[ROM] MaxicetDroid 1.3 INTERNATIONAL FINAL **11/19/11**

Search This thread

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
i have no idea what's wrong with my streak5 :(
i've always found SOD when in every CUSTOM GB ROM no matter how i flashed it:confused:
also in maxicetdroid v.1.3 i have twice for a day :( (trully i love this 'awesome high class ROM')
while i have tried many ways to flash (offcourse also the recommended flashing method in every ROMs from the developer)

about the root problem, i did this :
1. Install & Update the latest Busybox
2. Update Superuser and then SU binaries.
3. Done, no more problem
but, the 'SOD' is still remain :(

any suggestion? :confused:

thanks before... :)

Last edited:

androidunia

Jan 21, 2011
Malaysia
Try to do this..

i've always found SOD when in every CUSTOM GB ROM no matter how i flashed it:confused:
also in maxicetdroid v.1.3 i have twice for a day :( (trully i love this 'awesome high class ROM')
while i have tried many ways to flash (offcourse also the recommended flashing method in every ROMs from the developer)

3. Done, no more problem

What I am saying now is not based on programing knowledge but my actual experience to install almost every rom from earlier StreakDroid Froyo rom to latest GB rom.

Some friends had no problem to install and using daily even we all installed exactly same rom, so this was the point I wanted to try to catch up why nobody had a problem with same rom but I had.

Luckily I have 2 GB5s with 3 same spec SDCards so I can make sure problem happened was not because of my GB5's hardware fault...

I am not sure this will solve your problem but really worth to try if you have nothing to do more... as I have solved some issue with this method.

Format your SDCard and re-install from the beginning especially if you had installed other rom before on the same SDCard.
I am not sure but I suspect SOD or reboot happened when some processor's activity is reading or writing from / to SDCard even phone is locked.

When I installed CoffeeBun V2, installation stuck and advised by Dev., tazzzz811 to erase .andoid_secure / android / LOST.DIR but not worked, after format SDCard and re-install from the beginning, problem solved completely.

I installed Maxicet also in same way (everytime when I install new roms, I did Nandroid backup so easy to restore back if I want to switch to other rom even I format SDCard, only copy back data..) and so far... no issue of SOD comes out..

Some apps also make GB5 freeze occasionally... it depend on which rom..
So after I install new rom, I tried to use for a while to make sure freeze or SOD is not because of base rom...

Maxicet rom is really nice... hope you can find out the solution..:D

Reactions: maxicet

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
@androidunia

thanks my bro... :)

i have tried many custom roms with many methods and offcourse also have my sdcard fresh formatted pre flashing, but the sod still show up..
i just think...its look like it can't push the system up to show... because i see the reboot then (after wait ±5min)..
and when this sod coming, i'm sure my battery will drained out for ±10%..

and now i just on my way to find what exactly the cause was, so maybe i can find the fix solution then...

am deep trial here, so far i have no more sod in last 3 hours, if i have no more single sod, i think i can use my this analytic solution...

will report if i found the solution here...

*sorry for my bad english, i don't use it in my all days..

Last edited:

androidunia

Jan 21, 2011
Malaysia
@ ivantastic..

I see... well, maybe there is something else causing for SOD ??
Please post if you found out, I am willing to learn...

I am using now all the time so if anything happened then will ask your advice, too.
Thanks, bro..

*my English is poorer than you ^^~~ sorry for that..

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
@ ivantastic..

I see... well, maybe there is something else causing for SOD ??
Please post if you found out, I am willing to learn...

I am using now all the time so if anything happened then will ask your advice, too.
Thanks, bro..

