what is AOKP and AOSP

Search This thread

dstylazz

Jun 15, 2011
Dundee
AOSP is an original ROM unmodified as Google intended it to be.

AOKP is based on AOSP but has some slight modifications but not modified to the extent of CM (Cyanogen)

As to if they are better or not well that is a matter of opinion, in terms of performance yeah all AOSP, AOKP and CM ROM's will run smoother and faster than a Sense ROM but there are plenty of people who enjoy the functionality of a Sense based ROM and those who don't.

wtr_dhd

Dec 12, 2011
Flanders
aosp = android open source project
aokp = android open kang project (link https://sites.google.com/site/androidopenkangproject/)

and what's the difference between aosp roms and stock roms, besides e.g. preinstalled samsung apps?

It's not really about the Samsung/Sense apps more about the whole "layer" that i.e. Samsung/HTC put over the basic rom, (touchwiz and sense in the case of samsung/htc).

So if you'd take those layers/apps away you would just have the basis which is just AOSP.

GuyInTheCorner

Feb 18, 2012
London
Personally, AOKP is better as it takea some influence from CyanogenMod, which is THE most popular ROM available for devices

Sent from my Desire HD using Swype beta for Android!

leopardtag

Jul 17, 2012
new website for AOKP

aokp.co/index.php/news

They are finally in milestone 6 , ICS final and will start in JB from fresh! That's awesome news because DHD is still supported. There's pics with DHD working with JB.

mohazia

Jun 13, 2007
Amman, Jordan

AOKP is based on AOSP but has some slight modifications but not modified to the extent of CM (Cyanogen)

As to if they are better or not well that is a matter of opinion, in terms of performance yeah all AOSP, AOKP and CM ROM's will run smoother and faster than a Sense ROM but there are plenty of people who enjoy the functionality of a Sense based ROM and those who don't.

Generally, can we classified ROMs as AOSP, AOKP, CM, MIUI, Sense. Am I right there is other category ?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

Reactions: rcanal

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Generally, can we classified ROMs as AOSP, AOKP, CM, MIUI, Sense. Am I right there is other category ?

It depends on the phone. For example, on this phone we have Sense because of HTC; other phones will have other overlays (like Samsung's TouchWiz). Also, some ROMs don't reside neatly in one category; for example, we have codefireX because of Team Codefire, which is descended from AOSP, CM, and some AOKP ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: mohazia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi everyone
    Can u tell me what are AOKP and AOSP roms?
    what do they do?
    are they better than sense roms?
    Thank you! always wondered what that was.

KN

It depends on the phone. For example, on this phone we have Sense because of HTC; other phones will have other overlays (like Samsung's TouchWiz). Also, some ROMs don't reside neatly in one category; for example, we have codefireX because of Team Codefire, which is descended from AOSP, CM, and some AOKP ideas.