Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2013, 12:17 AM |#621  
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 431

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacob

crossbreeder's ad block isn't workin on 4.3

True, but there is a work around buried in the thread. Google stopped referencing dns1 on 4.3 so none of the mods that ry on DNS work. I run the disable_adblock and remove_DNS scripts in crossbreeder after each reflash and then enable adaway with no problems. Easy peasy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
12th September 2013, 12:34 AM |#622  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOY_

True, but there is a work around buried in the thread. Google stopped referencing dns1 on 4.3 so none of the mods that ry on DNS work. I run the disable_adblock and remove_DNS scripts in crossbreeder after each reflash and then enable adaway with no problems. Easy peasy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

i didn't understand anything but ok xD
12th September 2013, 02:26 AM |#623  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
After installing host file through adaway, may I greenify this app or should I let this app running in the background?

All I can tell if this app runs in the background is to check updates. But correct me if I'm wrong.
12th September 2013, 02:50 AM |#624  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haremmon

After installing host file through adaway, may I greenify this app or should I let this app running in the background?

All I can tell if this app runs in the background is to check updates. But correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't run in the background at all, according to System Panel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
12th September 2013, 03:17 AM |#625  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthicr25

I was using [MOD] CrossBreeder - 7.2.13 on both my roms, I uninstalled it and went through the whole adaway install process with restart and now it shows enabled after restart. Is there away I can use this app with that mod?

Crossbreeder's built in adblock is not working for 4.3. There's a work around but its not working for me (it might work for you) so I use crossbreeder + adaway for now. You dont have to uninstall crossbreeder. Just try to run the DISABLE ADBLOCK command found in CB thread. Adaway will be enabled after reboots and your entropy is still 4096.
12th September 2013, 11:59 AM |#626  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

Yes I think you can, as long as you don't use the webserver (not sure about this though). Adaway modifies the "hosts" file. With no use of the webserver adaway is just used to update.

In greenify you can lookup your app. If it's has the cloud icon in the upper right corner with "Gcm" written in it. It is better not to greenify that app. This because, for example it uses push messaging.

Send from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to DecypherT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DecypherT Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:21 PM |#627  
Thanks Meter: 1,335

More
Quote:

Yep. Perfectly safe.
13th September 2013, 04:06 PM |#628  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 536

More
Is there a way for me to make this app work on Android 4.3?

Whenever I get to parsing party, it freezes on me and crashes.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4
13th September 2013, 04:17 PM |#629  
Flag Koszalin (Poland)
Thanks Meter: 407

Donate to Me
More
but it seamlessly works on 4.3
13th September 2013, 08:38 PM |#630  
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Custom 4.1.2 tw Rom here..

I can't read the error message that appears.. but

Tapatalk says something about the apn also Google play will not load..

Went back to previous version.. rebooted and updated without any of the previously described problems..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
14th September 2013, 01:59 AM |#631  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
On cyanogenmod 4.3 emmc 9/10/2013 for nook have had zero problems with anything, great work thanks.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)