[Working][App]Black Market 2.2.7

Search This thread

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
In data/app you'd be deleting Vending.apk

In data/data you'd be deleting com.android.vending

Hehe.. this is getting messy.

data/app/ should contain com.android.vending-1.apk (if market auto updated you)

the system/app should contain the Vending.apk

delete those and anything in the system/app using sdx.

fyi: it is safe to delete marketupdater.apk as i know of so far. that controlls when the market it self updates ;)

I read somewhere that deleting marketupdater.apk messes up something if you use Titanium Backup -- I'll have to check my source b/c I haven't tried it.

sweepingzero

Dec 7, 2010
Chicago
okay so i just tried it 2 more times(deleting both files and wiping both cache twice and i end up with the regular market) I have no idea why I'm failing so much right now though i am running 2.5.1.2 not sure if this should matter though. sorry for my current noobness

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
Hehe.. this is getting messy.

data/app/ should contain com.android.vending-1.apk (if market auto updated you)

the system/app should contain the Vending.apk

I read somewhere that deleting marketupdater.apk messes up something if you use Titanium Backup -- I'll have to check my source b/c I haven't tried it.

personly i havent deleted it but herd of others doing so

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
okay so i just tried it 2 more times(deleting both files and wiping both cache twice and i end up with the regular market) I have no idea why I'm failing so much right now though i am running 2.5.1.2 not sure if this should matter though. sorry for my current noobness

what rom are you using?

you need to make sure you uninstall Vending.apk or com.android.vending(something along that lines using sdx-app-remover. i havent tried this part with root explorer.

now in data/app with root explorer look for and delete com.android.vending or com.android.vending-1.apk

now in data/data with root explorer look for a folder called com.android.vending and delete that.

reboot into recovery

wipe cache and dalvik

flash my zip

if your still gettin the stock green thene your missing something somewhere

sweepingzero

Dec 7, 2010
Chicago
what rom are you using?

you need to make sure you uninstall Vending.apk or com.android.vending(something along that lines using sdx-app-remover. i havent tried this part with root explorer.

now in data/app with root explorer look for and delete com.android.vending or com.android.vending-1.apk

now in data/data with root explorer look for a folder called com.android.vending and delete that.

reboot into recovery

wipe cache and dalvik

flash my zip

if your still gettin the stock green thene your missing something somewhere

im using viper rom on ext4 with 2.5.1.2(i cheated and added 2.5.1.2 into the viper rom)

i will literally write this post as im going through the steps...

deleted vending.apk with sdx tool(it forced me to make a backup so i deleted the backup just in case it auto reinstalls??? never used sdx)

deleted com.android.vending-1.apk with root explorer.
data/data/com.android.vending as well

rebooting into recovery(not with quickboot this time, though its worked 100% before

wiped cache/dalvik 2x

installed zip

rebooting

and now i have no vending anything or market anything...im thinking sdx just reinstalled vending.apk for me. except now i have no market. just for the hell of it im going to just try and install the apk

edit: tried just installed apk says it will replace system app and "application not installed" sdx cannot find vending, nor can i find anything in root explorer...its completely gone

Last edited:

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
I'm sorry your having issues but your doing everything right. I'm on midnight with ext4 so I know its not the ext4 leading anything up.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

sweepingzero

Dec 7, 2010
Chicago
I'm sorry your having issues but your doing everything right. I'm on midnight with ext4 so I know its not the ext4 leading anything up.

yeah sorry, I'm not exactly sure what is going on, its just like any zip with an apk in it thats worked just fine before. i deleted the existing apk from my system/app folder and reran the zip and now i have vending.apk in my app folder but for some reason it wont actually install

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
yeah sorry, I'm not exactly sure what is going on, its just like any zip with an apk in it thats worked just fine before. i deleted the existing apk from my system/app folder and reran the zip and now i have vending.apk in my app folder but for some reason it wont actually install

So you have the apk in your system/app folder and it still won't install

sweepingzero

Dec 7, 2010
Chicago
So you have the apk in your system/app folder and it still won't install

yeah i deleted it, i think i twas like vending.2.2.7.apk or something different, it was gone, ran zip and then i had the vending.apk in there. so it did what it was supposed to more or less, just did not actually install for some reason. im trying it again(re downloaded it for the 3rd time) if this doesnt work im going to throw the apk file into my theme zip and try that)

the new vending.apk matches the file size exactly....now im completely lost

Last edited:

siphuyoda

Nov 27, 2010
Will this work with Mammon's ROM? I know that the Market in your previous themes didn't for some odd reason. Does this one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    install instructions
    1. using sdx-app-remover: uninstall Vending.apk or com.android.vendingt(depending onrom)
    2. using root-explorer goto data/app and delete com.android.vending
    3. using root explorer again goto data/data and delete the folder with the same name as the apk in data/app (thanks decelax for reminding me)
    4. wipe cache & dalvik
    5. reboot into recovery and flash this http://www.multiupload.com/DNB521IQ6N

Thanks to danarcist (spelling?). We worked on this one together and finally got it release worthy. this is not a port. we built this from scratch together.

difference between the other black market floating around
    different icon
    the name stays as market
    blue rating stars instead of white

snap20110102_201007.png
    one part you should maybe add to the OP is (also do post above), if your market version auto updated, you might need to do this:

After you delete the com.android.vending.apk (or similar name..) in your data/app folder, you should also go in to your data/data folder and delete the folder with the same name as the apk.

Great work Mystery! It looks great.. (and I'm so glad that moneysuitcase icon is gone :)
    I do have a folder in data/data called com.android.vending. Should I be deleting that before I try again?

yessir......
    op updated with better instructions.

can someone give me the actual apk names so i can make it clearer?

In data/app you'd be deleting Vending.apk

In data/data you'd be deleting com.android.vending
    Same here....still no go.....I'm going to see if I can get it working for Viper when I get time today......will update...

The instructions in the op apply to this rom (viper) but instead flash this first; then flash one of the links over top of this.