*my English is poorer than you ^^~~ sorry for that..

so many thing i've done to find and fix this sod problem..
but so far i have not found the fix solution yet..
i have use the screen off app (i use this to make off my screen) then disable the default lockscreen,but it take no longer, just temp, and i dont think that is the solution...
i did clocksync too, but the sod is still show up..
my root acces has no problem..
i did wipes & hard reset too, but still...
i did sett the cpu & gov scale lower to highest, but nope...it just still..
i did change the build.prop & other script value inside the zip package, but again... it still... :(

off course my friend, i will report if i find a solution to fix this sod problem :)
thanks for your attention my bro.. :)

Last edited:

engrgener

Sep 22, 2010

3. Done, no more problem

Hi there. Just to clarify...on his e-mail, he said "WARNING : DON'T UPDATE SUPERUSER !!".

ciayko

Sep 20, 2007
Hello,

Suddenly video play is not working: I can hear audio but the screen is blank!
Only Moboplayer can show me the videos and ONLY by software decoding.
The bug persists even after reboot.
Camera is blank too...youtube too...I tried to take off the battery for a couple of minutes (as I read online) but nothing...
Anyone did get the same issue?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
Hi there. Just to clarify...on his e-mail, he said "WARNING : DON'T UPDATE SUPERUSER !!".

as i said before, i have no problem with the root access... (so with the other roms)
and i'm sure this sod is not related with root access...cause (i repeat) i have no problem with my superuser...
no... not that simple as u think buddy...

BoneMo

Jun 25, 2009
Prague
enter pin screen problem

is it possible to rezise it for 240DPI to see OK Button + 7,8,9 numbers ???

goldeneagle1509

Oct 10, 2010
i really thank Maxicet a lot for this rom

this rom very fast everything is ok except one thing i really want to use widgetlocker or magic lock use another button to unlock screen it not working
because my power button is broken ....
every app can work on 2.2.2 but 2.3.3 can not work

if Maxiet can fix it i think it very perfect ....

wolverine9827

Oct 14, 2006
Sebastian, FL
Feedback on 1.3 Final

Installed 1.3 Final - beautiful. No FC's, no major issues, works GREAT!! I've had ONE sod while streaming over BT.... NICE! :)

Installed the OC kernel - NO ISSUES YET.

Little things I've noticed so far:

1) New camera pictures sometimes don't appear in the gallery app (not deleted, just don't appear in the list) - Installed SDSync app and no more problem :)

2) Occasionally apps load with a blank screen, Force close/stop the app and reload and it loads fine.... doesn't happen often enough to get in the way

3) Some lag after a phone call... seems to be something with the proximity sensor - and not all the times, only on occasion. Simply putting the phone up to your ear and then back seems to reset and the screen responds again.... Quite common in all GB roms I've tested to date.....

4) Fails to take me directly to the feedback spreadsheet to force me to update my info back to Maxi!! (I'll ensure my updates are in today!!)

This is the best GB rom I've tested to date on my Streak!

Thank You Maxi for all your hard work!! :D

ciayko

Sep 20, 2007
Hello,

Still same issue...with video I can hear only audio, screen is blank...
The bug persists even after reboot.
Camera is blank too...youtube too...I tried to take off the battery for a couple of minutes (as I read online) but nothing...
Anyone did get the same issue?

ivantastic

Sep 9, 2011
;) for everyone here who wants to taste an optional theme from me ;)

here u go :
>>> ** V_G THEME **<<<

@massimo
if u like my theme, u can add it to be your additional theme here

Last edited:

rajatsood

Jun 16, 2011
Hey can anyone tell me which perfect kernel for this rom out of the options given by maxicet..
Thnx..

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT 11/19/2011 : ADDED 1.3 version - Ok folks, lets start with new private rom sharing project

Everyone interested to, please send me a private msg with gmail address :cool:

EDIT 11/07/2011 : ADDED KERNEL CHOICE - After lots of requests, I decided to add a kernel choice, with a very simple procedure ...:cool:
    Download zip file, unpack it in your "Rom_backup" sd directory, reboot in streakmod recovery, go to advanced/nandroid/selective restore and choose your preferred, choose "restore boot"....alternatives are :

1.1b (OC)
    2.4.4 (OC)
    Gkernel1.0
    (NO-OC but VERY VERY STABLE and with LOW battery consumption. Please note that, in order to wifi works properly, ONLY with this kernel you have to replace and restore permissions to "dhd.ko" file in \system\lib\modules using this one : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCY2MzNTRlZTEtNmZkNy00ZWJhLTk1OTQtZDk3MmY3NDhiZTE0)
    . Special thanks to "Gespecial" which allowed me to use his good work

Download link (Kernels.rar) :
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCZDA2MjY3ZjgtZDE5Mi00NDhmLTlkODktZmM5MTY0YmMwN2Vi

