[plugin] [updated: 5/31] Titanium Plugin: Taskanium

Search This thread

sn123

Jan 12, 2007
Hi All,

Credits first :), thanks to drkfngthdragnlrd for his titanium tutorial & appstar for his titanium installer! Amazing work guys! Special thanks to benven for being a very patient beta tester.

Edit 7/11: Looking for 0.5 cabs? Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3868774&postcount=95 (credit jdmsleepr) & here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4106493&postcount=164 (credit hgage2003). Please note, I haven't done these cabs so all compliments/complaints should go to the poster.

Edit 5/31: Fixed the recurring task bug, now the application doesn't use State & Notification Broker but hooks into Outlook Interop. This means that the application cannot rely on SNB to start itself and hence places a shortcut in windows\startup folder. The task counter now only displays the tasks that are due today instead of all tasks (Pages placement is defined for QVGA only). This version does not require any soft-reset post install/uninstall.

Edit 5/23: Should support most of the resolutions now. If you are on some other resolution than QVGA, extract the default.plg file from default.plg.zip and replace the plg within taskanium.zip with this one before installing. I haven't been able to test the layout for other resolutions so bug reports are welcome.

Edit 5/23: Now with task counter goodness in condensed mode for QVGA in portrait mode! Why only QVGA? Because, it takes a lot of hit and trial to get the placement of the counter and requires good amount of tweaking to show it correctly & since I don't have a VGA/WVGA device; I couldn't really take it up. If you wish you can modify the default.plg file of 0.4b to include the placement of "Pages" counter in the Condensed mode for your resolution before installing 0.4b.

Taskanium is a simple Titanium (WM 6.5) plugin which displays the list of active tasks within the titaniun plugin and allows you to
  1. add a new task
  2. open the active task by clicking
  3. mark the task as complete (right soft-key)

Pre-requisites
1) WM 6.5 with titanium enabled (obviously!).
2) .net CF 2.0 or higher.

Plugin view

Plugin View for QVGA (.4b build)
attachment.php

Add a task

Task view

Installation:
Currently, there is no cab file for installation (cause I am really tired and it's late night!), the installation is straightforward:
1) unzip the zip file within \program files\taskanium (the path is hard-wired, so unzipping it somewhere else would not work*).
2) click on taskaniumInstall file (if you don't see any error messages it means the installation was successful). * taskaniumInstaller is just a lnk file, if you know how to modify it; you can modify it to point to some other installation folder (along with taskaniumUninstall). The link files are the only place where the path is hard-wired, rest all should work.
3) soft-reset (yes, you have to else you will only see "add a new task" in titanium).

Uninstallation:
1) Click on taskaniumUnInstall.
2) delete the entire taskanium folder
3) soft-reset (required again).

The current location in plg for this plugin is set to 2.

KNOWN ISSUES:
1) completing a recurring task doesn't refresh the plugin unless you add/remove a simple task. I still haven't been able to figure out why :(
2) Uninstallation at times still keeps taskanium.exe running even after a reset (again, don't really know why), the work around for now is to delete the entire taskanium folder after running taskaniumUninstall & before soft-resetting.

STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY, This works on my phone (asus P525 with andrewsh's rom) and should ideally work on your phone too without any issues, but if you believe it might cause something crazy on your phone DON'T INSTALL IT!

History
5/15/09: 0.1 Beta.
Change log: First version.
-----------------------
5/16/09: 0.2 Beta
Change log: Flushed the keys in installation, which should hopefully fix the issue with plugin not persisting post soft-reset.
-------------------------------------------------------
5/17/09: 0.2 RC
Change log: Defined the plg file based on layout of Appstar's favPeople to support different resolutions (haven't been able to test it myself as I only have a QVGA phone, bug reports are welcome).
-------------------------------------------
5/17/09: 0.3
Change log:Fixed the max number of pages to 15 (+2), in case there are more than 15 tasks, the last page displays number of remaining tasks and opens tasks.exe by default. This should fix the issue with people having a lot of active tasks (100+?) and the plugin going kaput.
2) Moved the plugin back to 10th position instead of 2nd.
---------------------------------------------------
5/23/09: 0.4b (taskanium-qvga-04b.zip)
Change log: Added the task counter in condensed view for QVGA portrait mode. Uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.
-----------------------------------------
5/21/09: 05b
Change log:
* Fixed the recurring task bug.
* Changed font in plg file from Tahoma to Segoe UI.
* Changed the task counter to display only due today task.
* Removed dependency on Persistent SNB.
---------------------------------
5/21/09: 0.5
Change log: Fixed a silly bug. If you have installed 0.5b, please upgrade to 0.5 to this version.

