[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - GT-N7000 - build 40

Search This thread

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
Are you using any non branded cases or magnetic sealed cases or pouches? Could be a simple block of reception cause of cheap material or disturbance.. Don't know.. - Certainly it hasn't been a reported issue since the Chinese Leak days. Sounds really weird that you get do bad signal. :/

This has been a KANG'd up message delivered from my GT-7000.

No, no... my Galaxy Note is absolutely naked! :D

After this issue happened again today I decided to enable mobile data roaming just to be sure that this isn't a bug about my Galaxy Note switching the tower which is providing signal. I will discover if this will make any change in the next few days, but in fact when using Samsung Stock ROMs I was used to always let roaming options enabled, although I never go to roaming areas, and I never had any issues like this.

Maybe Claro Brasil is so shi... that is making some phones loses signal when switching between multiple towers, or maybe it's something related to the phone thinking, in a fraction of seconds, that I'm going to a roaming area and disable.

I really can't understand, but if this roaming enabling thing solves my issue on AOKP 40.1, I will let you all informed.

B

baz77

Really don't know if it's due to my carrier or if it's a 40.1 problem, but I'm noticing sometimes my signal suddenly disappears and only after a reboot it normalizes, no matter which modem I use.

When this issue happens, even enabling Airplane Mode for a while does not solve this issue. In fact, after disabling, the airplane icon stays on notification bar forever and, of course, only rebooting solves this.

===============
Edit:

Oh, one import thing. This last time I didn't go to a low signal area. I'm at work, where my signal strength is so much great and it suddenly disappeared! :(

which kernel are you using?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

viniciusrsouza

Apr 20, 2008
Rio de Janeiro
which kernel are you using?

The default one from AOKP 40.1 here.

I'm reading this thread here about this problem I'm describing from the Nexus 4.0.4 users. It's a major 4.0.4 issue:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1555733&page=1

Here vro25 brings some workaround:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24545086&postcount=73

I hope that roaming thing solution that "I invented" or setting minimum CPU to 700 (oh, my dear battery...) or trying to use the script provided there solve this issue! I really hope!

CuraeL

Dec 6, 2010
Copenhagen
DSP manager is pretty good for editing the audio for your needs. Uhh, making audio louder with software always seem to cap at a point and after that you will get a lot of noise on your output.. Are you saying that max volume isn't loud enough? Wauw.

This ROM has some of the best quality audio and also some of the loudest.

DSP Manager would be my advice. But I wouldn't recommend scaling the sound. The quality isn't too good. You might be able to get like a 10% boost or so..

*Ramble ramble ramble*

This has been a KANG'd up message delivered from my GT-N7000.

islandmixed

May 4, 2012
what gapps do i pick to download as theirs many? also im on jb slimbean rom and on philz kernal so is that safe to flash from or do i need to flash like hydrocore first?

also is this the best aokp rom with good battery life? sorry im so puzzled with all this stuff although ive flashed two roms before lol thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

B

baz77

Is this project discontinued? No more AOKP for Note?

check the jb thread :)

what gapps do i pick to download as theirs many? also im on jb slimbean rom and on philz kernal so is that safe to flash from or do i need to flash like hydrocore first?

also is this the best aokp rom with good battery life? sorry im so puzzled with all this stuff although ive flashed two roms before lol thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

the ics one, as this is ics thread. The jb one for jb :)

Last edited:

jaiiscool

Jan 30, 2008
Mumbai
jaiparekh.com
My post was actually meant for the JB thread, posted here by mistake. Anyhow I don't have hopes for AOKP anymore.

CM is doing gr8 job at the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png

1. WARNING: If you are on a leaked ICS kernel, DO NOT FLASH THIS. Flash a known safe kernel from the sticky in the development section, then flash this.
    2. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    3. MAKE A NANDROID
    4. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    5. flash ROM
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Current build40 here
    gapps: http://goo.im/gapps

Credits:
    • xplodwild
    • Entropy512
    • Cyanogenmod
    • Other people I'm sure I'm missing, PM me if you should be on the list.
    contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to me
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Kernel source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210
    Note: Some changes are still on their way through gerrit, so the N7000 will not be buildable via source yet.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Just so you all know, here's my plan for future builds: while I would love to get the switchable mounts from CM, I haven't had time to dig through gerrit to find them yet. The next "official" build (official only meaning on the AOKP site) will have CWM and the old mount points. No, there is nothing I can do about including TWRP into the next build, it just isn't possible with the current way we build recovery. I will also put out a build the same day which will have switched mount points, and TWRP. That way people can choose what they want to use.
    Wondering why the first post was not updated ?

Because I have a job that pays money, and this is a hobby that costs me money (almost three terabytes of bandwidth in the past six days for this device alone). I posted the update last night when I finished it, then crashed before work four hours later. So your options were: not get an update til tomorrow when I have time, or not get an updated OP. Like what you got better now?
    Known Issues

Q/A

Q. Does this use a safe kernel?
    A. Yes, at the moment it uses a pure CM kernel.

Q. How do I remove the pointer when using the S-Pen?
    You can find info here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27930142&postcount=936

Q. Can I use the Thor kernel?
    A. Only if you want to break your device.

Android (and the linux kernel that powers it) are open source. If linux and it's kernel were not open source, Android would not exist, or at least as we know it. If the Linux kernel was not protected by the GPL but Android was still open source, most of the development on this forum couldn't happen, including this kernel. Linux is based on openness, and the community participating and improving the code. I am a very strong believer in openness, I personally only work on open-source projects, because that's how things get better, new developers learn, and how great ROM's like AOKP and CM are born. Now, to the Thor kernel. The Thor kernel is not open-source. The GPL states that source must be provided upon request whenever a binary is distributed (the zip you flash for Thor is the binary). This isn't a suggestion, it's the law. The developer of the Thor kernel decided that he was too good, and would blatantly ignore the law. Even though his work would not be possible without the GPL in place, because there would be no Samsung kernel source for him to base his kernel off of. Also, you take his word that his kernel is safe. Nobody can confirm that without source. For all you know, his kernel could be collecting information on you (carrier IQ anyone?) Note: I am not saying that that is what is happening. I am however saying, that you do not know it isn't. Other kernels have peer review, other developers can see what's happening on open-source kernels. That is also why you do not see his work on XDA, because we require source to be posted. /rant

Q. Where can I find the latest builds and their md5's?
    A. All of the N7000 files will be posted here, old and new.
    Changelog:

Build 40
    added hardware info in Settings > About
    fixed DRM issues (including Hulu)
    made lockscreen weather much prettier
    fixed tablets
    added NFC polling mode Settings > More > NFC polling mode
    added NFC toggle
    added Achromatic theme
    updated Nova
    fixed added custom WiFi SSID FC
    always moar things!
    Full change log available here
    Right now, it does not have TWRP, and mount points are /sdcard as internal, and /emmc as external. If you want swapped mount points/TWRP, I'll get those up soon.