[DISCONTINUED] Android Recovery Manager 1.2.1.0

Search This thread

sparkienl

Jun 6, 2008
@home
storage of recovery files

There is a new recovery "RUU_Pyramid_LE_HTC_Europe_1.73.401.4_signed" for the Sensation XE, do you have to implant a new recovery every time??? or can we put it in the DATA folder and can we make a choice out of these by your program:confused:

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
There is a new recovery "RUU_Pyramid_LE_HTC_Europe_1.73.401.4_signed" for the Sensation XE, do you have to implant a new recovery every time??? or can we put it in the DATA folder and can we make a choice out of these by your program:confused:

My program can flash any recovery, this recovery could be either from your PC or from the download page.
In the case where you want to install a recovery that is not available, you can follow Step 1 to 5 from here and when you extract the "recovery_signed.img":
1. Open the Android Recovery Manager
2. Press "Start!"
3. Select "Browse for a recovery image on your Hard Disk"
4. Select from there the recovery you extracted.

Anyway, I don't see the point why you want to install stock recovery of the newest software :D

P.S: The recovery will be added to the download page in hours ;)

Reactions: sparkienl

sparkienl

Jun 6, 2008
@home
No, the rom was already on the device,I did the OTA update.
Then I installed the CWM 5020 recovery and installed a custom rom:)

dreko2000

Dec 16, 2009
hi my friend..its a greatprogram if i understood right..

i am on stock rom (never flashed a custom rom or kernel) and just s /off and rooted . but i cant install the new 9 mb OTA because of clockwork RM. people say i need stock recovery..

can i install stock recovery with your program without loosing root? and install OTA without a problem?

thanks for help.:)

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
hi my friend..its a greatprogram if i understood right..

i am on stock rom (never flashed a custom rom or kernel) and just s /off and rooted . but i cant install the new 9 mb OTA because of clockwork RM. people say i need stock recovery..

can i install stock recovery with your program without loosing root? and install OTA without a problem?

thanks for help.:)

of-course you can!
Let's say you have Software Version 1.73.401.2:
2. Press "Start!"
3. Press "Download a recovery"
4. Select your device model, like "Sensation" or "Sensation XE" (talking about 1.73.401.2 is Sensation XE so I chose "HTC Sensation XE")
5. Select the software version which in this case is "Europe 1.73.401.2"
6. Select "I agree" and click download.
7. The application will do all the rest ;)

When you successfully install your recovery, follow step 13 to 17 on this thread to install OTA update.

You can after that install ClockWorkMod from the application after that. ;)
Good luck :D

dreko2000

Dec 16, 2009
of-course you can!
Let's say you have Software Version 1.73.401.2:
2. Press "Start!"
3. Press "Download a recovery"
4. Select your device model, like "Sensation" or "Sensation XE" (talking about 1.73.401.2 is Sensation XE so I chose "HTC Sensation XE")
5. Select the software version which in this case is "Europe 1.73.401.2"
6. Select "I agree" and click download.
7. The application will do all the rest ;)

When you successfully install your recovery, follow step 13 to 17 on this thread to install OTA update.

You can after that install ClockWorkMod from the application after that. ;)
Good luck :D

thank you my friend for explanation..i will try it this evening and gonna feedback.

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
I commend you buddy, for making software like this. For the effort. But I must state what I initially thought, this software will do MOST of the XDA community an injustice. You see, if the NEWB's do not learn what they are doing to their phones then they will come to you and blame you for messing them up.

Anyone that wants to root they're phone. Wants a custom recover. Wants to flash custom ROM's. Wants to make backups. Wants to restore they're phone, etc. etc. should learn how to do. Otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of people yelling at you and pointing fingers because while flashing they're phone something happened and no they have a brick.

Worse than what I just described, is a bunch of people using your software but having issues getting it to work. Can you imagine 200 posts a day asking, "I did x and now I have y."

