By DarkVasyaK, Senior Member on 22nd February 2010, 12:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2010, 10:03 PM |#21  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlinePredator

Motoroi is looking better than both at the moment though......except of course looks lol. But with hdmi out, 720p recording and 8mp camera with xenon flash.....v.nice! Wonder if they seriously think a 550mhz chip will suffice though?

Apart from the camera that phone is not much better than the T-Mobile Mytouch

24th February 2010, 11:14 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:

Wonder if it will have the same screen as nexus ... if so that will suck.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/02/th...isplay-secret/

It's been known that it is only a software issue of how the Android OS scales the images. See the thread in the Nexus One forum. I personally tested it on my Nexus One and using a 3rd party photo viewer, I do not get any banding issues.

Quote:

Motoroi is looking better than both at the moment though......except of course looks lol. But with hdmi out, 720p recording and 8mp camera with xenon flash.....v.nice! Wonder if they seriously think a 550mhz chip will suffice though?

I like the Motoroi too. The 550mhz clock speed doesn't mean much for the A8 arm cortex cpu. The performance of the chip is on par with the snapdragon.
26th February 2010, 05:07 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Nexus One over Desire:
Active noise cancellation
Dimensions - slightly slimmer and lighter
Physical Trackball

Desire over Nexus One:
FM radio with RDS
Optical Trackball
More RAM (576 vs 512 mb)
Physical keys
DivX support out of the box

It's a very close call for me. The main points are the Noise Cancellation on the N1 vs the physical keys on the Desire. In the end, I think the touch-sensitive keys on the N1 would bug the hell out of me, so I'm leaning towards the Desire.
28th February 2010, 10:35 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i also think the physical keys is important issue for me.
going for the desire
28th February 2010, 03:29 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by losdrivare

Nexus One over Desire:
Active noise cancellation
Dimensions - slightly slimmer and lighter
Physical Trackball

Desire over Nexus One:
FM radio with RDS
Optical Trackball
More RAM (576 vs 512 mb)
Physical keys
DivX support out of the box

It's a very close call for me. The main points are the Noise Cancellation on the N1 vs the physical keys on the Desire. In the end, I think the touch-sensitive keys on the N1 would bug the hell out of me, so I'm leaning towards the Desire.

Where did you read about the native DivX support? I only see 3gp, mp4, and wmv on the HTC website? Are there divx movie players in the android market?
28th February 2010, 09:43 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickson123

Where did you read about the native DivX support? I only see 3gp, mp4, and wmv on the HTC website? Are there divx movie players in the android market?

I read it HERE among other places, just hope the info is correct.
1st March 2010, 11:44 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusDro

It's been known that it is only a software issue of how the Android OS scales the images. See the thread in the Nexus One forum. I personally tested it on my Nexus One and using a 3rd party photo viewer, I do not get any banding issues.

I like the Motoroi too. The 550mhz clock speed doesn't mean much for the A8 arm cortex cpu. The performance of the chip is on par with the snapdragon.

That would be sweet then! Wonder if it will get an upgrade to 2.1, if so then i'm on board!
1st March 2010, 11:55 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

That would be sweet then! Wonder if it will get an upgrade to 2.1, if so then i'm on board!

I'm sure that it ships with Motoblur 2.1

Any way I would pick the Desire because...
1)More RAM then the Nexus One
2)I love the social integration and the look of HTC Sense
3)The N1 and the Desire are so similiar so you can just flash a stock rom on the HTC Sense (I bet someone will port Cyanogen to the Desire)
4)Hardware buttons FTW
5)Looks much better
6)Won't have that $h!tty @$$ required plan (the T-Mobile incident with the Nexus One) since it will be going to a carrier and probably more that one carrier in a country
7) You can just turn sense off and run stock android...duh!!!
8)Did I forget to mention that I love the social integration and the look of HTC Sense?
2nd March 2010, 02:08 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I would get the Desire... but before long Motorola is bound to release the Nexus 2. (I'm not sure if thats what it will be named). But a while back Moto said that they are going to be Google's next hardware partner for the Nexus series.

The Nexus series have much quicker firmware updates, straight from Google, so that is a great advantage of getting one. On the other hand, Sense UI makes Android downright tasty.
I love HTC, so that's why I would desire a Desire.

I just want a Desire in a Legend body though.
Unibody Aluminum= amazing build quality.
2nd March 2010, 04:06 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 222

Donate to Me
More
I want a desire, but have to save some money to get it and of course its not released (yet).
I really want to put my hands on the ROM of it!
2nd March 2010, 11:24 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
decisions, decisions....
I currently have a Hero, I am seriously considering upgarding to a Desire or Xperia X10. One thing I havent seen mentioned in this thread is I thought the Desire had an AMOLED screen and the N1 does not, can someone confirm?

Also I really like the size and camera on the X10, but I dont like the look of the UI and I don't think it will be as widely supported by devs (I can't see it appearing here either). Your thoughts?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)