Netflix 1.3.0 Works on 10.1 (LINK)

Search This thread

SellswordShev

Feb 22, 2010
Hmm looked through all the resource files yesterday, doesn't seem like there is a straight forward way to force HD video :(

Will have to go through smali code to do this, but I don't have much experience with that so ... anyone else want to take a stab at this? Let me know if you need help decompiling / compiling the apk.

Obsessive

Jun 27, 2011
worked great on my tab 10.1. Now if HBO would hurry up with an app for Honeycomb I'll be complete!

quixin

Dec 21, 2010
I added SellswordShev's modified version to the OP.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I have added some tweaks which seems to have fixed the menu + video lag. Here is an updated APK:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2vnu9ctvelhv5u5

Changes:
Added hardware acceleration flag
Recompiled using the honeycomb framework
Zip aligned resources

Please try it out and let me know if you face any issues! I am looking at improving the video quality now that I know this can be recompiled.

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Works pretty good on the Desire HD (MIUI). It lags a little when there's lots of motion, which causes the audio to un-sync.

Nice work!

notfaded1

Jun 18, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
do have the source for this?

Hey guys, I have added some tweaks which seems to have fixeed the menu + video lag. Here is an updated APK:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2vnu9ctvelhv5u5

Changes:
Added hardware acceleration flag
Recompiled using the honeycomb framework
Zip aligned resources

Please try it out and let me know if you face any issues! I am looking at improving the video quality now that I know this can be recompiled.

How are you able to recompile this?
Also too bad this starts working right when netfux guts us with a massive price increase!!!

SellswordShev

Feb 22, 2010
How are you able to recompile this?
Also too bad this starts working right when netfux guts us with a massive price increase!!!

Decompile + recompiling done using apktool. You need to grab a framework-res.apk from the /system/framework directory of any deodexed ROM. To make apktool use that framework-res file run the 'apktool if <path-to-apk>' command. You should be able to recompile now.

djchad72

Jul 22, 2011
This made my night! Works great here! Home network. Got great HD line stream.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Glenn.Seseske

Feb 12, 2011
I must be missing something...

It works for me, but the quality isn't that great (yes, even after it buffers ahead) and the aspect ratio is skewed. Both the original APK, and the modded one show bars on the left and right and basically squeeze the viewing area.

Not really usable unless I was in a pinch.

SenatorKen

Jun 20, 2011
Tulsa
I'm absolutely shocked! Was starting to think the DRM police would never officially allow Netflix on the Galaxy. I'm very happy to see this!

Works on my retail wifi 32G 10.1!

Hoping we can get to HD tho!

Top Liked Posts