Again, I commend the effort, and I will give your software a go but NO MATTER what ANYONE says, even you in your main post, there is huge benefits in learning ADB, Fastboot, Difference between Bootloader/Recover/ROM. There is even more benefit in learning the dangers of flashing bootloaders and radio's. There is HUGE benefit in learning and knowing that the latest and greatest is usually NOT the greatest. Benefits in knowing that flashing a TEST or ENGINEERING build of a ROM usually means there will be bugs and issues. I could go on. Basically I'm saying that giving a newb software like yours just means they will flash whatever and blame you because something isn't working anymore.

Just my .02

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
EDIT!

sorry my friend..your program worked fine i think..the reason is i deleted some unnecessary programs like stocks etc..

thanks again
It's okay :D
Thank you for your feedback :)

I commend you buddy, for making software like this. For the effort. But I must state what I initially thought, this software will do MOST of the XDA community an injustice. You see, if the NEWB's do not learn what they are doing to their phones then they will come to you and blame you for messing them up.

Anyone that wants to root they're phone. Wants a custom recover. Wants to flash custom ROM's. Wants to make backups. Wants to restore they're phone, etc. etc. should learn how to do. Otherwise you'll end up with a bunch of people yelling at you and pointing fingers because while flashing they're phone something happened and no they have a brick.

Worse than what I just described, is a bunch of people using your software but having issues getting it to work. Can you imagine 200 posts a day asking, "I did x and now I have y."

Again, I commend the effort, and I will give your software a go but NO MATTER what ANYONE says, even you in your main post, there is huge benefits in learning ADB, Fastboot, Difference between Bootloader/Recover/ROM. There is even more benefit in learning the dangers of flashing bootloaders and radio's. There is HUGE benefit in learning and knowing that the latest and greatest is usually NOT the greatest. Benefits in knowing that flashing a TEST or ENGINEERING build of a ROM usually means there will be bugs and issues. I could go on. Basically I'm saying that giving a newb software like yours just means they will flash whatever and blame you because something isn't working anymore.

Just my .02
I take no responsibilities for anything that may happen to any device, if someone wants to do something manually, nobody told him not to do so.
If somebody points fingers to me because anything happened to their device, I'll laugh. of course I'll try helping him, but that doesn't mean I'm responsible of his device, even the steps I'll give him if anything happened wrong, is still under his responsibility.

I know almost everything about adb and fastboot, but using my program eases everything. This application wasn't created for noobs only, it was also created for people not wanting to do everything manually. It really eases a bunch, click on a button and you have a new recovery. I, personally used to use it every time I was about to switch recoveries.

I never said that it's not important to know how to use adb and fastboot and how to flash new recoveries/roms/hboot/radios/etc.. That's why I made the newer version to create logs, that will let people have an eye on what's happening and how to manage adb and fastboot.

I hope you understand what I mean :)
Thanks for your reply, those are great tips for newbs ;)

Hey OP, do a Linux version of your Android Recovery Manager :D

Thanks
That's gonna be hard :D I'm using C# as the programming language :D
If I use Java later on, I'll surely make it for linux ;)

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Version 1.2.0.0 has been released!
Enjoy :D

Code:
Changelog:
v1.2.0.0
* More powerful ADB and Fasboot commanders.
* Added logging, the application now saves every output by the commands executed, to an XML file.
* Flashing should now be faster and safer then before.
* When flashing a recovery, the application doesn't terminate any fastboot process, if any fastboot process is found opened, the application waits until the user closes it and then starts flashing.

Reactions: sparkienl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even though the software is still working for many, I do not provide any more support for it.
    I've been caught up with college, and it's been really hard to manage everything.
    So from here, I would like to announce that I am discontinuing this product but will still keep it online.
    Thanks guys for your support, and sorry about that!

Hey guys!
    I'm proud to introduce you my application "Android Recovery Manager".

What is this application for?
    As its name says, it is a Recovery Manager. It can flash any recovery you want by a single click.

