[Q] Revert back to stock ? on rom from ckpv5 desire X

Search This thread

Gonzo.

Feb 13, 2011
Hi its been along time ago .. since ive actually used to post . ive recently installed this rom ( [rom] [28.08.13] myONEdx+ RC3.0 (JB | Sense 4+ Lite) ) about 4 month ago . and recently my desire x started to act strange . ive tried to revert back my self . but with no luck . i have root S-ON and hboot 1.24 ICS . ( used this rom to isntall on ics boot with the option stated by ckpv5 . how to install it to run on desire x but i cant find the right way to revert back so i can recive OTA ,, ive tried to run ICS toolkit with the option to install the recovery image and boot image . after all that its still booting from recovery as where the rom is installed . any help would greatly appriciate ..

Last edited:

Gonzo.

Feb 13, 2011

yes thank you i have this link . but my question is that when i go to hold power button plus volume . its enters the developer mode but it doesnt shows me the recovery like i had previuosly TWRP .. when i move to recovery menu its restarts ( because when i installed the myonedx rom by you . it installed in place of recovery memory so it just follows the normal boot . but when i just hold the power button to start up like any other phone. its just stuck on black screen, and i have to pull the battery . then when i enter recovery and load it it will load the rom and so on . i want to revert back to be able to have TWRP recovery and boot phone normally . . so i want to isntall the recovery and remove the rom . and so on . ,

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
yes thank you i have this link . but my question is that when i go to hold power button plus volume . its enters the developer mode but it doesnt shows me the recovery like i had previuosly TWRP .. when i move to recovery menu its restarts ( because when i installed the myonedx rom by you . it installed in place of recovery memory so it just follows the normal boot . but when i just hold the power button to start up like any other phone. its just stuck on black screen, and i have to pull the battery . then when i enter recovery and load it it will load the rom and so on . i want to revert back to be able to have TWRP recovery and boot phone normally . . so i want to isntall the recovery and remove the rom . and so on . ,

See Note no.3.
Basically you need to reinstall the TWRP recovery because you don't have the recovery anymore. So in the link that I provided above, there is a TWRP recovery attached on OP. Use that (it is the same as in the ICShboot_Toolkit folder) then restore your ICS backup.

Notes[/B]
1. Workaround to mount sdcard as there is no PCSC on JB ROM, see : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40241468&postcount=214
2. You can use the APM whenever you need to reboot your DX, select reboot to recovery.
3. If you need to go to recovery to do your usual stuff, select reboot to bootloader, connect to PC and open the ICShboot_Toolkit folder and run the Install Recovery.img.bat again. Once completed, you need to reboot to bootloader and install boot.img again with the Install Boot.img.bat

Gonzo.

Feb 13, 2011
See Note no.3.
Basically you need to reinstall the TWRP recovery because you don't have the recovery anymore. So in the link that I provided above, there is a TWRP recovery attached on OP. Use that (it is the same as in the ICShboot_Toolkit folder) then restore your ICS backup.

Notes[/B]
1. Workaround to mount sdcard as there is no PCSC on JB ROM, see : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40241468&postcount=214
2. You can use the APM whenever you need to reboot your DX, select reboot to recovery.
3. If you need to go to recovery to do your usual stuff, select reboot to bootloader, connect to PC and open the ICShboot_Toolkit folder and run the Install Recovery.img.bat again. Once completed, you need to reboot to bootloader and install boot.img again with the Install Boot.img.bat

Thanks worked like a charm also installed the your latest rom mysensedx5. running smooth so far . occasionaly have this weird think happening when the phone starts to open diferent apps and such and auto answering the calls . or even when turning on mobile internet /// its just turns on flash light or dialing someone /// weird / is this rom related ??( screen clean and no scratch and not raplaced .)

Last edited:

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks worked like a charm also installed the your latest rom mysensedx5. running smooth so far . occasionaly have this weird think happening when the phone starts to open diferent apps and such and auto answering the calls . or even when turning on mobile internet /// its just turns on flash light or dialing someone /// weird / is this rom related ( screen clean and no scratch and not raplaced .)

It's the kernel bug I think (if it's not hardware problem) ... which kernel that you use ? I recommend the kernel attached in my mySENSEdx5 thread.

Reactions: Gonzo.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
ive used the one that it is in your thread . Nexus prime

Never have this problem with this kernel on any of my ROM.
Try the stock one - Boot.img_Installer_RC2.0

If still problem, try other ROM. If all is ok, then make a full wipe and reinstall ROM.

If this still not solve your problem, I'm scare it is hardware related as mentioned by dansou901

Gonzo.

Feb 13, 2011
Never have this problem with this kernel on any of my ROM.
Try the stock one - Boot.img_Installer_RC2.0

If still problem, try other ROM. If all is ok, then make a full wipe and reinstall ROM.

If this still not solve your problem, I'm scare it is hardware related as mentioned by dansou901

see the thing is that a long time ago ive used cynamoge 10 i think ( thats what it was called ) then i tried xpirt rom those two roms worked fine . but when i tried the veryfirst one for desire x made by you it was mysense ( posted )( 28/03/2013 ) i think after that it just occasionally started to act like that . and only recently in october this 2013 its started to occur more frequently . and also i have some sort of dead pixels i think they shine bright blue or yellow on black background ( all around left top corner and right hand side from bottom to top ) and i i dont know how it appeared . never droped it and not even sat on it / maybe its the screen & need replacement? . but anyway im happy with the rom from latest . very nice ) im going to aply the lastcall* fix // (recent calls bug) and that should do for now :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks worked like a charm also installed the your latest rom mysensedx5. running smooth so far . occasionaly have this weird think happening when the phone starts to open diferent apps and such and auto answering the calls . or even when turning on mobile internet /// its just turns on flash light or dialing someone /// weird / is this rom related ( screen clean and no scratch and not raplaced .)

It's the kernel bug I think (if it's not hardware problem) ... which kernel that you use ? I recommend the kernel attached in my mySENSEdx5 thread.