[MOD]Data Speed Tweak [ICS/GB][Wifi/3g/4g]>Flashable ZIP<

Search This thread

Fgacko

Oct 7, 2021
This is a known Linux speed tweak, and i found it on the epic 4g thread (my son has one, and I loaded CM9 on his phone) that was started by marcusant. So, i'm really just sharing the info with the Evo community, but I truly think it is quite valuable info, and will likely work on any Android based device since as stated earlier it is a Linux tweak. This has only been tested on ICS, and GB, but I'm pretty sure results will be the same with Sense...

This is what i did, and for those of you that want to add it yourself, just add this code...

Code:
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 39000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 187000 187000 187000
net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf = 1
to a file sysctl.conf (you can use root explorer to make a new file, or whatever file manager tool you like) then using root explorer copy the file and navigate to /system/etc/ mount as r/w and rename the original sysctl.conf file to sysctl.conf.bak, then paste the one you originally copied (you can add the lines of code to the original file if you are using a edited one already). Then change ownership to root/root, and permissions to rw/r/r, then mount back to r/o, and exit root explorer, and reboot. If it works you should notice your browser opening pages faster, the market much faster, and of course speed test will be faster.

I was pm'd this as a way to get this properly working on ICS. Thanks ratkiley

This is highly unlikely, but if this somehow breaks your device I am in no way responsible... Just had to put that out there...

For ICS users you might need to use THIS method, or you can update your services.jar file HERE (compliments of Papa Smurf151 Thread).

Flashable Zips are below...
what does the +mem version do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a known Linux speed tweak, and i found it on the epic 4g thread (my son has one, and I loaded CM9 on his phone) that was started by marcusant. So, i'm really just sharing the info with the Evo community, but I truly think it is quite valuable info, and will likely work on any Android based device since as stated earlier it is a Linux tweak. This has only been tested on ICS, and GB, but I'm pretty sure results will be the same with Sense...

This is what i did, and for those of you that want to add it yourself, just add this code...

Code:
    net.ipv4.tcp_ecn=0
    net.ipv4.route.flush = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_rfc1337 = 1
    net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0
    net.ipv4.tcp_sack = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_fack = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 39000 187000
    net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 39000 187000
    net.ipv4.tcp_mem = 187000 187000 187000
    net.ipv4.tcp_no_metrics_save = 1
    net.ipv4.tcp_moderate_rcvbuf = 1
    to a file sysctl.conf (you can use root explorer to make a new file, or whatever file manager tool you like) then using root explorer copy the file and navigate to /system/etc/ mount as r/w and rename the original sysctl.conf file to sysctl.conf.bak, then paste the one you originally copied (you can add the lines of code to the original file if you are using a edited one already). Then change ownership to root/root, and permissions to rw/r/r, then mount back to r/o, and exit root explorer, and reboot. If it works you should notice your browser opening pages faster, the market much faster, and of course speed test will be faster.

I was pm'd this as a way to get this properly working on ICS. Thanks ratkiley

ratkiley said:
    You can ignore my previous email because I found the solution. I am sharing it with you so you could update your original forum post with the missing information.

At first, I was not able to install the data speed tweak zip files through my ClockWorkMod recovery ROM on my Ice Cream Sandwich / Android 4.0 phone. After various experimentation, I figured out the solution.

To install the zip from the SD card,

1. Copy the zip file into the root of your SD card
    2. Boot into Clockwork mod recovery rom on your phone.
    3. Mount the /system/ folder. (So you don't flash the files into the Recovery ROM's /system/ folder instead of your android ROM's system folder. Otherwise, you won't see the /system/etc/sysctl.conf file appear in the file system after installing the zip file.)
    4. Choose "install zip from sd card" -> "choose zip from sd card", then find the zip file.

* The /system/etc folder does not exist on the clockwork mod ROM's file system, but it does on other android ROMs. ADB shell exposes the clockwork mod /system/ folder to you unless you first mount the /system folder. So apparently, "Mount /system" means mount your phone's Android ROM's /system folder in the running Clockwork Mod unix file system.

This is highly unlikely, but if this somehow breaks your device I am in no way responsible... Just had to put that out there...

For ICS users you might need to use THIS method, or you can update your services.jar file HERE (compliments of Papa Smurf151 Thread).

Flashable Zips are below...
    So just flash, how would we undo? Just make a backup of the original file?

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using xda premium.

I'll make a undo .zip, just give me a minute...
    For those on ICS I have noticed the zip doesn't always stick. I just manually created a second file and pushed it to system/etc then set permissions then rebooted. That's when I finally noticed the vast improvement in speed. Only after a reboot did I get the increased speed.
    I was one of the doubters early on because every time I tried it, it wouldn't work and my speeds never improved. After adding the text manually though its all working perfect. Also don't forget the reboot.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Question: Why are the values in the flashable file different from what's posted in the OP?
    It was working :/ but now everytime I reboot it remounts to r/w and my speed is super slow

sent from my reloaded evo

Go into root explorer, and mount system as r/o, then go to a terminal app, and type

$su
    #fix_permissions

The "$" and "#" are the prompts, so don't type those. Once it gets done either type reboot, or reboot however you wish...

Sent using my Cyanogized Monster EVO via Tapatalk 2