[APP][2.3+] Android HIFI - an AirPlay receiver

Search This thread

HansiHusten

Dec 19, 2006
I dont own any apple products but this app sounds really great for apple users. I guess this project will get a lot of attention in the future. :thumbsup:

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Tested out the app today. Works great. Been using AirBubble but the quality wasn't good (when streamed to my receiver). Will test this one out and see how it goes.

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
One suggestion:

It would be great if you can add an option to rename the speakers. Since I run the app on three different devices, it is very difficult to know which one is playing, by looking in iTunes.

Thanks

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Just an FYI that there does appear to be a Winamp plugin to stream to AirPlay Devices, so Windows users may yet have a way to take advantage of this:

emilles.dyndns.org/

Will test when I get home.

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Just an FYI that there does appear to be a Winamp plugin to stream to AirPlay Devices, so Windows users may yet have a way to take advantage of this:

emilles.dyndns.org/

Will test when I get home.

Tested it with XMplayer and it seems to work and in fact the sound quality is better than what I was getting with iTunes. Now if only I can find a away to control the player that would be AWESOME. I can already do that with iTunes via Remote for iTunes app.

Android-HIFI

Jul 17, 2012
Thursday, August 9, 2012

Android-HIFI:

Apologies in advance if I'm being dense here; but when you said that this app functions as an AirPlay receiver/server, were you saying that this app has the ability to both receive and send audio? In short, does this app have the ability to stream audio to another AirPlay capable device? The reason I'm asking is this: I have sold/discarded/given away ALL of my Apple devices and replaced them with Android and/or other equivalent devices. However, even though I got rid of my Apple devices, I retained a large number of 3rd party manufactured accessories. Among these accessories are a pair of AirPlay speakers that have just been collecting dust since I went 'droid. So, using your app, would it be possible to use one of my Android devices to stream audio to my AirPlay speakers?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Take care and have a good one!

Thank you,
Ed (Mister_Mxyzptlk)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks for your feedback.

This app is just a receiver which can only receiver audio stream from senders like iTunes, iPhone or iPad. It listens at TCP/UDP ports, and waits for the senders to send audio stream to it, so we call it a SERVER.

Maybe I'll write a sender/client later, but I'm concentrating on this receiver at first.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other question about the app. My email is android.hifi(at)gmail.com

Android-HIFI

Jul 17, 2012
Very nice app, for a new (super new dev) I mean, dude, 2 thanks and a like 5 post, and already A article on the Portal at XDA. Just installed your app from the store. Loaded ITunes on my mac, selected HIFI. and VOILA. portable tunes.
Very very cool. Keep up the Nice work.

If you at looking for help on the Graphics / Icons ect.. (I know you have to concentrate on Coding, so really I don't expect a huge interface) PM me. This is a nice little project, and would like to help. and Yes, I know Eye candy is not everything.

I'm running Kyan Rom on my Galaxy SIII (SHG 747m, North American Variant)

Regards,
:)

Link to market : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

create-qr-code

Attached version I got on the Market :)

cirusnb,

I hope I could make the UI looks a little bit nicer, but I'm really not good at graphics. Can you give me a hand? Thanks in advance.

btw. Why couldn't I PM you.

MrManson666

Jul 7, 2011
heya!

wow, thanks for the really cool app.

but i've got somehow a problem.

the airplay icon doesn't show up in itunes.
my android is running cyanogenmod.
it's plugged to the same network.

any ideas?

thanks in advance!!

AskBurlefot

Sep 2, 2012
Fuzzy sound

Hello!
Thanks for creating this app! The I love the concept, but the thing is that it doesn't seems to work for me. I am using a Sony Ericsson Xperia active (w/android v2.3) with the HIFI app, streaming music from a MacBook Pro. I get a connection between the devices, but the output sound is more fuzz and noise than music. Like a radio with very bad signal. I have no problems with streaming Spotify "extreme quality" music on my phone.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Thank you in advance :).

