

*** Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8IYA6VM

(External link above, Having difficulty attaching files...)

Download mirrors by jarotbudiono: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2326739&postcount=22

bluemetalaxe

Jan 8, 2008
hallo, thanks for your good work. Now i like mobile shell :D
i`m new with mobile shell and therefore some little qestions, i´m sorry but dont wanna read thousands of sides in other threads:
1. email always opens with outlook email not with my specific email account ?
2. Any chance to change the weather text or the "programs-mru" text to german or other languages ?
3. any chance to change the icons in mobile shell under "programs-mru" without hacking the dlls ?
thank you

Benitezwalter

Jun 1, 2008
I didn't have enough time enjoying the previous one :D

but man this is simply amazing.

I am using the "W" version, should I expect a new version? ;)

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Status Icons in Different Colors

Screenshot:

preview5jt7.png

The zip file attached contains the dat files for the following colors:

1) Maroon
2) Gold
3) Indigo
4) Grass
5) Ocean
6) Orange
7) Orchid
8) Purple
9) Violet

Download file, unzip on your HD, choose your desired color, and copy the corresponding qa_status.dat file to your device (\Program Files\SPB Mobile Shell)

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just downloaded v2.1 and it's doing the same thing v2.0 was doing to me. The aligning is off when I click on something. Can anyone tell me how to fix?

And can I get the fire background from v1.2 on this?

Get back to me ASAP please. I'm getting muy frustrated.

Thanks!!

Oh, and just an FYI... on v2.1 when you're changing the color scheme.. you can't go BACK.. you can only to MORE (colors)

If you are using Mobile Shell ver 2.1.1 (the newest version) that is probably what is wrong. A lot of people are having problems with this skin and the newest version of Mobile Shell. We are trying to work with SPB to find out what is wrong. In the mean time, I would suggest installing Mobile Shell version 2.1.0 which can be found as a link in this thread or I am told you can find it on the SPB website under previous versions.

As far as other backgrounds, some new ones have been posted in this thread that offer landscape support for Diamond v2.1, although I don't know if the one you are requesting is included or not.

I see that these are your first 2 post to XDA so I'll be gentle. When you find something on XDA that you like and want to use, please take the time to read the entire thread where you found it. This problem has been reported several times in this thread already. I know it can take a lot of time to read some of these posts, but you might be surprised at what you can learn and your questions may already be answered.

I hope this helps and you get it working properly, it's a great skin for a great program., and WELCOME to XDA!