EDIT 10/31/2011 : ADDED 1.2 version - Rom use my personal build kernel, with NO Overclock to increase stability, but with same performance of 1.1b. FLASH issue fixed:cool:, added "Red Goodness Theme" vol.2 by default, magic locker and dolphin HD updated to latest versions, all Gapps updated...No sleep of death and no USB issue by default...:cool:
    To have BEST RESULTS from this rom, best way is to FACTORY RESET and edit the "97personalize_tweak" in "\etc\init.d" directory, with the services names of yours most used apps (launcher, dialer, messages). This is example of mine (I use ADWex, dialerone and gosmspro) : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCZjkxMzg2MDUtYzZlMi00NDI4LWE0NWUtM2M5NzgwZWE0NWEz. See also footnote "16" below.

ANYWAY,

If you come from "Maxicetdroid1.0-1.1-1.1b" or another 2.4 based version, it's sufficient to : 1. flash the rom - 2. wipe cache and dalvik cache - 3. enjoy. If you come from other roms, follow the instructions below.
    This is MD5 : 242fba076a83462961f1da8c7dd4f660
    This is download link : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCOTQ5MGM1ZTktNWJiOS00YTU0LWIyM2ItMTQ5NjA5NmRjMzRh

NOTE : I DON'T WANT DONATION FOR THIS WORK, IF YOU LIKE IT, SIMPLY CLICK "THANKS"...

EDIT 10/30/2011 : ADDED zip ONLY for 1.1b with fix to USB mount/unmount issue and....a little taste of "red goodness and trasparency" VOL.2..:D : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCNGMyMDM4N2UtNmU5Zi00MmMyLTgwMGQtYjgwNGNhMTUyM2M2
    Flash it with streakmod recovery and wipe dalvik cache, then wait about 5-6 min first boot only

NOTE : I DON'T WANT DONATION FOR THIS WORK, IF YOU LIKE IT, SIMPLY CLICK "THANKS"...

EDIT 10/30/2011 : ADDED zip for ALL 1.x ROMS with LANDSCAPE stock mode : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCMGEyNDdjNzQtMDdiYS00ODRmLWJjYjQtN2RjYzk5ZTk2MTBk
    Flash it with streakmod recovery

EDIT 10/28/2011 : ADDED 1.1b version - Rom now use Streakdroid 2.4.3 kernel, with 1,267 Mhz Overclock. Same memory and dalvik tweaks of 1.0, added CRT animation by default, added menu' led blinking on active notification (thanks to watch_mania), back to RED THEME by default, magic locker and dolphin HD updated to latest versions. I made 2 days of "fine tuning", and I'm sure that this version is MOST STABLE GINGERBREAD STREAK ROM......:cool:
    To have BEST RESULTS from this rom, best way is to FACTORY RESET and edit the "97personalize_tweak" in "\etc\init.d" directory, with the services names of yours most used apps (launcher, dialer, messages). This is example of mine (I use ADWex, dialerone and gosmspro) : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCZjkxMzg2MDUtYzZlMi00NDI4LWE0NWUtM2M5NzgwZWE0NWEz. See also footnote "16" below.

ANYWAY,

If you come from "Maxicetdroid1.0-1.1" or another 2.4 based version, it's sufficient to : 1. flash the rom - 2. wipe cache and dalvik cache - 3. enjoy. If you come from other roms, follow the instructions below.
    This is MD5 : 6ab09fbb6f34663560090492206c7419
    This is download link : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCYzY4Mjc2NDktOTQ4ZC00Mzk2LTgxMzQtMzU1YWJmOGE3ZDg5

EDIT 10/23/2011 : ADDED zip with working CRT animation on screen timeout (for 1.0 only) - https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...jYtYzI4Mi00MGQ1LTg3MjItMmM0OTJjMWM0NDQ3&hl=it
    Flash it with streakmod recovery and wipe dalvik cache, then enable screen animation

EDIT 10/22/2011 : ADDED new Thread with "MIDFLASHERLITE" a tool to make life easier for beginners - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1314869

