Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

Can it be upgraded to windows mobile??

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wisam_wrds, Junior Member on 2nd April 2010, 12:09 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CAN IT BE UPGRADED TO WINDOWS MOBILE??

does it support windows mobile to be installed on it??

2nd April 2010, 12:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Even if it's possible, I don't think "upgrading" is the correct term.
2nd April 2010, 12:16 AM |#3  
Flag chicago
Thanks Meter: 9

More
he might means wp7S
2nd April 2010, 12:21 AM |#4  

More
Why would you buy a brand new Android phone and even want to change the OS - astounded!!
2nd April 2010, 12:28 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
I think he means "porting" to WM. I am also wondering if this would be possible to port to WM7S with this device, although, strict hardware chassis requirements would be required (Back, Start and Search button on all Windows Phone 7 Series devices).
2nd April 2010, 12:34 AM |#6  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I didnt think it was possible to run WM on an android phone, i always thought that android on WM was only possible
2nd April 2010, 12:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Currently, there is no way of installing Windows Mobile on any Android phone

But you can install Android on Windows Mobile on selected devices.
2nd April 2010, 12:44 AM |#8  
Flag Sittingbourne, Kent
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Porting WP7 to the desire would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. WP7 is going to be even more watered down than the iPhone OS, and a trident based web browser... no thanks
2nd April 2010, 01:04 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Oh dear, getting deja vu feelings here. Let's say it's a recurring topic when new Android devices come out And every time the replies are about the same lol :P
2nd April 2010, 02:17 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
WP7 offers classic mode
If the news is true and not an April Fool's joke, WP7 will offer a classic mode download once it's launched and we will be able to run all wm6.5.3 programs on it, similar to WinXP mode on Win7. This will be a good reason to port over to WP7 right?

Edit:
Oh well, after doing just a bit more googling it appears to be just another joke.
2nd April 2010, 02:55 AM |#11  
Flag Maastricht

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasher

If the news is true and not an April Fool's joke, WP7 will offer a classic mode download once it's launched and we will be able to run all wm6.5.3 programs on it, similar to WinXP mode on Win7. This will be a good reason to port over to WP7 right?

Edit:
Oh well, after doing just a bit more googling it appears to be just another joke.

I actually believe it would be easier just to make kind of Windows Mobile emulator or virtualization, something like wine on linux to run wm classic software on android rather than porting to proprietary platform
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread