[ValuePack Firmware] I9000XXJW4 (2.3.6) [More Info|Feature List|Screenshots]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xplosi

Dec 23, 2009
This is the best Gingerbread rom made for Galaxy S BUT it still is crap compared to the current ICS ports or even Cyanogenmod 7 and MIUI. Didnt' see any improvement in Quadrant 1411 (JVR is faster about 1600+). The camera takes the same pics, the gallery and browser don't seem faster (compared to JVR), the only good thing is you can shoot photos while making a video and you have those three little things (lockscreen, face unlock wich kinda sucks compared to the ICS one and the photo editor wich everyone could install the galaxy s2 one since it's the same). Overall, if you like Gingerbread then it's the best ROM to use, if you're tired of LagWiz (like I am) then go on Cyanogenmod 7, 9, MIUI or Onecosmic's ICS Port. Much faster!

EDIT:

People must not stop because of this crappy update. We must spam them and DEMAND Ice Cream Sandwich. No other 2010 Android phone was sold 20 - 30 million times and no other 2010 Android phone (except Nexus S) has the same hardware as Galaxy S. We DEMAND Ice Cream Sandwich!
Here in Spain Galaxy S i9000 is still selling! http://www.phonehouse.es/app/f/p-10608/moviles/moviles/samsung-galaxy-s-i9000-negro-smartphone.html

+1
We need to spam samsung :D

GreenSGS

Feb 11, 2011
Amsterdam
not with BT headset !

i explain : someone calls me ... i answer ... screen goes off ... the caller ends the call ... => FC :(

I have saved the phone fix for JVT version from XXKH3 (galaxy S2).

I forgot the person name who created or the thread here on XDA but I uploaded it here back
here: http://www.multiupload.com/ACQEM7NB0K

It worked fine on JVS,JVT for me but I don't know about JVU. Install at your own risk. You can install it from CWM. should be ok.

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011

I forgot the person name who created or the thread here on XDA but I uploaded it here back

It worked fine on JVS,JVT for me but I don't know about JVU. Install at your own risk. You can install it from CWM. should be ok.

is this working on jvu anyone ?

Sent using TCP/IP

Ha Ha - At first I thought the new face unlock thing was pretty cool, until I let 5 of my office colleagues try it today. 2 of the guys gained access to my phone on the first try! One of the women got access after 3 or 4 attempts. It did deny the other 2 (both female), but seriously, a security feature that lets 3 out of 5 random people into your phone is not a security feature at all. Yes, I know this is an unreleased ROM, and this may just be a test feature, but right now it's back to pattern lock for me.

Reactions: DanDroidian

nightyman

Nov 1, 2007
Paris

Doesn't work ...
i tested it and i had multiple FC ! now i'm testing Ramad Deodexed one ;)

xmen25

Mar 8, 2009
Flashed this JVU.

baseband=I9000XXJVU
kernel=2.6.35.7-I9000XXJVU-CL851880 se.infra@SEI-22 #2

The wifi keeps disconnecting after every minute for a fraction of a second and connects back again.

Can anyone monitor the wifi and confirm?

Same was the case with JVT and even 2.3.5

Is there a fix for this? Wifi is unusable for market downloads as the download keeps interrupting..

Last edited:

Bazingaa

Jan 7, 2012
Sorry if this is a noob question but flashing and rooting this ROM is the first time I've fiddled with my SGS!!

All has gone well with the flash, but when I try to make a back up with ROM manager it fails - I believe it's because I have Android Recovery 3e and not 2e. Can anyone tell me if it's easy to revert to 2e?? And if so how? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official ValuePack Firmwares

I9000XXJW4 Download | Mirror (Thanks To SamMobile!)
    Base Firmware: I9000XXJW4 (2.3.6)
    Region: Europe (XEU)
    Build Date:19th March 2012
    Modem: XXJW4
    CSC: OXAJW4
    Change List: 1043937
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7
    Separate Kernel: Download (.TAR)
    Separate Modem: Download (.TAR)
    SF-Root JW4: Download (.TAR) (Thanks to Grooby)

New Features:
    • Face Unlock
    • New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 :eek:)
    • Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
    • Photo Editor
    • Built-in TouchWiz 4
    • Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
    • Auto-Rotation is fast - Fast switching from portrait to landscape
    • Overall speed improvements
    • GPU Performance slightly increased
    • Some Google Apps updated

Instructions For Flashing Firmware:
    • Extract the firmware
    • Open the included Odin
    • Put your device in Recovery MODE (Home + Volume up + Power)
    • Wipe Data/Factory reset
    • Wipe Cache
    • Take Out Your battery & put it back in
    • Put your device into Download MODE (Home + Volume Down + Power)
    • Click PDA and select *.tar.md5
    • Then finally click START! :D

Instructions For Rooting Firmware:
    • Extract the Rooted Kernel
    • Open the included Odin
    • Put your device into Download MODE
    • Click PDA and select Rooted Kernel (.tar)
    • Then finally click START! :D

* Varies to the Firmware you downloaded.​

Screenshots:
    sc20120329174400.png
    sc20120329174425.png
    sc20120329174524.png
    sc20120329174545.png
    sc20120329174721.png
    sc20120329174731.png
    I9000XXJVU|2.3.6|OXA|December 2011|Download

Firmware (Android 2.3.6) XXJVU for Samsung Galaxy S I9000

I9000XXJVU build date = December 29 2011.
    Android version = Android 2.3.6
    Changelist: 851880

1.Extract I9000XXJVU
    2.Open ODIN. (And close Kies, if you have it open. It is important to have ODIN open BEFORE connection the phone via USB!)
    3.Select the PDA,pit,Modem,CSC file in Odin.
    4.Turn the phone into the download mode by pressing and holding VolumeDown+Home+Power.
    5.Connect your phone with your computer and wait until the drivers are installed.
    6.When the drivers are installed, click Start.
    7.The phone will be flashed and once it’s finished, it will boot up. (Do NOT disconnect the usb-cable, remove the battery or otherwise interrupt this process!)
    8.You have successfully flashed your phone.

ODIN + PIT - Download Link1 or Link2

I9000XXJVU|2.3.6|OXA|December 2011|Download

Root for I9000XXJVU -> Download
    well, personally, I think this sucks.

Yeah, don't get me wrong here!
    I know this is better than nothing but we asked for ICS! What do we get? A newer gingerbread rom with some tweeks. I mean, c'mon.. what do you think samsung tried to do? "let's give them some new looking features such as the new lockscreen, the new photo editor and the face unlock system and they'll calm down with all those requests for a ics rom."

Seriously, how much effort and time do you think samsung put on this new update? I'll risk to say that they put 2 man working for 2 hours each on this. Is that what you call effort samsung? effort is what onecosmic and teamhacksung are doing right now. Samsung, with all the resources and developers you have available, why don't you freakin give us a ics rom? just remove TWL or any other ram eater apps. Just give us that ICS rom and I'm sure the developers here from XDA will do a wonderful job customizing and upgrading it.

THANKS
    crt off animation

Here i leave the framework with CRT OFF ANIMATION.
    Replace using root explorer in system framework the phone will soft reboot
    enable all animations in settings and voila ;)

ONLY FOR ODEXED
    Things Missing to Flash! :)

Hey there, it looks like a great ROM! I'll wait for the following to be available before updating from XXJVT:

- Battery %, CRT Off & Extended Power Menu Modification

- SMS (services.odex) patch to make it work with BLN

- Phone Application Force Close Fix (if needed; hopefully not)

If you find / release them, please post them here! Thanks