Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

Returning to stock

341 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By extrememonkey, Senior Member on 1st February 2014, 11:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

I want to return to an unrooted stock rom but just want to check things first before I do.....

If I download the latest stock firmware from samfirmware and flash with odin will I -

1- loose root???

2- be able to restore my data + apps etc using Titanium Backup or do I need root access (if lost) to do this???

3- need to flash anything else, modems etc???

Im experienced with flashing custom roms etc but have never returned to full stock on the S4.

Im waiting delivery of my NotePro 12.2 and am still using my Note 2 for work purposes and want all my devices to be able to talk to each orher as Samsung intended (well try it at least)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

1st February 2014, 01:55 PM |#2  
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 6,138

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememonkey

Hello all,

I want to return to an unrooted stock rom but just want to check things first before I do.....

If I download the latest stock firmware from samfirmware and flash with odin will I -

1- loose root???

2- be able to restore my data + apps etc using Titanium Backup or do I need root access (if lost) to do this???

3- need to flash anything else, modems etc???

Im experienced with flashing custom roms etc but have never returned to full stock on the S4.

Im waiting delivery of my NotePro 12.2 and am still using my Note 2 for work purposes and want all my devices to be able to talk to each orher as Samsung intended (well try it at least)

#1: you will loose root.
#2: you will not be able to restore apps+data using titanium backup (titanium backup requires root)
#3: you will need to root the phone by flashing a zip file like cf-autoroot.

#4: if the stock firmware you plan to flash is 4.3 you should read up and find out about KNOX first.

Good luck!
1st February 2014, 02:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

#1: you will loose root.
#2: you will not be able to restore apps+data using titanium backup (titanium backup requires root)
#3: you will need to root the phone by flashing a zip file like cf-autoroot.

#4: if the stock firmware you plan to flash is 4.3 you should read up and find out about KNOX first.

Good luck!

I know about Knox.... its easy to uninstall or not install in the first place!!!

I wont be using Knox on my S4 but do use it on my Note 2 and will on the NotePro when it finally arrives!!!

1st February 2014, 04:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Just flashed 4.3 (XXUEMKF baseband MJ5 to be precise) and I can't turn wifi on what so ever....

Any tips, do I need to flash a new modem???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
1st February 2014, 06:39 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Ok I'm now on stock 4.3 XXUEMKF both Baseband and Build.

When I go into Download mode I have no KNOX lines at all but my Binary is still custom.

I have tried to flash the wifi fix modem from the modem post - but as there is no MJ5 modem non seem to work (tried the mod and the me modems) still nothing....

Any advise from anyone would be greatly received!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
1st February 2014, 07:15 PM |#6  
Flag Italia
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Flash one of this modem to solve the problem

**If you are having the old bootloader flash GSM_Modem_XXUEMJ5_and_LTE_Modem_XXUBMH1.tar file with odin by selecting phone.
**If you are having the new bootloader flash GSM_Modem_XXUEMJ5_and_LTE_Modem_XXUEMJ5.tar file with odin by selecting phone.

Credits to Omega team!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)