ORIGINAL POST 10/15/2011 : Here's to you my MaxicetDroid 1.0 INTERNATIONAL...
    I managed "GS2.4" kernel and I made a MIX OF TWO DIFFERENT ROM, I added all the translated apk of my previous International version, plus I added "23portrait", ADW, 190 dpi default, the same memory tweaks and customizable "loop tweaks" (thanks to "eoghan2t7") of my SD2.3 rev 2.1
    Finally, I rebuilt theme with RED goodness and MAGIC LOCKER default lockscreen (see more details in footnote 18)...:D

Download link with MD5 1bb7f2d8ce0adf8cc5e89380efbf1afd :

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzRB5vMumafCZTY5YTc5NjctNWU5Ny00ZDY4LTg0ZjEtOWM0ZTZlMjFkZjVi&hl=it

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :
    1- scaricare il file zip (download zip rom file)
    2- scaricare il file amss da qui (download amss file from here) :

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzRB5vMumafCMzgyYTYyNzYtODgyZi00OTZjLTk1NWYtY2RkMmI4MWRkOWJl&hl=it

ATTENZIONE (WARNING) :
    FLASHARE SOLAMENTE QUESTO FILE AMSS.MBN, HO AVUTO ESPERIENZA PERSONALE, PROVATA PER 4 VOLTE DI SEGUITO, CHE FLASHANDO ANCHE IL FILE DSP1 COME DICE DJSTEVE NEL THREAD DI MODACO, PUO' CAUSARE UN "SOFT BRICK" DELLO STREAK, CON CONSEGUENTE NECESSITA' DI RIPRISTINO CON QDLTOOL. (FLASH THIS AMSS.MBN ONLY, ITS MODIFIED FOR THIS KERNEL, I EXPERIENCED FLASHING ALSO DSP1 MAY CAUSE "SOFT BRICK", WITH THE NEEDING OF QDLTOOL)

3- entrare in streakmod recovery (0.3.2.7+) (run streakmod recovery 0.3.2.7+)
    4- eseguire un nandroid backup dell'attuale rom (make a nandroid backup)
    5- flashare il file zip (flash the zip file)
    6- reboot
    7- entrare in fastboot mode (go to fastboot mode)
    8- flashare il file amss.mbn del punto 2 con fastboot (non chiedere come perchè qui su XDA si incazzano facilmente..:D ) p.s. : questo passo può essere evitato da chi lo ha già fatto in precedenza (flash amss file with fastboot, don't ask how because XDA moderators get angry easily..:D). p.s. : (not necessary if you have already flashed these files)
    9- comando reboot di fastboot (make a fastboot reboot)
    10- entrare di nuovo SUBITO in recovery fermandosi al menu' con le 4 scelte, scegliere la prima (FACTORY RESET) (keep attention, press vol+ and vol- keys as soon as you see logo DELL, then choose option 1 FACTORY RESET)
    11- avviare lo Streak, scegliere preferibilmente ADW come scelta predefinita di launcher, l'altro l'ho messo per "sicurezza" (boot the system, choose preferably ADW, the other one is there only for security reasons)
    12- la ROM è di default in ITALIANO, per cambiare la lingua basta andare nelle impostazioni - (Rom is default in ITALIAN, if you want to change language, go to settings)
    13- NON ESEGUIRE ASSOLUTAMENTE RESTORE DI APPLICAZIONI O IMPOSTAZIONI DA TITANIUM O ALTRE UTILITY SIMILI, INSTALLARE LE PROPRIE APP PREFERITE SOLO DAL MARKET (DON'T USE TITANIUM BACKUP OR OTHER BACKUP APPLICATIONS TO RESTORE PREVIOUS APPLICATION OR SETTINGS, INSTALL YOUR OWNS ONLY FROM MARKET)
    14- Enjoy Gingerbread in Italiano o nella tua lingua (enjoy Gingerbread in Italian or in your language)
    15- MOST IMPORTANT : Press Thanks Button ;) (MOST IMPORTANT : Press Thanks Button ;)...)

