275 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By DarkVasyaK, Senior Member on 21st February 2010, 11:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th March 2010, 11:03 AM |#141  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,151

More
Now that the Desire is out, who can say which one is better??
Battery life,speaker output,camera...

28th March 2010, 04:51 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

Now that the Desire is out, who can say which one is better??
Battery life,speaker output,camera...

Yeah, I would like to know the same
28th March 2010, 04:55 PM |#143  
Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 788

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cez10

so that means desire must have dedicated gpu which means techradar was wrong

Of course it has a GPU! It's integrated into the SoC, just like the Nexus Ones. All QSD8250s have the same GPU afaik
1st April 2010, 10:33 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Recorded video using HTC Desire
recorded a video using HTC Desire, not really impressed by the results. Check the video on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB707-rRaTA

I used following settings while recording the video.

Resolution: WVGA (800 x 480)
Encoding type: MPEG4
Metering mode: Average
Flicker adjustment: Auto
Auto Focus: On
Face detection: On

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprecate

-camera- who cares. i barely take pictures with my phone...video? never.
-loudspeaker-that is an issue with the n1 for me.
-screen during direct light - yep, another annoyance with the n1.
-sense- already ported over but not something i use. so for me, this falls under the "meh" category of selling points.
-flash- the desire has flash lite right now; does the final have lite still? again, the lite version has been ported over and again, until it is full fledged flash, this is another "meh" for me.
-hardware buttons- the only hardware buttons I miss are found on the physical keyboard from the G1. Beyond that, I am quite okay with the softkeys present on the n1.

802.11 draft N is a nice selling point. The fact that the n1 was rooted before it was available (thank you google) is a good selling point (for those of us who care about that sort of thing). The developer community for the n1 is quite nice...I'm curious to see who takes on the desire.

At the end of the day, if you are happy with the purchase you have made, then who cares what others think (unless you are the type of person that has to justify everything to themself ). I regret nothing about buying a launch n1 only to have to sell it to offset the cost of an n1 that will use the 3g bands my carrier utilizes...I hope those who wind up with a Desire are just as pleased with their decision.

11th April 2010, 08:13 AM |#145  
Flag Herzeliya

More
Guys,
I'm also now choosing between N1 and Desire. Looks like it's not a problem to put a Sense-free rom on Desire and additional memory is only advantage.

But I'm really looking into Noise Cancellation on Nexus One. Does anyone can tell how good is it? Does it really help in noisy environment?

Also other concerns are:

- Track pad on N1, since I'm living in High Humidity environment even my Hero and Blackberries' track pads are dying here quite often :(

Could you please comment on that?
11th April 2010, 08:24 AM |#146  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phoenix

Guys,
I'm also now choosing between N1 and Desire. Looks like it's not a problem to put a Sense-free rom on Desire and additional memory is only advantage.

But I'm really looking into Noise Cancellation on Nexus One. Does anyone can tell how good is it? Does it really help in noisy environment?

Also other concerns are:

- Track pad on N1, since I'm living in High Humidity environment even my Hero and Blackberries' track pads are dying here quite often :(

Could you please comment on that?

Quote:

Underneath the cover you'll see that the camera, LED flash and loud speaker are at the same positions on both devices, except for the missing noise-canceling secondary mic on the Nexus One. Are we missing much with just one mic? Not really -- in our comparison test, we noticed that calls made on the Desire (using the same O2 SIM card) are muddled only ever so slightly, and the phone certainly doesn't peeve your ears with distorted background noise as produced by the Nexus One

have a look at the second video of the engadget review and you will get your answer on noise cancellation

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/01/htc-desire-review/
11th April 2010, 03:40 PM |#147  
Flag B.F.E. Illinois
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkan

have a look at the second video of the engadget review and you will get your answer on noise cancellation

Had I not seen/heard it, I wouldn't have believed it. Thanks for the video...

BUT

What we don't know is the location of the source of audio he used. The voice mic can't differentiate between what you do and don't want someone to hear. But it will cancel out what it hears through the back speaker vs. the front speaker. If the guy had the speakers in front of him, it wouldn't make a difference. If they were dead behind him, like background noise would be, you should hear a difference. If I use my Touch Pro in the car, people can tell how loud and shitty my car is. When I'm using the Nexus One, they think I'm at home. That tells me it makes a difference. My friends are habitual complainers.

-Mc
11th April 2010, 06:43 PM |#148  
Flag Herzeliya

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkan

Thanks a lot, that answers my question.
11th April 2010, 07:59 PM |#149  
Flag Herzeliya

More
And quick question to the owners: Does N1 or Desire support Exchange 2007 with SSL or still only with 3rd party application only?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)