xmodgames issue with supersu

Search This thread

alecz2012

Mar 8, 2015
Hi all,
I have SuperSU Pro 2.46 installed on a lifetab P8912.
Everything worked and I got checked with rootchecker that everything works fine.

Xmodgames also starts with the message that it has root permissions granted.

The ClashofClans mod has a problem: "Mod start fails. Please confirm XModgames is authorized with root permission".

What can I do ? Does anybody else encounter the same problem or fixed that already ?

THANKS a lot for your help,
Alecz

Reactions: RICKSLEE

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
The ClashofClans mod has a problem: "Mod start fails. Please confirm XModgames is authorized with root permission".
This should be brought to the attention of the developer of "ClashofClans" -- it might be looking for 'su' at a hard-coded path. You could test for this (and perhaps even fix the problem for you) by copying or linking '/system/xbin/su' to other common paths -- such as '/system/bin/su'.

At a terminal enter:

which su

It should reply '/system/xbin/su'.

Frank

Reactions: RootPegasus

alecz2012

Mar 8, 2015
hmm, thanks , but perhaps I didn't find the right shell to work with:

I do not have write access to that folder /system/bin

Shall I chmod 777 to that folder, at least temporary ?

Sorry for not having worked since a long time on linux..

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
I do not have write access to that folder /system/bin
That partition is normally mounted for reading only, not for writing. Remount it as writable, copy the file, then remount as read-only again:

mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin
mount -o remount,ro /system

The SuperSU installation script will delete that copy when you flash the update again so it isn't permanent, and there is only a small chance that this is the problem.

Frank

alecz2012

Mar 8, 2015
Hi Frank,
your mount description worked fine, but still I get the error when starting the mod from xmodgames.....
:(
Perhaps you got another tip or trick .....

THX
Alex

That partition is normally mounted for reading only, not for writing. Remount it as writable, copy the file, then remount as read-only again:

mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin
mount -o remount,ro /system

The SuperSU installation script will delete that copy when you flash the update again so it isn't permanent, and there is only a small chance that this is the problem.

Frank

alecz2012

Mar 8, 2015
Hi Frank,
done, but in the txt file it is a bunch of - at least for me - magic !
I can find lotz of krsdk stuff, looks like a former try of kingroot is still existant and might prevent something there, or perhaps that's because xmodgames is checking for kingroot ...
Really do not know .....

Anyway,
I think I am getting closer , but still the last mile to take ;)

In a terminal, run

logcat -c

Then run the application which is failing to get root; then immediately after it fails run

logcat -d > /sdcard/dump.txt

Then examine '/sdcard/dump.txt' to see if it contains an error message which might help.

Frank

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
...looks like a former try of kingroot is still existant and might prevent something there, or perhaps that's because xmodgames is checking for kingroot ...
That's a very reasonable guess. I assume that you rooted with Kingo Root then replaced that with SuperSU. Maybe Kingo Root is still active on your device. Maybe SuperSU did not install and the root checker found Kingo's 'su'. Take a good look at both installations and try to figure out what is there. Does the SuperSU Android application run? See if 'su' will tell you whose it is by running

su --version

Frank

alecz2012

Mar 8, 2015
Kingroot didn't work when I tried it, therefore I went through the SuperSU installation.
su --version gives me
"2.45:SUPERSU"

Best regards,
Alex

That's a very reasonable guess. I assume that you rooted with Kingo Root then replaced that with SuperSU. Maybe Kingo Root is still active on your device. Maybe SuperSU did not install and the root checker found Kingo's 'su'. Take a good look at both installations and try to figure out what is there. Does the SuperSU Android application run? See if 'su' will tell you whose it is by running

su --version

Frank

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
I can't see what's happening from here but the cause could very well be the incomplete KingRoot attempt. It might be that your solution is to revert to stock to remove that Kingo stuff then root again using the procedure that succeeded.

Frank

demoakka

Jan 5, 2013
i have same problem as OP, i have moto e stock 5.0.2 rooted with supersu :( can anyone help me

friktion1974

Feb 2, 2015

same problem with me also..:(

|Rene|

Jul 19, 2009
Some problem for me with Xmod for Boom Beach. Before i updated to Android 5.0.1 it was working.

Edit: Had an old Xmod version which i installed from titanium backup. New Xmod Version fixed the problem for me.

Last edited:

Dr.SJ

Oct 8, 2012
Dubai
~
i have Samsung Tab 10.5 (SN-T805) .. and it has the same issue

me and one of my expert friends analyzed the application to see what is the problem, we found out that XMODGAMES doesn't check the root properly
So, if there was an expert person that can reverse engineer the application and fix this issue, that would be great

PS: we don't have time to do it, because of our final college exams, we might do it in the summer. :D
~

general6991

Feb 10, 2015
Hi all,
Everything worked and I got checked with rootchecker that everything works fine.

What can I do ? Does anybody else encounter the same problem or fixed that already ?

Alecz

make ur device language tu english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Alecz
    This should be brought to the attention of the developer of "ClashofClans" -- it might be looking for 'su' at a hard-coded path. You could test for this (and perhaps even fix the problem for you) by copying or linking '/system/xbin/su' to other common paths -- such as '/system/bin/su'.

At a terminal enter:

which su

It should reply '/system/xbin/su'.

Frank
    xmodgames needs to be updated, not SuperSU.
    Changing language to English solved my problem.