FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD]*done* Add reboot,recovery,download mode to power off menu

1,497 posts
Thanks Meter: 259

By raiderep, Senior Member on 23rd October 2010, 12:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what happens to your phone-use at your own risk. Always do a nandroid backup before using mods

This is a port of untermensch's vibrant mod found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=811532

*completed mod now available with aosp lockscreen included*

*note: these mods include framework-res.apk and need to be included in the base of a theme or rom/flashing over the top of one will overwrite previous theming done to framework-res with stock images and break some pre-existing mods*

Thanx and credit to him for getting me this far, I have made a few changes to his instructions to make it work on epic. The below mod only has the reboot option added. I have yet to try his latest instructions to add reboot recovery but it might work too. Just wanted to get this over to the Epic side for discussion and help if it isn't as easy to port the rest of it.

Add reboot option to power off menu http://www.mediafire.com/?hoetfjbq77hm77s flash in clockwork recovery (its only android policy.jar) and make sure your system is deodexed. We can add more things into it to get android policy jar mods to play together later.

Here's a .zip that has both the AOSP lockscreen mod and reboot button mod together: http://www.mediafire.com/?010dchn522nxge9

Complete mod port plus aosp lockscreen click here
Note: this .zip includes framework-res.apk,framework.jar and android.policy. jar. The recovery function gets you to stock recovery but you can still get into clockwork by flashing the update.zip you should have on your sdcard already. If any one knows how to get it to go straight to clockwork like rom manager does I would like to have it do that.

Complete mod port plus aosp lockscreen-no full battery popups click here
All three in one now, this is just like the one above but also has services.jar

Complete mod port only click here
Includes framework-res.apk,framework.jar and android.policy.jar

Complete mod port with no popups click here
Includes framework-res.apk,framework.jar,services.jar and android.policy. jar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20101022_161038.jpg
Views:	2807
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	424853   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20101029_004516.png
Views:	3167
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	429203  

23rd October 2010, 12:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works Perfect.....Ty

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
23rd October 2010, 12:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderep

This is a port of untermensch's vibrant mod found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=811532

Thanx and credit to him for getting me this far, I have made a few changes to his instructions to make it work on epic. The below mod only has the reboot option added. I have yet to try his latest instructions to add reboot recovery but it might work too. Just wanted to get this over to the Epic side for discussion and help if it isn't as easy to port the rest of it.

Add reboot option to power off menu http://www.mediafire.com/?hoetfjbq77hm77s flash in clockwork recovery (its only android policy.jar) and make sure your system is deodexed. We can add more things into it to get android policy jar mods to play together later.

The reboot recovery mod looks like it will need framework mods as well if you are interested in trying to get the rest of this going. Care to jumpin?

Has this been tested?
just asking cause yesterday I flashed a normal app! flash 10.1 and my phone was stuck blackscreened lol and had to odin ect AND I am very happy with the phone now so I dont wan't to result to that again
23rd October 2010, 01:12 AM |#4  
Flag GMT-5
Thanks Meter: 516

More
I've been waiting for this to get ported - thank you!
23rd October 2010, 01:25 AM |#5  
Flag GMT-5

More
It flashed with no problem, but it replaced my Vanilla lock screen with the TouchWiz one. If I flash the Vanilla lock screen back on, will the reboot option still be there?
23rd October 2010, 01:41 AM |#6  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Holdin down power+voldown+camera after touching reboot gets you into recovery. I know a software button is better but in the mean time.

Sent from my Android using CDMA or WIFI
23rd October 2010, 02:09 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 265ada

Has this been tested?
just asking cause yesterday I flashed a normal app! flash 10.1 and my phone was stuck blackscreened lol and had to odin ect AND I am very happy with the phone now so I dont wan't to result to that again

I've been using it for a few days with no issues. The only thing that might happen is what happened to ragnarox, read his quote below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokx

It flashed with no problem, but it replaced my Vanilla lock screen with the TouchWiz one. If I flash the Vanilla lock screen back on, will the reboot option still be there?

Until both are put into the same AndroidPolicy.jar then its one or the other. I will get them both together eventually, this is just a start

and here you go, both together now: http://www.mediafire.com/?010dchn522nxge9
24th October 2010, 04:05 AM |#8  
Flag GMT-5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderep

I've been using it for a few days with no issues. The only thing that might happen is what happened to ragnarox, read his quote below...

Until both are put into the same AndroidPolicy.jar then its one or the other. I will get them both together eventually, this is just a start

and here you go, both together now: http://www.mediafire.com/?010dchn522nxge9

You are amazing, thank you!
29th October 2010, 09:31 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal

More
OP updated with completed mod coupled with aosp lockscreen
29th October 2010, 05:29 PM |#10  
Flag Massachussets
Thanks Meter: 1,988

Donate to Me
More
Is that a soft key to get into download moss I see?

Sent from my Emotionless Beast of an Epic using the XDA App
29th October 2010, 06:11 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryemotionz

Is that a soft key to get into download moss I see?

Sent from my Emotionless Beast of an Epic using the XDA App

Yes indeed not sure how much need there is for it but it was in the mod so I added it also.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)