FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be split into multiple KB-Thread soon

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 377
 
By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2015, 05:05 PM |#21041  
Senior Member
Flag British Columbia
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsoft

P.S.
I can add the Overlays to the app, but which one you need? There are two versions: Overlays Pro and Overlays - Float Everywhere.

I'd like to request Overlays Pro please.
10th November 2015, 05:23 PM |#21042  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadjistyllis

Ok that means is the same capacitors and replace with 1nf.
I have a kgl and the biggest problem was the radio high frequences. I have to figure out which capacitors need replacement for my radio (c212, c213 I suppose).

After some 4pda research I found that for the mod you need to change more capacitors and resistors. That means its not needed and changing only the 2 everything will be ok?

Please let us know if you went through with replacing C212 and C213 on your KGL. I am open to re-opening my unit (after doing the USB mod and replacing touch screen) if your radio reception's high frequency improves with this mod.
10th November 2015, 05:24 PM |#21043  
Member
Savannah
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

It's defined as a 3-dimensional array:


The first index is the region; selected in the Factory Settings menu. The second is band; 0 is FM, 1 is AM. And last is the channel frequency.

Question: Is this code that is supposed to be in the RadioService.smali or is this code you add to RadioService.smali change the default freqs.
Thanks,
10th November 2015, 05:25 PM |#21044  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgalang

Please let us know if you went through with replacing C212 and C213 on your KGL. I am open to re-opening my unit (after doing the USB mod and replacing touch screen) if your radio reception's high frequency improves with this mod.

I bought a 7inch KK unit for under $200. How much are these parts?

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2
TheLostPlaces
10th November 2015, 05:29 PM |#21045  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaihoidundso

I have some questions.

1. I mean that i read it here, but I'm not sure. At the moment I have very often the bug, that the volume button not works. Mute works, but louder and quieter not. I don't know when it doesn't work, but after a while no function.

I have this too. I determined that this is related to apps which don´t use MCU Sound output. Problem appears when Navigation system want to "talk" and you change the volume in this moment, or a background app want to tell something too. In that case, the volume buttons immediately gone away until the unit reboots. I had this problem much stronger with power amp. Power amp has its own equalizer and ignores gps and eq settings from the device (like mixing). I reduced the apps and i got the problem not longer. You may use no MCU controlled apps like media player, radio, etc, so this behavior can´t appear. Maybe a MCU.img update would help if available.

2. Since a few days I have the wifi problem, that wifi works sometimes and after a while too, it shows empty bars and shows the connection but it doesn't work. In other case if I start the radio he can't find any WiFi. Why?

Same here, shortly deactivate the wifi and reactivate it. Disable "Optimize Wifi" in wifi Settings. It seems that the power saving function wants to save too much power. Module turns to 10% power consumption and so the signal goes lost. (Firmware error)

3. Since a few days the touchscreen doesn't work. I have set, that i can See if i touch. Then it shows a point. so i can see that the touch works, but there is no reaction. After a minuten the radio shows the bootlogo and have a loop. So i have start the radio new with reset or power off from the car.

No answer for you, sorry.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakyemme

Thanks TheLostPlaces,
I'll try yet tomorrow!! Just a question; is it right the path folder (twin files folder):
mnt/esternal_sd/tomtom/Android/data/files/files+metadata/all maps' file
This procedure (double files folder) I use also for internal sd (but with another metadata and another path obviously....) and it works!
Thanks

Don´t understand it realy, but if it works... never touch a running system .

----

Where can i download the JY Launcher? Its bit distracting with KLD Launcher, creating Homescreen links, etc. That Message appears that First Page is full. . Are the other Launchers like KLD or JY to use with this system ("next" is not my type).
10th November 2015, 05:29 PM |#21046  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostPlaces

1. I mean that i read it here, but I'm not sure. At the moment I have very often the bug, that the volume button not works. Mute works, but louder and quieter not. I don't know when it doesn't work, but after a while no function.

I have this too. I determined that this is related to apps which don´t use MCU Sound output. Problem appears when Navigation system want to "talk" and you change the volume in this moment, or a background app want to tell something too. In that case, the volume buttons immediately gone away until the unit reboots. I had this problem much stronger with power amp. Power amp has its own equalizer and ignores gps and eq settings from the device (like mixing). I reduced the apps and i got the problem not longer. You may use no MCU controlled apps like media player, radio, etc, so this behavior can´t appear. Maybe a MCU.img update would help if available.

