[COMP]Google N1 vs HTC Desire

275 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By DarkVasyaK, Senior Member on 21st February 2010, 11:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2010, 12:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
I'm thinking the desire may be better quality build (minus the dust prob and hardware buttons which some may view as a plus or minus, I having lived with capacitive buttons for a year, despise them). Although I would much prefer the option to have either sense or the standard android, and as I'm not familiar with android and their homescreens, is this possible on a stock desire rom?

From what I can tell, sense is mostly just a theme along with widgets, so change the theme and then don't use the widgets right?

23rd February 2010, 12:14 AM |#12  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 29

More
It's 99% Likely you'll be able to flash stock 2.1 android... A Nexus one rom, providing you root
23rd February 2010, 12:44 AM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiesteven

It's 99% Likely you'll be able to flash stock 2.1 android... A Nexus one rom, providing you root

Yea, not sure i'd want to root, already been down that path with my blackstone. hmmmm.......
23rd February 2010, 01:14 AM |#14  
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlinePredator

Yea, not sure i'd want to root, already been down that path with my blackstone. hmmmm.......

Technically you should just be able to install Launcher2.apk and switch between Sense home and Stock Android Home. Although you'd still have all the Sense apps ie contacts etc but you'd be able to replace these too.
23rd February 2010, 02:54 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummiesteven

What are your reasons for not wanting Sense UI?

Well i have not actually used Sense, just some of the Roms on my Fuze that try to mimic it. It might just be the Windows Mobile underlying that makes me hate the HTC skin, im just annoyed with it all. Using the stock android on my phone, even with the odd glitches here and there due to the early port, leaves me feeling much more free and happier with my phone.
23rd February 2010, 05:24 AM |#16  

More
I'm thinking nexus, purely as I don't want to root my device (hehehe root my device.....)

Although I do prefer the optical trackpad and the hardware buttons.......grrr hard decisions...
23rd February 2010, 07:11 PM |#17  
Flag Hagerstown, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 175

More
For me, it will come down to which one I can get AT&T 3G on. The phones are almost identical, and I will surely root/flash it, so the stock ROM won't matter. I do think the Nexus looks better, and will probably get better support from Google.
24th February 2010, 12:07 AM |#18  

More
Motoroi is looking better than both at the moment though......except of course looks lol. But with hdmi out, 720p recording and 8mp camera with xenon flash.....v.nice! Wonder if they seriously think a 550mhz chip will suffice though?
24th February 2010, 04:26 PM |#19  
Flag Kassel
Thanks Meter: 0

More
htc Desire^^ because I dont like the trackball, and I LOVE the Sense UI
24th February 2010, 04:53 PM |#20  
Flag Hagerstown, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:

Motoroi is looking better than both at the moment though......except of course looks lol. But with hdmi out, 720p recording and 8mp camera with xenon flash.....v.nice! Wonder if they seriously think a 550mhz chip will suffice though?

Just looked up the Motoroi for the 1st time... looks kinda pathetic next to the Desire and Nexus..

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=2251&id3=2218
24th February 2010, 09:03 PM |#21  
Flag Birmingham

More
Quote:

Apart from the camera that phone is not much better than the T-Mobile Mytouch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)