[Q] Galaxy player 4.0 YP-G1 touch function not working after flashing

Search This thread

nirmalbk

Aug 28, 2014
To start, I am a newb and my sincerely apologizes for my ignorance.

I bricked my YP-G1 player trying to flash a kit kat rom on it.

At this point I bought a jig and restored it with odin.

The current problem -

No touch functions work. All the hard buttons work fine but the touch screen does nothing along with the back and home button, etc.

At one point I had it working with the touch screen almost as if it was inverted in regard to accepting the input.

Did I do something that fried the hardware or is this a software issue. I greatly appreciate your guys help.

The last things I did to get it working:
I used a jig to get to download mode then Odin to flash one of the many roms available (including stock)

I tried custom kernels like steve's and also no luck

Please help :(

Last edited:

nirmalbk

Aug 28, 2014
Thank you for reply. I tired using heimdall however I kept getting libusb -12 error. I tried getting the drivers etc and gave up on heimdall in windows. At this point I am just looking for a stock tar file to use odin. Do you have one by chance?

Have you tried reflashing the stock ROM with heimdall?

Sent from my YP-G1 using XDA Free mobile app

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Thank you for reply. I tired using heimdall however I kept getting libusb -12 error. I tried getting the drivers etc and gave up on heimdall in windows. At this point I am just looking for a stock tar file to use odin. Do you have one by chance?

Yes I do have the stock tar file for Odin, but you can also find it in this thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531850. The link to the Galaxy Player 4.0 (US) is this one http://d-h.st/oH3 (so please thank Zaclimon).

Last edited:
Reactions: nirmalbk

nirmalbk

Aug 28, 2014
Hi there,
I used Heimdall 1.4.0 on windows 7. I tried all the attempts with heimdall to get the drivers with zadig.exe, etc. I was was able to detect the device but get this:
Heimdall v1.4.0

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

The furthest I get anywhere is doing the following:

Using Odin3 v1.85
I check Re-partiation, autoreboot, and f. reset time. Then I use the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 U.S. 8gb.pit pit file found on forum. I flash the YPG1USRestoreOdin.tar.md5 by clicking under the PDA section.

This gets me to boot with the samsung logo and little chime. Then I go all the way through and boot to the OS. At that point no touch functions work at all, including the menu button, home screen or back button.

So i was thinking, is it a kernel issue? Does the kernel tell the touch screen to work?

So then I go back to download mode by taking out battery and placing it back in with a jig

Now i flash steve's kernal (STevEs-3.0-USA.tar) successfully and still no touch functions

SO THEN:
Instead I try STeVEs-3.0-EU.tar kernel and I get touch functions that are not mapped correctly.

That is the best that I have been able to get it to function.
:(
Please help

Yes I do have the stock tar file for both Odin and heindall. What OS did you use with heimdall and what heimdall version did you use?

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Hi there,
I used Heimdall 1.4.0 on windows 7. I tried all the attempts with heimdall to get the drivers with zadig.exe, etc. I was was able to detect the device but get this:
Heimdall v1.4.0

Detecting device...

Using Odin3 v1.85
I check Re-partiation, autoreboot, and f. reset time. Then I use the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 U.S. 8gb.pit pit file found on forum. I flash the YPG1USRestoreOdin.tar.md5 by clicking under the PDA section.

This gets me to boot with the samsung logo and little chime. Then I go all the way through and boot to the OS. At that point no touch functions work at all, including the menu button, home screen or back button.

So i was thinking, is it a kernel issue? Does the kernel tell the touch screen to work?

So then I go back to download mode by taking out battery and placing it back in with a jig

Now i flash steve's kernal (STevEs-3.0-USA.tar) successfully and still no touch functions

SO THEN:
Instead I try STeVEs-3.0-EU.tar kernel and I get touch functions that are not mapped correctly.

Please help

I don't use heimdall 1.4.0 because I find it a bit too complicated. I guess you can try following my instructions found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51762484, since you have a Galaxy Player 4.0 (YP-G1) and see if that lets you get the drivers installed correctly. I can't comment on if it controls touch screen controls, but why did you need to use a USB jig to go back to download mode?

nirmalbk

Aug 28, 2014
Hi there,
I did exactly what you recommended. Successfully reinstalled OS however same issue, touch does nothing. I cant seem to boot into recovery so thats why have have been using the jig to go into download mode to reflash stuff. I just dont understand... when I used a different custom kernel I only had the ability to use the touch function in a weird way, it appeared as though it was inverted.... If you have any other thoughts please let me know. I thank you for your help already.

I don't use heimdall 1.4.0 because I find it a bit too complicated. I guess you can try following my instructions found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51762484, since you have a Galaxy Player 4.0 (YP-G1) and see if that lets you get the drivers installed correctly. I can't comment on if it controls touch screen controls, but why did you need to use a USB jig to go back to download mode?

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
Hi there,
I did exactly what you recommended. Successfully reinstalled OS however same issue, touch does nothing. I cant seem to boot into recovery so thats why have have been using the jig to go into download mode to reflash stuff. I just dont understand... when I used a different custom kernel I only had the ability to use the touch function in a weird way, it appeared as though it was inverted.... If you have any other thoughts please let me know. I thank you for your help already.

Wow that is weird. Have you tried using the other 2 kernels for our player, which are Klin's R3 and Terraailent? I find it odd that the EU kernel gave that back. Also it seems that your recovery is damage, even though that flash with heimdall should have fixed it. Try flashing one of the other kernels and then try flashing one of the latest kikkat builds.
@zaclimon have you seen anything like this?

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Wow that is weird. Have you tried using the other 2 kernels for our player, which are Klin's R3 and Terraailent? I find it odd that the EU kernel gave that back. Also it seems that your recovery is damage, even though that flash with heimdall should have fixed it. Try flashing one of the other kernels and then try flashing one of the latest kikkat builds.

Well depends on the variant of his device. If it's the US version, then it could be possible that good digitizer might have been inverted. Though I don't recommend it, in last resort the intl bootloaders could be used to restore completely the device. In this case it is possible that he won't have access to the recovery by the three finger method anymore.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

nirmalbk

Aug 28, 2014
Thank you guys for your assistance. I am in the midst of a move to a new home which has been busy. I will give your guys recommendations a try asap and let you know what happens. Thanks again!

Well depends on the variant of his device. If it's the US version, then it could be possible that good digitizer might have been inverted. Though I don't recommend it, in last resort the intl bootloaders could be used to restore completely the device. In this case it is possible that he won't have access to the recovery by the three finger method anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have you tried reflashing the stock ROM with heimdall?

Yes I do have the stock tar file for Odin, but you can also find it in this thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531850. The link to the Galaxy Player 4.0 (US) is this one http://d-h.st/oH3 (so please thank Zaclimon).

Hi there,
    Heimdall v1.4.0

Detecting device...

Using Odin3 v1.85

SO THEN:

Please help

Hi there,