AskBurlefot

Sep 2, 2012
UPDATE: I ugraded to Android ICS and now it works :DD. Thanks for this amazing app! :)

Hello!
Thanks for creating this app! The I love the concept, but the thing is that it doesn't seems to work for me. I am using a Sony Ericsson Xperia active (w/android v2.3) with the HIFI app, streaming music from a MacBook Pro. I get a connection between the devices, but the output sound is more fuzz and noise than music. Like a radio with very bad signal. I have no problems with streaming Spotify "extreme quality" music on my phone.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Thank you in advance :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android HIFI is an AirPlay receiver/server for audio playback. You can stream music to your Android device with it, from AirPlay clients, such as iTunes, iOS, etc.

Features:
    - stream audio from AirPlay clients (itunes, iOS, ...)
    - be able to adjust the delay, so that it is possible to play in sync with other AirPlay receivers, or sync with the video
    - auto mute when there is an incoming call
    - auto turn down the volume if your headset unplugged, or your Bluetooth device disconnected, to avoid noisy surprise
    - run in the background as a service
    - Google TV support (in testing stage)

Android HIFI on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

Reviews:
    http://techsplurge.com/11817/airplay-for-android-stream-music-itunes-iphone-android/

Changelog:
    1.9.4 Beta (Sep 26, 2012)
    • don't check WIFI connection at startup, since it can support Ethernet as well now

1.9.3 Beta (Sep 26, 2012)
    • refactor java codec for Google TV
    • add a setting option for selecting Network Interface

1.9.2 Beta (Sep 22, 2012)
    • minor bug fix
    • give an option of don't show buy license dialog at startup again

1.9.1 Beta (Sep 17, 2012)
    • fix an issue of version 1.9 that quit while connecting

1.9 Beta (Sep 17, 2012)
    • improve audio quality
    • improve compatibility with various kinds of AirPlay senders
    • Please purchase the license app if you would like to support the dev.

1.8 Beta (Aug 19, 2012)
    • support Airfoil
    • support renaming
    • support landscape orientation

1.7 Beta (Aug 6, 2012)
    • more precise delay controlling

1.6 Beta
    • fine-tune the UI
    • minor bug fix

1.5 (Beta) (Jul 20, 2012)
    • Fix the bug that don't work on ICS sometimes

1.4 (Beta) (Jul 19, 2012)
    • Decrypt with native openssl library

1.3 (Beta) (Jul 18, 2012)

1.2 (Beta) (Jul 17, 2012)
    • Fix the bug that cannot connect with iTunes sometimes

1.1 (Beta) (Jul 16, 2012)
    • Initial release
    Nice work dude

Very nice app, for a new (super new dev) I mean, dude, 2 thanks and a like 5 post, and already A article on the Portal at XDA. Just installed your app from the store. Loaded ITunes on my mac, selected HIFI. and VOILA. portable tunes.
    Very very cool. Keep up the Nice work.

If you at looking for help on the Graphics / Icons ect.. (I know you have to concentrate on Coding, so really I don't expect a huge interface) PM me. This is a nice little project, and would like to help. and Yes, I know Eye candy is not everything.

I'm running Kyan Rom on my Galaxy SIII (SHG 747m, North American Variant)

Regards,
    :)

Link to market : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

create-qr-code

Attached version I got on the Market :)
    Thursday, August 9, 2012

Android-HIFI:

Apologies in advance if I'm being dense here; but when you said that this app functions as an AirPlay receiver/server, were you saying that this app has the ability to both receive and send audio? In short, does this app have the ability to stream audio to another AirPlay capable device? The reason I'm asking is this: I have sold/discarded/given away ALL of my Apple devices and replaced them with Android and/or other equivalent devices. However, even though I got rid of my Apple devices, I retained a large number of 3rd party manufactured accessories. Among these accessories are a pair of AirPlay speakers that have just been collecting dust since I went 'droid. So, using your app, would it be possible to use one of my Android devices to stream audio to my AirPlay speakers?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. Take care and have a good one!

Thank you,
    Ed (Mister_Mxyzptlk)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    Will check when I'm home.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_hifi.speaker

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Edit: removed space
    Works with new version.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2