2. Since a few days I have the wifi problem, that wifi works sometimes and after a while too, it shows empty bars and shows the connection but it doesn't work. In other case if I start the radio he can't find any WiFi. Why?

Same here, shortly deactivate the wifi and reactivate it. Disable "Optimize Wifi" in wifi Settings. It seems that the power saving function wants to save too much power. Module turns to 10% power consumption and so the signal goes lost. (Firmware error)

3. Since a few days the touchscreen doesn't work. I have set, that i can See if i touch. Then it shows a point. so i can see that the touch works, but there is no reaction. After a minuten the radio shows the bootlogo and have a loop. So i have start the radio new with reset or power off from the car.

No answer for you, sorry.

Do you notice a buzzing noise when using MCU audio? This does not happen when using the radio app

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2
TheLostPlaces
10th November 2015, 05:33 PM |#21047  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbass311

Do you notice a buzzing noise when using MCU audio? This does not happen when using the radio app

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2

Only when no music is played. But not much. My old original volkswagen radio has done more noise when not used.... and even if its used .
10th November 2015, 05:35 PM |#21048  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostPlaces

Only when no music is played. But not much. My old original volkswagen radio has done more noise when not used.... and even if its used .

Yes. Only when the song is active or I hit play in you tube. But I can hear if you listen to the song you can hear it buzzing in the background. This never happened s in radio app. I even purchased Spotify premium and set to high quality. This sucks for me. Drives me crazy once you notice it.

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2
TheLostPlaces
10th November 2015, 05:38 PM |#21049  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbass311

Yes. Only when the song is active or I hit play in you tube. But I can hear if you listen to the song you can hear it buzzing in the background. This never happened s in radio app. I even purchased Spotify premium and set to high quality. This sucks for me. Drives me crazy once you notice it.

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2

I understand. I have some noise from the car itself, i hate this too ). Maybe you can try to ground the radio to the cars ground. Sometimes this helpes. Just connect radio chassis to car metal chassis. Sometimes the little ground cable on iso plug are no wide enough. Just an opinion, i had to do this with the original car radio.
10th November 2015, 05:40 PM |#21050  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hi all,

I guess this is my first reply in these forums, though I follow topics I'm interested in.
I was wondering if anyone could help me with an advice on what could be the problem with my unit.
I have a Klyde unit for Mazda 3 2008. It is the 4x Core and HD screen one. The problem seems to be with the Canbus decoder I got. Thing is the buttons on the steering wheel work well, also, I can adjust the car's clock using the interface provided with the unit (Control Settings I think is the name of the app) but I cannot access the Trip Computer no matter what.
Previously I had Eonon D5151 (WinCE one) and it worked to access the Trip Computer using the steering wheel buttons, but with this one...no chance.

What I tried without success:
- changed the Canbus selection in the Factory Settings (not all of them, just the ones containing MAZDA in their title)
- click all the buttons on the same interface used to access the car's internal clock
- tried to remap the SWC buttons but this action doesn't seem to work either (not sure why I did this, though, cause it would make no difference, haha)
The Canbus decoder I got is
MAZDA-RZ-01, HW: V3.4

Since I can access Clock functions on my vehicle I was thinking the Canbus decoder is the correct one. Or ... is it? Should I ask for a different Canbus decoder? (anyone with Mazda 3 BK has a model of decoder that works and can tell me the SN?)

Few more secondary questions:
- my Up/Down arrow keys on the steering wheel change the songs in the opposite direction (Up changes to next while Down changes to previous). Since I can't reconfigure my keys from the HU, is there any other way of doing this? (except getting used to it, of course )
- there is a Beep sound when clicking the screen etc, which I would like to have. But the "stock" one is very very very loud and this version of Android doesn't seem to have Volume adjustment for it. Is there any way to solve it?

Thanks!
10th November 2015, 05:43 PM |#21051  
Member
Savannah
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImitableBeatle

How do I turn up the voltage?

It appears that controlling the preamp voltage was an option in the older software, I do not have it on my system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes