4.06.605.3 update is hitting phones as we type!

Search This thread

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
Screwed with it for a while and got low space gone, but I'm about to go to cm7 on this one anyway. I use cm7 but my daughter wanted stock rooted. The location warning on every reboot is about the last straw.

Sent from Droid Incredible using TapaTalk Pro

swindelljd

Mar 13, 2010
Has anyone had problems with their speaker after applying the OTA? Mine seems to have stopped working. Reboots and messing with audio profiles don't seem to help. Mic and headphones still work fine.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Has anyone had problems with their speaker after applying the OTA? Mine seems to have stopped working. Reboots and messing with audio profiles don't seem to help. Mic and headphones still work fine.

Did it go out slowly or just all of a sudden? What i mean by that is did you ever have problems before like scratchyness or clicking or anything, or did it work one minute and not the next? Have you tried installing another rom, or reverting back to froyo and see if it works then? Are you using a custom kernel?

swindelljd

Mar 13, 2010
Did it go out slowly or just all of a sudden? What i mean by that is did you ever have problems before like scratchyness or clicking or anything, or did it work one minute and not the next? Have you tried installing another rom, or reverting back to froyo and see if it works then? Are you using a custom kernel?

It went out all of a sudden after I installed the OTA. It now suddenly has returned. I think plugging in headphones and unplugging them fixed it but I am not positive. Very strange.

SKA-T

Jul 16, 2011

My friend has a stock, unrooted Inc that just got upgraded the other day and hasn't had any problems like that at all.

thecolonel20

Jan 11, 2009
Haven't gotten mine yet either! Any idea how much longer before it's hit everywhere? I'm in WV. Maybe I'm just too impatient. Can't wait to see if it improves battery life, and being able to skip songs from the notification bar will be nice too.

LoveJiuJitsu

Aug 14, 2010
No update here for my wife's or my Incredible's. Wish they would do away with OTA altogether, especially with caps in place now.

thecolonel20

Jan 11, 2009
Funny thing is it took just a few days to get it when the 2.2 update went out. I guess I figured it would be about the same wait for 2.3, but it seems it isn't the same order as list time. Guess I'll just keep waiting. Never rooted, but this is the last update this phone is getting, so if the update isn't great I'll probably go for it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Funny thing is it took just a few days to get it when the 2.2 update went out. I guess I figured it would be about the same wait for 2.3, but it seems it isn't the same order as list time. Guess I'll just keep waiting. Never rooted, but this is the last update this phone is getting, so if the update isn't great I'll probably go for it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

if you accept the update you won't be able to root currently.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

veroson

Dec 16, 2008
nothing in MD yet either. But I've decided to root tonight anyway since I won't be able to root if I take OTA.
But still , I find it interesting that I haven't seen the update yet. Maybe they are holding the mass release until they work out some bugs???

zoomy942

Jun 5, 2007
nothing in MD yet either. But I've decided to root tonight anyway since I won't be able to root if I take OTA.
But still , I find it interesting that I haven't seen the update yet. Maybe they are holding the mass release until they work out some bugs???

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I changed my build.prop to say i was on froyo 2.1 thinking mabey it would skip the 2.2 update and give me gb but no luck, just offered froyo 2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32165623/e5..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

this is the update they just pushed if that's what you guys are looking for...i pulled it from my phone after it downloaded from the stock rom i had
    Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I made a zip of the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. I hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from a full nandroid

Here is a screen shot of the software information page.

20110903012301.png
    OK, here is the multiupload link:

http://www.multiupload.com/R9UY66N3J9

MD5: DCBA30A164327C4F6903ABF0222C5E9A (from HashTab v3.0.0)

Filename: 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

This is the OTA from my phone currently at:
    Build number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys
    Baseband version: 2.15.00.07.28

Copied from /cache on my phone after getting the OTA notification.

Thanks to the devs in advance. Hope this helps.

Todd
    pdf from Verizon's website

Please the attached pdf file.

NOTE: Edited post contains the original pdf file after I compacted the file using Adobe Acrobat to meet the size requirement of the forum.
    Does it show the new version number under system in settings?

BTW what changes were you expecting? This late in the game I would think this is a very minor update.

Ohhhhhh and also could you post or rehost the new .zip you made so I (or others) coudl try and flash it?

No it does not show the new version number and all files are still same size. I wasnt expecting major changes but i at least expected the build.prop to change. Here is my modified file if anyone wants to give it a try.

http://dinc.does-it.net/ota_605.2_TO_605.3.zip