What you get?
    - You don't need to understand a single ADB or fastboot command. The application manages everything on its own.
    - Up-to-date list of Stock Recoveries for almost all RUUs. ** Request your recovery if it's not available, and it'll be added as soon as possible **
    - The application is only one file, the required files such as ADB and fastboot are compressed inside the application, and extracted to a folder in ProgramData on run-time.
    - You can import recoveries from your computer or the application can download a recovery for you.
    - Multiple devices supported, if you have more than a phone connected, the application will recognize them and will let you choose between them.
    - Integrated MD5 comparison system, if the downloaded recovery doesn't have the right MD5, the application downloads it again until it gets the right MD5.
    - If you want to install a FOTA, you'll need to flash a recovery matching the one with your Stock ROM to successfully install the update. You can find and flash this recovery in no time using the application. (A full step-by-step guide can be found here.)
    - A full XML log is created with all the commands executed and the output of the applications in a very neat way, making it easy to understand any error that occurred. If you don't don't understand the log, you can send it to me, and I'll help you as much as I can to fix the problem for you!

Known Bugs
    * Windows XP users are having problems with the GUI colors. For a temporary fix, download Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - XP Fix

I am not responsible of your device, do whatever you want to it at your own risk. Anything that may happen to your device is under your responsibility.

N.B: If it ever happens to you that the application or even fastboot.exe crashes while doing anything, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE.
    If the bootloader seems unresponsive, never get your battery off. Just wait until it gets responding again.

Compatibility:
    The application has been tested under Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and it has been confirmed to work on both.

Requirements:
    - .NET Framework 3.5
    - HTC Fastboot Drivers

Screenshots:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download:
    Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - EXE
    Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - Installer

Older version can be found here.

20,000 downloads and counting!
    Code:
    v1.2.1.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/4005defe7125892aeca988fa502f9c2a"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/ae9968aaf11591cb9f522f758b9c2692"]EXE[/URL])
    * Fixed closing issues.
    * Updated the application's interface.
    * Everything now created by the application is created in ProgramData (Windows Vista and 7 users).
    * Running the application from the drive containing Windows no longer crashes the application.
    * Improved the way the application manages the folders.
    * You can now access the 'Logs' and 'Data' folders by clicking "Browse -> Logs" or "Browse -> Downloaded Recoveries".

v1.2.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/a5f09c3e713e4194973dc720b41906ad"]EXE[/URL])
    * More powerful ADB and Fasboot commanders.
    * Added logging, the application now saves every output by the commands executed, to an XML file.
    * Flashing should now be faster and safer then before.
    * When flashing a recovery, the application doesn't terminate any fastboot process, if any fastboot process is found opened, the application waits until the user closes it and then starts flashing.

v1.1.0.0 (Unreleased)
    * Using .NET Framework 3.5 instead of 4.0.
    * Cleaned up coding.
    * Changed the UI design.
    * Rewrote from scratch ADB and fastboot commanders.
    * Closing the application should now close without any problems.

v.1.0.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/download.php?file=46605457fde1586c658ad8c6ee3a64db"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/4dba98cb3d92d508c4e1a8f8b49165cd"]EXE[/URL])
    * Initial Release.

Special Thanks to:
    * raj2022 - All the European Recoveries.
    * frederikh - All the Recoveries.
    * the_scotsman - Telstra WWE Recovery.
    * dansharpy - Testing.
    I am going to try this asap, seems like a good software.
    First post updated!
    The application is now available for download!

Tell me what you think ;)
    Hey guys,

I am sorry to announce that I am not providing any more support for the Android Recovery Manager, and am discontinuing it.
    List of recoveries may not work anymore, however, you can still provide your own recovery and it will work just fine (under your own risk though).

Stay awesome guys!
    Thanks for your support :)
    Net. Framework 4 is only for W7...
    Wasn't tested on XP yet, but as long as you have the HTC Drivers and .NET Framework 4 installed, everything's supposed to work fine.

Install it normally, download the file "Android Recovery Manager - Installer" and you'll find the setup in it, follow the steps on screen and you'll have a shortcut on your desktop when the installations is completed!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App