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES :

16- Ho aggiunto uno script nella directory "system\etc\init.d", che permette di velocizzare notevolmente i tempi di risposta con le app più utilizzate dalla Rom (ad esempio il Launcher). Di default ho inserito solamente le apk di utilizzo "scontato", è possibile però personalizzare la lista delle app a proprio piacimento editando il suddetto file, sostituendo o aggiungendo fra le "" i nomi dei servizi delle app che vogliamo andare ad inserire. Lo script da editare con "root explorer" si chiama "97personalize_tweak". I nomi dei servizi li trovate nella directory "data\data". Lo script può essere editato tranquillamente dopo avere reinstallato la rom e tutte le vostre applicazioni. Per maggiori info vedi http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1205744(I added a script in "system\etc\init.d" directory, it's able to speed up response times with the most used app of the Rom (eg the Launcher). By default I inserted only the "obvious" apks, but you can customize the list of the app to your liking by editing this file, replacing or adding in to the "" the names of the services of the app that you want to insert. The script to be edited with "root explorer" is called "97personalize_tweak". You can find the name of the services in "data\data" directory. Script can be edited easily after you have reinstalled the ROM and all your applications. For more info see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1205744 )

17- SOLO PER LE ROM SENZA LA "CRT ANIMATION" : Consiglio di modificare la scelta delle animazioni da visualizzare in "nessuna animazione" da impostazioni\display\animazione, sembra che influisca positivamente su alcuni impuntamenti che, anche se raramente, mi dicono che a volte capitano....(ONLY FOR ROMS WITHOUT "CRT ANIMATION" : verify that "display animation settings" is on "no windows animation are shown")

18- Al primo avvio della rom dopo il factory reset, si avvierà il wizard di configurazione di "Magic Locker". Basterà seguire il wizard, deselezionare "menù" nei "settings", e il gioco è fatto. Ho aggiunto anche la schermata di blocco a "Puzzle", basta andare nell'app drawer e scegliere "Samsung Magic Locker", quindi "install". A questo punto tornare in "Magic Locker" settings, scegliere il lock "Samsung" e preferibilmente, il wallpaper default. Se non vi piace o preferite il lockscreen di default, basta disabilitarlo dalle sue impostazioni ....(At the first boot after the factory reset, it will start the configuration wizard "Magic Locker". Just follow the wizard, clear "menu" in "Settings", and you're done. I also added the lock screen "Samsung Puzzle", just go in App drawer and choose "Samsung Magic Locker", then "install". Now go back to "Magic Locker" settings, choose the Lock "Samsung Puzzle" and instead, the default wallpaper. If you don't like it, simply disable it in its settings)

19- Per cambiare il fuso orario, è necessario prima settare la lingua inglese (UK), poi cambiare il fuso orario, poi rimettere la lingua desiderata...(To change Time Zone, it's necessary to change first language in english (UK), then select correct Time Zone, then re-change language)

POINT "10" MOST IMPORTANT, DO A FACTORY RESET

Thanks to "DjSteve" and "fards" who creating the rom
    Thanks to "them east friend" (who build the kernel??)
    Thanks to "_n0p_ " for some files I used from his NEXUS S sharing
    Thanks to "nibras_reeza" for his tweaks
    Someone said that "the night brings advice" ....For me is weekend that brings advice, and I am pleased to announce that I'm working on a new project of "private sharing Rom"... Anyone interested leave me a message with his gmail address, I have to compile a "selected users list" first.
    Stay tuned for updates ...:cool:

Good day to you all
    Two hours seems to be too long to wait.. Am as eager as Chinese waiting for iPhone5 all night long outside apple store.. Juzz kidding... :p

1.3 FINAL is out.....
    Users in main list will receive "UOT" notification...
    Issues, problems and troubleshoot : directly in "midproject" rev.2 on my google documents..:cool:
    Hi Maxi,

I'm running 1.3, Work very well, but init.d? I haven't found init.d directory in this release..... is normal or i have a problem?

Tia
    Idk

There's no "init.d" in 1.3, I inserted all the mods directly in the kernel...try the difference.. :cool:
    Hi and thanks to everyone...In this exact moment, I'm uploading a new version of "Maxicetdroid", named 1.3beta.
    For the moment isn't overclocked, and I tried to keep it very very clean with a tendency to stability and above all, to ensure that everything works properly..
    I need some Beta testers, who want to try it please send me a PM with his Gmail address so as to share download...Thanks to all