Attachments

• taskanium-plugin.jpg
    taskanium-plugin.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 766
  • add-task.jpg
    add-task.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 826
  • task-view.jpg
    task-view.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 726
  • Taskanium-03.zip
    226.7 KB · Views: 1,789
  • default.plg.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 992
  • p230509161752.jpg
    p230509161752.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 63,186
  • Taskanium-QVGA-04b.zip
    227.2 KB · Views: 2,379
  • Taskanium.05.zip
    264.7 KB · Views: 6,715
Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Does that use the AT installer? That means, the other panels will not be affected when installing this one?

benven

Feb 3, 2008
Great idea! Just downloaded. Unfortunately, all I get is a blank panel after a soft reset. If you scroll up/down, the right soft key pulls in from that panel. Titan running a 21222 ROM.

sn123

Jan 12, 2007
benven,

do you mind posting a screenshot of what you are getting, after a soft-reset and check in (process) Task Manager if taskanium.exe is running after a soft-reset (open Task Manager, click on View-->Processes)? Also, just trying to understand the the problem that you're having, in the collapsed titanium view; you don't see the "tasks" label but see a blank place-holder; is that right? And, if you select this blank place-holder do you see at least "Add a new task" as in screenshot#2 above? The blank place-holder could be due to the fact that I am only updating one reg key for the plugin text (HLML.Software.Microsoft.CHOME.Taskanium.CondensedPage@PluginLabel).

This does use ATInstaller so other plugins should be un-affected.

Thanks in advance for helping me troubleshoot this.

sn123

Jan 12, 2007
Great idea! Just downloaded. Unfortunately, all I get is a blank panel after a soft reset. If you scroll up/down, the right soft key pulls in from that panel. Titan running a 21222 ROM.
benven,

can you test out the latest build, this should hopefully fix your plugin blank issues after a soft reset?

Thanks!

benven

Feb 3, 2008
Hi sn123. Thanks for all your help. I don't have screen snapshot software on my device. I'll download the latest version and report back.

benven

Feb 3, 2008
Hi sn123, tried the latest version. But I still get the same result:confused: Attached is a screenie scrolling down from the music tab.

Attachments

• Screen01.png
    Screen01.png
    10 KB · Views: 751

sn123

Jan 12, 2007
Hi sn123, tried the latest version. But I still get the same result:confused: Attached is a screenie scrolling down from the music tab.
benven, do you mind sharing your titanium_240x320.cpr file?
apologies for more questions, but if I understand correctly that once you select the blank plugin; the right soft-key does change to something like "Complete or New"; it's just that you don't see any text either in "condensed view" (when the plugin is collapsed and even if you select the blank plugin, is that correct?

Last edited:

benven

Feb 3, 2008
Yes, the right soft key changes to the panel's right key I was at previously. So for the attached example I went from the music panel to the task panel and it picked up the right key for the music panel. Also, nothing happens when I press on the panel or use the right soft key. Could it be the number of tasks?? I have probably over 150 tasks sync'd up. cpr file attached.

sn123

Jan 12, 2007
benven, I think most probably the blank task panel is due to the customized theme that you are using (the one that you are using is not the titanium default) and has nothing to do with number of tasks that you have (I have tested it with around 100 tasks on my phone and it does work).
There are two things that you can do to hopefully get it to work:
1) Open the default.plg file in taskanium folder in a text editor and change the position to 1 from 10 (within <position></position>
2) Replace all instances of Tahoma with Segoe UI.

After you make these changes just install it again and hopefully it should work. You can also use the default.plg file attached (remove the .txt extension) with the above 2 changes already made and replace the existing plg file with this one.

If it still doesn't work, you can help me further in troubleshooting by using a registry editor (like CERegEditor) and tell me if the following keys are created:

1) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Taskanium (there should be at least 2 subkeys within this: 1) CondensedPage & 2) Page1.
2) HKLM\System\Notifications\Taskanium.

From the bliss theme post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=508968
When using third-party or cummunity plugins such as TitaniumWeather, Favorite People make sure you re-install this theme cab after installing the plugins so that the theme and the plugins can coexist together. It doesn't matter if you already have this theme installed and you decide to install the additional plugins, you must install this theme cab after installing any plugin that is supported by this theme.

Supported community Titanium plugins:
-TitaniumWeather by showaco
-CTwitter, COffice, CFacebook by JukEboXAuDiO
-FavoritePeople by AppStar
-Programs by Sector (aka giorgosm)

This kinda makes me believe that the issue is compatibility with the bliss theme; I'll check with rpereira.

Can anyone else also try this on a QVGA device on default theme and let me know if it is a yay or a neigh? Thanks!

Attachments

• default.plg.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
VGA Please

I have been wanting this plugin since 6.5 became available. Can anyone port this to VGA?

benven

Feb 3, 2008
Hi sn123. First off thank you very much for your time and help. I uploaded the default.plg file. Checked the registry. All keys are in. I guess I have 118 tasks! Anyway, uninstalled/reinstalled, Taskanium and the Bliss theme on both my Titan and Apache. I am sad to report that it still does the same thing :(. It must be something with the theme. I'm sure rpereira can help out. He seems like a really good guy and resource. Then again, maybe it's me that's not doing something right! Anyway, I'm going away for a week, so I'l check back when I get back.

sn123

Jan 12, 2007
sorry that it didn't work for you :(. It could be due to the number of tasks (perhaps titanium has a cap on number of pages that it would show!). For 15 tasks that I tested it with it seemed to load all the pages.
Once I have some free time, I will perhaps create 118 dummy tasks just to test out :).

T

treo...not!

I am very interested in this project. Will this plugin play nicely with my other titanium panels (incl. Titanium weather) or will kit try to rearrange and/or disable them?